Comforting Embrace

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Hey babe, do you feel any better?” I asked standing up from her bed.

“Yeah, somewhat.”

“Is there anything I can do?” I said walking over to her.

“I think cuddling would be a nice place to start.”

“Oh good, something I excel at,” I said taking her hand and laying down on the bed with her.

 

It took her a few minutes for her to find a comfortable position, but she eventually settled with having her head on my chest while her fingers traced the tattoo on my left wrist. My right arm was wrapped protectively around waist, as I listened to her breathe. It didn’t take long for her hand movements to still and her eyes to grow heavy, which I was very grateful for. After about 20 minutes, I was staring at the ceiling in deep thought, when I felt her start to shift in her sleep. Krystal was normally a very peaceful sleeper, so I knew this wasn’t a good sign. The muscles in her face and hands began to clench. When I heard her whisper “Let me go,” I tried to wake her up. When I put my right hand on her shoulder, she immediately hit her hand on my chest and said, “Stop it!”

 

“Krystal wake up!” I said restraining the hand that hit me.

“What,” she said finally opening her eyes in confusion.

“It’s me, you were having a bad dream,” I said her face.

“Did I hit you?” she asked sadly.

“It’s ok it didn’t hurt.”

“I’m so sorry,” she said her eyes welling up with tears.

“I’m fine, you’re fine. Please don’t cry, it breaks my heart when you cry.”

“I was dreaming that it was happening again.”

“I know, but I’m not going to ever let it happen again. You don’t have to worry,” I said pulling her into a desperate kiss.

 

I don’t know if that was the best thing to do at that moment, but it was the first thing I could think of to distract her from her thoughts. After I pulled back from the kiss, I searched her eyes to figure out what she was thinking. She seemed calmer, and she put her hand on the side of my neck. 

 

“It’s ok, you can kiss me.”

“Are you sure?” 

 

She nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter