Taking Care of Each Other

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Where are we?” she asked opening her eyes and looking around the room.

“We’re in one of the hotel rooms,” I explained continuing to dab her forehead with the damp washcloth. 

“What happened?” she asked bringing her hand up to her face.

 

Before I got a chance to answer she noticed the ring on her hand, and began staring at it intently.

 

“It really wasn’t a dream,” she said glancing back at me.

“No, it’s very real.”

“It was so perfect I thought it had to be a dream,” she said smiling. 

“How do you feel?” I asked concerned.

“I’m ok,” she said trying to sit up.

“Don’t sit up too fast,” I warned.

“I can’t believe I fainted. You propose and the first thing I do is pass out.”

“It wasn’t so bad. I quite literally swept you off your feet,” I said chuckling.

“You did. And so much more. Would you believe me if I told you that I fainted from being so happy? My body didn’t know what to do.”

“I could. But for any reason I don’t like it when you faint,” I said putting the wash cloth on the bedside table.

“And here you are taking care of me. We should be celebrating but instead-”

“Instead nothing. This is what I signed up for. You know that whole in sickness and in health bit?”

“I’m fine though. It was just too much excitement. The dinner, the tree, your journal, your  words, and the ring,” she said holding one of my hands against her face.

“Did I go overboard?”

“No,” she said quickly. “It was the most romantic thing I’ve ever experienced. And I don’t know how I can express how grateful I am. For all that you did, but more for you. There isn’t another person out there like you either, and the fact that I’ve found you makes me so lucky. I’m engaged to...oh my god engaged,” she said closing her eyes for a moment. “I’m engaged to not only my best friend but the love of my life.”

“I thought Lauren and Sulli were your two best friends?” I questioned.

“You know that’s different. They are some of my very best friends. But you come first. I will always come to you first,” she said with conviction. 

 

I smiled at her and she pulled my head to hers for a kiss.

 

“So do you want to tell me more about the room?” she asked raising her eyebrows at me.

“What do you mean?”

“You got a ‘room’ for us,” she said using air quotes.

“I wasn’t suggesting anything by it,” I said quickly.

“But you had already booked it before I fainted, right?”

“Yeah but we needed a place to sleep tonight. I didn’t want to just go back to the dorm after everything. I wanted to be alone with you.”

“Alone?” she said drawing the word out.

“I’m not trying to pressure you into anything, just because we just got engaged. I swear. I wouldn’t do that,” I said.

“I know. I’m just teasing you a bit,” she said touching my arm.

 

I let out a sigh.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter