They're Coming

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Next Morning

 

Amber’s Pov

 

When I opened my eyes their were a few things that I noticed all at once. I wasn’t in my apartment. I was in Krystal’s house. But she was awkwardly asleep on the floor next to me. She was sitting and her head was leaned back against the couch near mine. She must be so uncomfortable. She stayed there for me.

 

“Baby wake up,” I whispered touching her.

 

She slowly woke up, and worry came across her face.

 

“Are you alright?” she asked quickly sitting up.

“I can’t believe you slept like that. You shouldn’t have.”

“I’m fine really,” she insisted.

“Switch with me. Take the couch,” I said sitting up.

“Am I need to know what’s really going through your head right now,” she said joining me on the couch. “You scared me,” she whispered rubbing my back.

“I scared myself,” I sighed. “And your parents too. They must think I’m crazy.”

“No don’t say that. They only wanted to help you.”

“Do they know what this is about? Do you?” I wondered just now realizing that I didn’t even know if she knew the reason I freaked out.

“I do. I talked to your sister after you left the room, because I was concerned. And I told my mom. I mean she was asking me all these questions, and I didn’t know what to say. I’m sorry if that was a mistake.”

“I can’t keep you from talking to your parents about things. Especially when it’s in their own house.”

“I know you are worried. We don’t know what’s going to happen. But my mom reminded me of the most important thing. We are engaged, and no one can take that away from us. We made each other a promise, and that is something only between us. Whatever happens we still get to decide how we want to live our lives. And my parents are on our side. My mom said she could talk to them first. Try and explain how they see things from a parental view point. Only if that’s ok with you. It was just an offer,” she said quickly not meeting my eyes.

“I appreciate that they are willing to do that. I just don’t know if my mom is going to want to listen to them. I was caught so off guard. I mean why hasn’t my dad tried to get in touch with me? He’s the one who helped me get the ring. Why wouldn’t he warn me if something terrible is about to happen?”

“Maybe because it’s not going to be so terrible? She might not be coming over here to break us up,” Krystal said.

“How can you be so naive when you saw first hand how she reacted!” I yelled suddenly angry.

“Am,” she said fear coming across her face.

“Oh,” I groaned slamming my hands against my head. “I didn’t mean to yell at you. Look what this is doing to me,” I continued frustrated.

“What’s going on?” Krystal’s dad said walking down the stairs followed by her mom.

“We were talking,” Krystal said.

“I heard yelling,” he said.

“It was me sir. I’m sorry,” I said moving further away from Krystal.

“Are you two fighting about something?” her mom asked.

“I’m sorry,” I repeated burying my face in my hands. “My parents are going to be here in a matter of hours. I should go. Sorry to be such a burden,” I said standing up, and moving to the front door.

“Woah, wait,” Mr. Jung said stepping in front of me. “You shouldn’t be going anywhere.”

“This is my problem to deal with.”

“It’s not. It’s our problem,” he said touching my shoulder. “Even though it isn’t official to the rest of the world yet, the day you asked if you could marry my daughter you became part of the family. That means your problems are my problems. Let us help you. Don’t try to do this by yourself.”

“All I do is cause trouble. I’ve brought that into your lives. Meeting my parents should have been something to look forward to. But it’s not. I don’t know what is going to happen. All because of me.”

 

He pulled me into a hug.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter