Being Myself With You

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I just want to thank you to everyone for keeping up with the story. I can't believe this is the 50th chapter! Enjoy and let me know what you think.

 

Amber’s Pov

 

Not too much later we both fell asleep. When I woke about an hour had passed. I sat up and noticed that she was still sound asleep. I stared at her for a while. Just watching her breathe. She was so upset earlier. I didn’t see it coming. At times like these I often felt an inspiration to write. With my songwriting she inspired me to write a lot. How could she not? I moved to get my notebook from the other room, and put back on my t-shirt. I also grabbed my glasses. I then sat back down on the bed quietly and began to write. I put phrases together, and tried different combinations. I wasn’t happy with most of it. But the theme all surrounded love and loss. The fear of losing love, the harsh reality if it does happen. It helped me process what Krystal was feeling and what my friends were going through. Suddenly Krystal shifted and opened her eyes. 

 

“Hey,” she smiled up at me.

“Hey yourself.”

“What are you writing?” she asked sitting up next to me with the bed sheet around her.

“I’m just trying out some song ideas.”

“Feeling inspired?” she asked raising her eyebrows.

“You have that affect on me,” I said giving her a short kiss.

“I’m the muse? You sneak away while I’m still half in bed to write about the throws of our passion, which didn’t really end up happening.”

“Do you not want to be the muse? Let’s see what I wrote. Hmm...nothing about our passionate almost lovemaking here. Just some incomplete sentences about the complexity of love.”

“I guess I just never thought of myself as someone’s inspiration before. The term muse normally is used for something short lived,” she explained.

“Well my princess, believe me when I tell you that you could inspire me to write in a thousand of these notebooks, and it still wouldn’t be enough,” I said with conviction.

“Well my prince I do believe you, and you shall be my muse as well. For everything,” she said.

“Even fashion?” I jeered.

“Of course. It’s at the top of my list. Why don’t I have a look through your closet right now,” she said getting up, and taking the bed sheet with her.

“This should be interesting,” I laughed putting down my notebook and focusing on her.

“Do you remember when I got this for you?” she asked holding up my first and only suit.

“Of course. Our infamous shopping trip that we took before our debut,” I answered remembering. 

Flashback

 

“None of these outfits are really working,” the stylist said as I went to change again.

 

Everything I tried on made me feel uncomfortable and exposed. I knew being in a girl group would mean that I would have to change my style but I don’t know if I could ever feel comfortable wearing what they want. I don’t want to look like an idiot next to everyone in the group. I suddenly heard Krystal whispering to the stylist.

 

“I think she has tried on enough for today,” Krystal said.

“We have to figure out what she is going to wear. We are running out of time. The president is really putting pressure on me. Your debut is in two weeks, and we have outfits for the rest of you,” the woman explained to her.

“I know that, but she has done enough for today. Let me take her shopping. We might find something. If we don’t we can look at the rest of what you have tomorrow,” Krystal whispered to her.

“Ok,” the stylist agreed.

“Hey Amber,” she said addressing me from outside of the changing curtain.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“You can put back on your normal clothes,” she said.

“I’ll be right out,” I said finishing changing and stepping out to see her.

“Hey I was wondering if you are not too tired if you maybe want to go shopping with me?” she asked.

“You want me to accompany you?” I asked, because we had done that before.

“Well yes. But I thought we could look for something for you. I know that you have shopped with me before, and have gotten stuck holding my bags,” she chuckled. 

“I still had fun.”

“What do you think? Are you up for going?”

“Anything would be better than this. Trying that stuff on was torture,” I said.

“I know. I think I could help find something that you might actually like.”

“Ok, why not.”

“Great let’s go then.”

 

At the store

 

“Krystal I came to this place with the stylist, and we couldn’t find anything,” I said as we walked in.

“Well she didn’t look in the men’s section with you,” she said taking my hand. “Come on,” she said dragging me over there.

“Krys I don’t know about this,” I said reluctant. 

“Am, I’m your friend. I want to help. I know you haven’t been happy with the look that the company wants you to have. I want you to happy. Let me just pick out a few things for you, and see if you like them. What’s the harm?” she asked.

“Krystal I don’t want this to be awkward,” I said softly.

“I’m not trying to make you uncomfortable. If this isn’t what you want then tell me. I just thought that this might be the kind of clothes you wanted to wear. We can leave if you don’t want to do this.”

“I’ve just never had someone help me shop before,” I said scratching my head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter