Problems Come Knocking

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Wait here,” I told her leaving the room.

 

I walked to the door and the banging got louder. I looked through the peep hole and saw Henry with his hands on the door. I quickly opened it.

 

“Henry?” I said as he pushed passed me and walked in.

“I need to talk to you,” he said a little slurred. 

“Hey,” I said turning him to look at me. “Have you been drinking?”

“Is that a crime? It’s not like I drove. I just walked down the hall. And I’m not drunk,” he said pushing my hand off.

“Well you don’t really drink.”

“Did you just wake up?” he asked taking in my appearance.

“Not really. I’ve just been here since I woke up,” I said avoiding the truth.

“I’m sorry for just coming over, but I’m going crazy. I know you know what happened. I didn’t doubt that she would tell Krystal and then it would get to you.”

“They’re best friends man. What did you expect?”

“I know, I know. But you’re mine. That is what makes this so messy. You know I didn’t want to hurt anybody. But things between us had changed. It wasn’t carefree anymore. Ever since she found out about your engagement she’s been looking at me different. She wants me to propose I know it. I can see it in her eyes. She wants the ring, the wedding, a house, and kids. I’m not ready for that. I’m not ready. But she wouldn’t stop talking about how happy you two were. What can I do? I can’t give her what she wants. And if we stay together I know that I’m making her unhappy. Where does that leave me? I had no choice. She didn’t give me a way out,” he rambled pacing around my kitchen. 

“How do you know that for sure? Did you ask her directly if she wanted you to propose?”

“I didn’t have to! I’m not stupid,” he yelled as I flinched.

“Henry maybe you need to sleep this off. You aren’t thinking clearly,” I said carefully.

“I didn’t want to hurt her. I didn’t know what else to do,” he repeated sadly.

“I’m sure you didn’t. But she is hurting right now. I think you could’ve handled it better.”

“Sure, this coming from the person in the perfect relationship,” he said quickly.

“I think you should go back to your apartment before you say something you are going to regret,” I said coming closer to him.

“What we can’t talk? I need advice from the expert because I clearly have no idea what I’m doing,” he said raising his voice.

“Stop fighting,” Krystal said coming out of my room causing us to look at her.

“Oh she’s here. I should’ve known. From the looks of what you are wearing I clearly interrupted something,” he said looking at her.

“Shut up,” I said pushing him.

“Don’t push me! You’re the one that’s got it made. She’s even sleeping over now isn’t she?” he asked shoving back.

“Don’t do this. You two are best friends,” Krystal urged getting in between us.

“Stay out of this,” Henry said pushing her aside.

“Dammit Henry!” I yelled grabbing him and pushing him back against the wall. “Don’t you dare touch her!”

“Stop! Please!” Krystal begged from behind me.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to,” he said suddenly realizing what he did.

“You’re drunk. You need to leave and go sober up. Leave now,” I told him leading him to the door and pushing him out.

“Krys...I really didn’t mean....” he said softly to her from the hallway as I shut the door on him.

 

I hit the door repeatedly out of frustration.

 

“Amber stop,” Krystal said from behind me.

“This is so messed up,” I said beginning to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter