Picking Up The Pieces

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

 

“I should have gotten to her sooner,” I cried into her shoulder.

“It’s not your fault,” Jackie said rubbing my back. “My car is right over there. We can sit in it and talk if you want,” she said pulling back to search my eyes.

 

I nodded my head and followed her to her car. Once I was seated in the passenger seat and she was in the driver’s I felt her hand on my shoulder.

 

“How could this happen to her? How could I have been fifteen feet away from her and some bastard was able to put his hands all over her,” I said getting angrier.

“Am-”

“No! How can I promise her that this will never happen to her again when I was so close to her and couldn’t stop it! I feel so defeated and powerless. Some complete stranger took away her sense of stability and faith. He hurt the person who has my heart, and in turn hurt me just as much. He assaulted her, he touched her....it makes me feel sick to think about it. I’m so angry, but I can’t let her see that I am. If she knows that feel like this she will only regret telling me. But I don’t know how I can ever not feel this angry about what happened.”

“I understand where you are coming from, but for her sake you are going to have to let go of the anger. She is having a hard time dealing with her own emotions about this as it is. She won’t be able to deal with yours being all over the place as well,” Jackie said.

“I wish it had happened to me instead,” I said dejected.

“Doing that will get you no where. If it had happened to you Krystal would feel just like you are right now. I mean can you really imagine how you would have reacted if some guy d you?”

“It would have destroyed me. That’s why I wish it never happened to her. She must be second guessing every person that even walks by her. This shouldn’t be something she has to go through,” I groaned in frustration.

“This isn’t something I ever thought I would have to try and help you through. But I do know that you can’t focus on what should have happened. You have to think about the things that you do have. Yes, this terrible thing occurred, but think about how Krystal would be right now if she didn’t have you. No matter what you guys have each other. You have proven to me countless times over the years how strong of a connection you two have. No matter what this isn’t an easy thing for anyone to go through, but it is always easier to heal if you have loved ones around you. You have to remember that,” she said turning my face to look at her.

“I can’t help but keep thinking that he should be arrested for what he did. I mean it was assault.”

“I know that you want to feel a sense of justice carried out, but do you think that getting the authorities involved will help Krystal in anyway? If you do the story will go public and it could last for months if it goes to some kind of trial. Krystal doesn’t need that attention right now,” Jackie said.

“I just hate the fact that he is out there somewhere living his life with no consequences for what he did, while Krystal cried herself to sleep,” I said clenching my fist. “ What’s worse is the reason she finally told me.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Last night she didn’t want me to touch her because it reminded her of what happened. I mean she actually pushed my hands away and moved away from me.That’s the first time that she has ever done that. I know that she didn’t want to do it, but it really hurt me. I don’t want her to ever feel afraid of me,” I said sadly.

“Oh Amber I’m so sorry. But listen to me when I say that she could never be afraid of you. She trusts you more than anyone else in her life. She just feels very confused right now. You have to know that that is the truth,” Jackie said passionately. 

 

All the sudden I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

 

“My phone’s vibrating, let me just see if it is one of the girls,” I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. “I have to answer it, it’s Sulli.”

“Go ahead.”

“Sulli is everything ok?” I asked concerned.

“Hyung everything’s fine, but Krystal woke up. She has tried to get back to sleep but she  can’t. She wanted me to see if you could come back up here to help her get back to sleep,” Sulli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter