The Comforts of Home

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s Pov

 

A few days later

 

“Everything is going to be fine. It’ll be over before you know it,” I said to her while we were sitting in the backseat of the van.

 

The whole drive to the airport Krystal had been quite. I was dreading this day. After finally getting her to a good place I don’t want her to go back to square one from being in an airport again. When we saw the first road sign for the airport she reached for my left hand to hold it between her own. I had never seen her this nervous before. She has never liked large crowds, but she was visibly uncomfortable.

 

“Krys you don’t have to be scared. You are going to be right behind me our whole way to the gate. And they have provided more security for us than usual,” I said trying to clam her nerves.

“I know, I’m overreacting. I just can’t get rid of this bad feeling.”

“Look at me,” I said waiting until she finally gave me her eyes, “Once we get in there all you have to do is not think about anything but what a good time we are going to have in L.A. We’re going back home for a couple of days, and nothing could make me happier. We also get to see Jackie, who has been missing us just as much as we have been her. And most importantly after Kcon we get three days all to ourselves to do whatever we want,” I said making her smile.

“That sounds amazing.”

“So promise me, that you will only think about that on the way to the gate.”

“I’ll do my best,” she said.

“I’m sorry that I can’t hold your hand or put an arm around you, I wish I could. If you really feel overwhelmed I want you to grab my arm. That way no matter what we can keep moving and get this over as fast as possible.”

“Ok I can do that,” she said as the van pulled to a stop in front of the airport.

 

As soon as we got out of the van we were met with several body guards. The surrounded as as we crossed the street and went through the sliding doors. I could tell that there were a lot more camera flashes than normal. Not only was there more press because of what happened to Krystal, but the fact that many groups were leaving for Kcon today caused there to be more people. I glanced over my shoulder every so often to make sure she was still right behind me. All of the sudden, the path we had been walking started to narrow and the fans started to get closer. In front of me the body guards were desperately trying to clear the way. Next I felt Krystal grab on to my arm tightly. The next few moments were tense until another path formed. We quickly moved through it and made it to the security check point. After showing our passports and tickets to the guard we all let out a sigh of relief at being in a less populated area. 

 

“How are you doing?” I asked Krystal as we were waiting to go through the metal detector.

“I’ll be better once we get on the plane.”

“Oh me too, I’ve been craving those air plane peanuts. No one does gourmet snacks like they do.”

 

It made my heart happy to see her let out a chuckle at my unexpected joke. Humor has helped me get through a lot of situations in my life, particularly with Krystal. If Krystal is ever in one of her moods, or t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter