The Magazine

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s Pov

 

The Next Morning

 

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. I opened my eyes and tried to find where it was coming from. Krystal was not in the room. And I quickly realized it was her phone. I leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed her purse from the ground. I put my hand out and searched until I found it. I silenced the alarm and tossed her bag back on the floor. When it hit the ground it tipped over and some of the contents fell out. I groaned getting out of bed, and throwing on the nearest clothes. Then I kneeled down to gather what had fallen out. Lip gloss, hand mirror, chapstick, and a magazine? It was a bigger bag than she normally carried, but I’ve never seen her carry around a magazine. I flipped it over and noticed the title was “Bridal Guide” and the main article was about pairing your dream dress with the perfect suit/tux. I also noticed that there were many pages tabbed with colorful post-its. Curious I flipped open to a page with pictures of different tuxedos that had been circled. Just as I flipped to another page Krystal opened the door and came back in the room.

 

“Hey Am, do you–wait what are you doing?” she asked looking at the magazine in my hands.

“Krys, your alarm was going off on your phone. It was in your bag-“

“So you had to look through my entire bag to turn it off,” she asked angry.

“No, it fell over and some stuff fell out,” I explained.

 

She walked over grabbed the magazine out of my hands, and then I preceded to stand up.

 

“I wasn’t trying to invade your privacy. You know I would never do that,” I promised her.

“Well you were still looking,” she said holding the magazine to her chest.

“This isn’t a big deal. It’s a wedding magazine. You don’t have to keep that a secret from me.”

“But it is embarrassing,” she sighed turning to leave the room.

“Hey. Wait,” I said following her to the living room.

 

I touched her arm and turned her back towards me. She was on the verge of crying.

 

“Why are you upset?” I asked concerned.

“I just feel like a 10-year old dreaming up her perfect wedding, and writing Mrs. Krystal Liu in her diary,” she said sniffling.

“Did you really write that out?”

“Am, you weren’t supposed to see this,” she said hitting me with the magazine, “No one was. But especially not you.”

“Why didn’t you feel like you could share this with me. You aren’t being childish you are just planning ahead. Everyone does that for a wedding. It’s kind of important. Don’t be embarrassed,” I pleaded taking her face into my hands. “You don’t need to be. When you are married to someone they are the one person you should never have to hide from.”

“I just thought you might think it was too soon to be looking at this stuff.”

“No, I’m glad you are excited. I’m glad that thinking about it, and planning for it makes you happy. How could I not want you to look forward to our wedding?”

“I might have overreacted.”

 

I leaned in to kiss her worries away.

 

She dropped the magazine leaning back into me. I pulled back, and picked it up for her.

 

“I’ll b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter