Moving Out

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Two Weeks Later

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Ok this is the last box,” Henry said bringing it into my new apartment.

“Thanks so much for helping me. You never know how much stuff you have until you pack it all up right?” I joked.

“Yeah. But how could I not help? Now you live right down the hall from me. This is going to be great,” he said excited.

“It really is. It was just so perfect that the previous owner just put it out for lease. When you told me it was available I knew I had to jump at the chance,” I said.

“So after you have a few days to unpack are we still on to have that house warming get together with our girlfriends? Wait sorry my girlfriend and your fiancée. Excuse my mistake,” he jeered sitting down to rest.

“Yeah it’s going to happen because Krystal can’t keep it a secret from Lauren anymore. It’s been killing her. She knows that she could let it slip so she has actually been avoiding hanging out with her,” I told him.

“Yeah it has already been two weeks since Christmas huh?”

“Yeah it’s crazy time flies by.”

“So we haven’t gotten to have a real conversation yet about how the proposal went,” he stated.

“I know and I’m sorry about that I’ve just been so busy with my sister being here through New Years and everything.”

“You seem different you know.”

“I do?” I questioned.

“Yeah maybe someone that didn’t know you as well as I do wouldn’t notice, but your whole demeanor has changed. It’s not like you seem happier but that you seem more secure about everything. Who you are, your choices, and your relationship with her,” he said thoughtfully.

“That’s because I am. I feel like a lot of weight has been lifted off of me. I don’t have to worry about as many things as I used to. It’s liberating.”

“You know what else is liberating? Having your own apartment. This is going to give you so much more freedom to do what you want.”

“The whole reason I think Victoria really wanted me to move out is so that she wouldn’t have to see me and Krystal be all over each other,” I admitted.

“Are you going to be all over each other?” he asked raising his eyebrows.

“What can I say. It feels like we are in a honeymoon phase. We want to be together all the time. It feels stressful when we are apart.”

“Is she going to sleep over a lot?” he wondered.

“I would love it if she would but I don’t think we can justify it to her parents. It’s different if we are all alone here. When she stayed at the dorm she wasn’t there to just see me you know? Does Lauren ever stay over at your place?”

“Not intentionally. We’ve fallen asleep on the couch a few times and haven’t woken up until the next day. She does still manage to take up a big portion of my closet with her clothes somehow,” he laughed.

“Yeah I can foresee that happening to me. Just she might take up more than half of my closet,” I said laughing with him. 

“So what was your favorite part about the proposal?”

“That’s really hard. But I think I would have to say all the unexpected moments. I mean I loved her reactions to everything too. Wait did I tell you that in the elevator on the way to the roof there were other people in there with us?” I asked.

“No I don’t think you did.”

“Well it was unplanned and not ideal, but that made it even better. We had to hold each other really close so the people wouldn’t recognize us. It was just a really nice moment. And I have to thank you again for letting me use your car and for helping set it all up. She loved the jour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter