Perfect Ending, To A Perfect Day

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“This is how you experience California,” she sighed leaning into me.

“It really is,” I agreed kissing the back of her head.

 

To finish off the day I had taken her to see the sunset at a secluded spot on Venice beach. It was the end of summer so the temperature was in the 60’s, but it would get colder once the sun went down. That is why I chose this spot. We are sitting next to a fire pit in the sand. Krystal is sitting in front of me between my bent legs. We loved to sit like this. It allows us to feel close and still be able to kiss with just the turn of the head. 

 

“I miss living here so much,” she said turning to look at me.

“Me too. I’ve been to so many different places, but this will always be my home.”

“Our home,” she corrected.

“Yes our home,” I said before giving her a kiss.

“I think about it all the time. That of all the places in the world, we both grew up here in California, but met half way across the world. You can’t get a better story than that. We share the same love for this place, and it helped us feel closer to each other.”

“It was destined to be. I know it. Everything fell into place for me when I met you. My California girl,” I whispered in her ear.

“I could definitely fit in to the lifestyle here. I love how laid back and easy going it is. And I know that the skate culture here really influenced you. I can see us walking on the boardwalk, and admiring the skaters at the all the parks around here,” she said.

“I don’t know if I could promise you that I would just watch. When I see other people skate, I have to join.”

“You know I’m so proud of how skilled you are. And I love to watch you, but it does do a number on my nerves. Every time you fall I think you won’t get back up,” she said sliding her hands on top of mine.

“I’ve got thick skin,” I assured her.

“Not thick enough,” she said tracing my long scar that was on my left shin.

“Scars are hot. You said that yourself one time.”

“On you they are, but that doesn’t change the fact that I know it hurt when you got them,” she said lacing the fingers of our right hands. “Just be careful. You are precious to me, and so is your body.”

“My body is precious huh,” I said laughing.

“Yes it is. Things, money, clothes can all be replaced if something happens to them. You only get one body. And there is only one you, so you better take care of yourself because I need you,” she said with conviction.

“I promise I will. We can take care of each other like we always do.”

“I feel like it’s really only been you taking care of me lately,” she said.

“Relationships are like that. When circumstances outside of our control happen one of us has to step up. You have been there for me so many times. Most recently when the company tried to force a more girly image on me. They made me grow my hair out to that terrible little ponytail, and I just hated the way I looked. I felt trapped, that I couldn’t stand up to them and tell them what I really wanted. Even when I hated how I looked you were there encouraging me, and making me feel wanted. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me. Then you pushed me to take a risk and just cut my hair the way I wanted it. And said that they would have to deal with it. You have always been my strength and courage especially now,” I said confidently. 

“That was an unbelievable situation. You shouldn’t be forced to do anything, the company doesn’t own us despite what they think. It broke my heart to see you try to make them happy when you hated it. I love you no matter what you look like, but I love you most when you love yourself the most,” she said giving my hand a squeeze. 

 

The wind suddenly picked up and she shivered against me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter