A Bump in the Road

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“Don’t you think she deserves to know?”

“I don’t want to make her even more upset about what happened. If I tell her she will just worry more. I just what to move on from this,” I said frustrated. 

“But Krys, I don’t think you can move forward without letting her know the whole story. I know how close you two are, and you have always helped each other with your problems. You need to let her all the way in, so that you can really start the healing process of getting over this. If you keep this hidden it will continue to be a burden to you,” Jackie said leaning over to put a hand on my knee.

“I wish this had never happened,” I said sniffling.

“It’s going to be alright I promise,” Jackie said coming to sit next to me and drawing me into a hug.

 

Hours Later

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Krys I’ve got a surprise you are going to love,” I said touching her elbow to get her attention.

 

I soon as I touched her she shivered and dropped her phone that was in her hand.

 

“You scared me. I didn’t hear you come in,” she said clutching her hands to her chest. 

“I’m sorry, were you thinking about something?” I asked picking up her phone and handing it to her.

“Ah I guess I was just distracted. What were you saying a second ago?”

“I ran into Jackie as she was leaving, and she told me we could borrow her car for the night. She said that she could catch a ride with a friend. That means that I can give you another driving lesson. Isn’t that great?”

“You wanna do it right now?”

“Yeah, you don’t want to? I just thought that you couldn’t wait to have another one, but if you don’t want to...”

“No that sounds great. I’m still a little tired from the flight. Just let me go wash my face,” she said kissing me on the cheek and before heading to the bathroom.

“Did you have fun with Dario?” she asked a few minutes later leaning out of the bathroom to ask before returning to finish washing her face. 

“Yeah, he showed me some of the songs he’s working on, they all sound sick. We are really hoping to try to do a song together soon.”

“That’s great, I know how well you guys work together,” Krys said exiting the bathroom and picking up her purse. “Ok, I’m ready.”

“Great we can go out the back way to the parking lot, so no one will see us,” I said taking her hand.

 

 

In The Car

 

Once we got to the parking lot I drove my sister’s toyota camry to the back empty parking lot of the hotel. I turned off the engine and looked at her in the passenger seat.

 

“Ok I know we covered the basics last time, and you drive around a little, do you remember what I told you,” I asked.

“Yeah I’ve got the basics covered, I just need to get better at doing everything more smoothly.”

“Let’s which places and you can just start from where you left off,” I said.

 

After getting out and changing places. Krystal buckled her seat belt and put her hands on the wheel. Her hands kept shifting trying to find the best place to put them.

 

“Relex, driving can be calming if you let it.”

“But there are so many things to think about and be aware of.”

“We are just in a parking lot right know. There’s no traffic laws to obey. It’s just about you getting a feel for the car,” I said calmly. “Just keep your foot on the brake, and start the engine. Now put it in drive, and ease down on the gas.”

 

Krystal did exactly as I said, but when she put her foot on the gas, she pressed it too hard on the car sped forward. She tried to correct her mistake by slamming on the brake, and our bodies strained against the seat belts at the abrupt halt.

 

“I can’t do this, it scares me,” she said freighted.

“Hey, this is only your second time driving. It took me a while to be comfortable too. You gotta give yourself a chance.”

“I feel like I have no control.”

“Let’s try something. I think it will help. Put the car in park.”

 

She put it in park, and I got out and walked over to her side and opened the door.

 

“Come out for a second,” I said helping her out.

 

I then bent down and moved the driver’s seat as far back as it would go. I stood back up and then sat down in the seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter