Logistics

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“So what are we going to do about telling the girls?” Krystal asked once we were in the car driving to the concert.

“Do you think we should wait and do it tonight? If we tell them when we get there it could cause a scene. Or did you want to tell your family first?”

“Well since my dad knew you were going to ask I’m not sure if he told my mom or sister. We might be able to invite Jessica over tonight and have her there when we tell them. Who else knew that you were going to propose?” she asked interested.

“Uh well let’s see. I think Jackie was the first to know. I told her I was thinking about it the night before we had that awful dinner with my parents. And then my dad actually went with me to get the ring later that same day,” I said.

“You bought the ring in L.A.?”

“Yeah I had the idea in my head that I wanted to propose near Christmas and my dad helped set things into motion.”

“No wonder you were acting kind of strange. I had no idea. So you got it when you went out to get ice cream?”

“Yep.”

“You’re better at keeping a secret than I thought,” she remarked.

“I’m not good at lying. But because it was an exciting and life changing surprise I was able to hold it together.”

“Anyone else besides them?”

“Just Henry. He helped me set up the room we ate in and put the present on the roof. He’s really excited for us. I even already asked him to be my best man,” I answered giving her a side glance before looking back at the road.

“Am that’s so great,” she said grabbing my hand that wasn’t on the steering wheel. “You two were very sneaky to get all of that by me. You guys make a really great team. Wow you’ve already picked a best man. Not to shatter the fantasy that the past couple hours have been but do you already have a time frame for when you want the wedding to be?”

“No. No. I’m not trying to stress you out. I didn’t mean to say that like it’s going to happen in a couple of months. I knew that asking you now would mean that this would be a long engagement because our group is still very active. I’m ok with that. I wasn’t thinking that it would happen until we weren’t touring or promoting as much. It might be a few years. How do you feel about that?” I asked concerned.

“Relieved actually. I agree with you. We can’t or really shouldn’t have to try to plan a secret wedding and hope that no one finds out. If we wait then we should be able to have exactly what we want.”

“Would you have rather me asked you later?”

“No. I don’t regret anything that’s happened. It was magical and unexpected. And now I have the privilege of calling you mine,” she smiled squeezing my hand.

“I’ve always been yours, trust me.”

“Now it’s official. It’s a nice sense of security and safety that I feel. I didn’t know being engaged would make me feel like this. I have so much hope for the future. And you are the reason for that.”

“That’s exactly why I felt so compelled to propose now. Like you’ve said before we have had a rough past few months. But we’ve grown stronger through the trials we’ve faced. We’ve learned how to help and support each other. I knew that we were ready for this and that we needed this. I wanted to give you that security. I’ll always be here for you. I needed you to know that,” I said with conviction.

“I could listen to you talk like that all day,” she sighed. 

“I wish we could spend the day like that, but we are almost there.”

“We need to decide about how we are going to tell them.”

“I think we should just tell the Sulli, Vic, and Luna tonight. They are our members and they deserve that. We can tell your sister by having another meal with your family, unless you want to tell her by yourself,” I suggested.

“I think that sounds good. And I don’t want to tell her alone. This is about the two of us. I feel like I don’t want to do anything by myself anymore. I feel like I don’t even want leave your side.”

“Some of that will wear off. But I think because of last night we feel very emotionally attached right now.”

“I don’t want it to wear off,” she insisted as I parked the car.

“That’s really cute princess. Then I hope it doesn’t,” I said facing her.

“We also have to think about Lauren,” she said remembering her.

“Oh yeah. She will probably be pissed that Henry knew the whole time. I think I see another double date in our future,” I chuckled.

“That sounds really great. I love our double dates.”

“Now that that is settled unfortunately it is time for us to go in.”

“How am I going to be able to pretend like everything is the same, when everything has changed. It’s going to be a million times harder not to show you affection,” she said frustrated.

“I’m sorry that this is the way it has to be. I wish it was different but I can’t control everything. It is going to be just as hard for me I promise. The art of subtly has to be our friend here. A look or a brief touch is going to have to be enough until we are with friends or alone again.”

“Then don’t be surprised if you catch me staring at you,” she admitted.

“I’ll look forward to it.”

“I need one more kiss to hold me the next few hours.”

“As long as no one is around I guess that would be fine,” I said looking at what was outside the car.

 

We leaned close and she put her hands on the sides of my neck. I quickly gave her a peck and pulled back.

 

“Hey, I want a real one. A kiss that says I’m not going to be able to kiss my fiancée for several hours,” she said giving me a pout.

“Oh you should’ve been more specific,” I said sarcastically leaning back in.

 

Her lips met mine first and there was no mistaking that she was the one leading. She kissed me leaning in as much as possible. But when I felt her tongue graze my lip I jerked back.

 

“Uh...ok um...I really think we need to go inside,” I stammered leaning back into my seat.

“I’m sorry...I wasn’t meaning to do that.”

“It’s fine. I’ll grab the bags. Let’s just go,” I said as we both got out.

 

 

Inside Backstage Getting Ready

 

 

“Well I hope you two had a fun night. You barely got here on time,” Victoria scolded as we were putting the finishing touches on our outfits.

“Sorry unnie. We never meant to make you worry,” Krystal said.

“Then you should have told me that you were not spending the night at the dorm.”

“Would you have let us if I did tell you?” I asked.

“No of course not.”

“That’s why I didn’t tell you,” I said holding up my hands.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter