F(x) is a Family

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

Once the concert started things got a lot better. All of us were singing great, and hitting our cues. It was even better than last night because we were all more confident. The only time Kai bothered us again was right before I went on stage for my duet with Kris.

 

“He’s looking at us,” I commented as Krystal fixed my bandana. 

“Ignore him,” she continued making sure my hair looked ok.

 

I couldn’t keep an angry look from flashing across my face.

 

“Hey,” she said softly placing a hand on my shoulder. “He’s an idiot. You shouldn’t let what he does affect you like this.”

“But it’s not ok with me. Especially not now. To see him try to ask you out after the kind of night we just had. It makes me-”

“I know. I know. He’s even dumber than I thought for thinking he has a chance with me. But that’s all it is. He has no idea who I am. He knows nothing about me. That’s why it didn’t even feel like an actual attempt to ask me out. It was pathetic to be honest. So I don’t want you to think about it anymore. Go out there and have a good time with Kris. I know this is one of the highlights of the show for you. So go, I’ll be here watching,” she said smiling.

“Thanks,” I said backing away and keeping my eyes on her until the last possible second before I went on stage.

 

We had a great performance and I was thinking about her the whole time. So much in fact that I had a brilliant idea pop into my head. When the concert was coming to an end we performed Rocking around the Christmas tree on moving carts that went around the arena and brought us close to the fans. When we got back on stage I was coming from one side and Krys was coming from the other end. When I got to the middle I dropped down onto one knee and held my arms out to her, almost like I was proposing again.

 

 

 

She looked very shocked and motioned for me to stand up right before she got to me. We still hugged briefly before thanking the crowd and going backstage.

 

 

 

We all went right to the dressing room to change into our final outfits. She came to stand next to me while I was getting my clothes from the rack.

 

“You’re crazy you know that,” she whispered.

“That’s what love will do to you,” I said smirking as I walked away.

 

 

When the concert was finally over Jackie joined us back stage like she did last night. She didn’t come to me first. When she came into the room she locked eyes with Krystal and they exchanged a wordless conversation before Krystal ran into her arms. My heart burst at seeing them together. I could hear them whispering but couldn’t make out the words. 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“Welcome to the family,” Jackie whispered holding me tightly. 

 

I didn’t know what was the right thing to say in this moment. I wanted to say the perfect thing. But as I pulled back and looked at her I felt tears come to my eyes.

 

“It’s ok she’s really not all that bad. You could’ve done much worse,” she said trying to make me laugh. 

“Is everything alright over there?” Victoria questioned noticing our exchange.

“Yeah we’re great,” I said pulling myself together. “We haven’t told them yet,” I explained turning back to Jackie.

“Oh. When are you telling them?”

“When we get back to the dorm. But right now we can’t make a huge scene.”

“Ok sorry. I understand,” she said. “I guess I should go say hi to your betrothed,” she whispered winking at me as I chuckled at her words.

 

I watched as she went to hug Am. It was longer than a normal hug should be, but I could see that she pulled away sooner than she wanted to. I was a part of their family now. 

 

At the Dorm

 

“I’m exhausted. I think it would be a good idea for us all to turn in early,” Victoria suggested as we all came into the living room.

“Wait you can’t go to sleep yet. We have something important to discuss with you guys,” I insisted.

“Does this mean you are going to tell us what hyung got you?” Sulli asked excited.

“Yes. Could you all sit down?” I asked sitting down and sharing a chair with Amber.

“Ok we’re all sitting,” Victoria said.

 

How am I so nervous? It’s like I’m telling my parents about us all over again. Their approval will mean so much to me...to us. I looked around the room at each of them. First Jackie who already knew. She was trying to encourage me through her eyes. Then Luna who looked just as happy and bright as ever. And Sulli who I think will be the easiest to get a positive response out of. Lastly Victoria, she’s who I’m afraid of. But then I can feel Amber beside me. She doesn’t even have to say anything to give me courage, just having her next to me is enough. 

 

“Why do you look so conflicted? Please don’t tell me you two are breaking up?” Luna asked horrified. 

“No unnie, that can’t be it. They were all over each other at the concert,” Sulli said nonchalantly.

“No we weren’t,” Am said.

“Hyung I didn’t say I had a problem with it. That’s how you two always are. And you totally were. I mean Krystal couldn’t tear her eyes away from you the whole night,” Sulli countered.

 

Oh was I really that obvious? 

 

“Ok we get it,” Am said making her stop.

“Please just tell us,” Sulli begged. 

“This isn’t an easy thing for us to talk about. It’s very important to us. You all are very important to us. You are our family and have been for the past few years. You have been there every step of our relationship and we what to tell you that last night we took another one,” I said carefully. “Last night we-”

“I proposed,” Amber said cutting me off.

“And I said yes,” I added revealing the necklace from under my shirt.

“Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! This is the greatest news ever!” Sulli yelled standing up and coming over to hug me. 

“You’re going to be such a beautiful bride,” Luna said happily also coming over to give us each a hug.

“You have to tell us exactly how hyung asked you. Every detail,” Sulli said holding my hand while Luna was looking at the ring.

“Wait you two g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter