Musical Talents and Preparations

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

A little while later

 

 

“Woah what is this about?” I asked as she ran into my arms as soon as the front door closed behind Henry and Lauren.

“I just need to hug you,” she mumbled holding me tight.

“Did something happen with Lauren while I was gone?”

“She’s having some trouble with Henry, and I just feel so lucky to have you.”

“Henry and I discussed that some. Don’t worry I set him straight.”

“I’ve just never had any of that trouble with you, and I forget that so many couples do. You are too perfect. You always think about me first,” she said looking up at me.

“I feel that it has to be that way. In a relationship you have to put the other one first or you will be selfish. It has to be that way for it to work. And you are just as perfect you know. We’re lucky,” I said running my hands up and down her back.

“So lucky. You know Lauren said something else that I hadn’t thought about in a while.”

“What was it?” I asked.

“She was talking about how she loves when Henry plays the piano or guitar for her, and I was thinking that it’s-”

“I haven’t played for you in a while?”

“Well yeah. I miss it,” she said smiling.

“All you had to do was ask. I might be a little rusty though, so don’t judge,” I said moving away to get my guitar in the other room.

“What’s to judge? You are really good,” she said sitting down next to me on the new couch.

“Hmm...what to play?” I asked strumming. “Krystal, the most beautiful girl in the world,” I sang softly.

“Stop it,” she said touching my shoulder briefly.

I continued to strum a beat, and began singing,“I only sing the truth. She is brighter than all the rest, the love of my life. When she looks at me I feel weak in the knees. Her long brown hair is soft to the touch. But I like it best when it brushes against my face as we kiss.”

“You really just made that up?” she asked impressed.

“Yep but it’s not like I don’t think those things all the time.”

“You’re not playing fair. You know I have to go home soon, and you are making it impossible to leave,” she said leaning in.

“It was your idea. I mean I don’t want you to leave either. I never want that.”

“You just look so freakin’ irresistible,” she sighed leaning back into the couch.

“What was that?” I questioned moving closer.

“It’s not a secret. It’s hard enough to normally keep my hands off of you, but when you have a guitar....it’s really hard....” she admitted looking me over.

“Who’s stopping you?” I asked softly.

 

She came at me in a flash. As soon as I finished my sentence her lips were on mine. Just when I was trying to move my guitar out of the way she pulled back.

 

“I really have to go. I can’t be late again,” she said quickly standing up.

“Wait what?” I asked confused.

“I’m sorry you know that I would love to stay but I promised my parents I would be home at eleven. We don’t want to get on there bad side do we?”

“No but Krys-”

“We are telling them about the engagement in two days,” she said.

“I know. But you really are just going to leave so quick?” 

“If I stay any longer I know what’s going to happen and I won’t end up leaving for two hours. Don’t be disappointed. I’ll make it up to you, I promise,” she said leaning down to give me a peck.

 

I just stared after her as she quickly left through the door. A few seconds later she suddenly came back in.

 

“I just realized you drove so...” she trailed off embarrassed. 

“Right,” I said standing up and putting down my guitar.

“Sorry.”

“No don’t be. Let’s go,” I said taking her hand.

 

 

Two days later

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“Am I’m here,” I said walking into her apartment.

 

She had given me a copy of her key so I didn’t have to wait for her to get the door.

 

“Where are you?” I asked looking around.

“In here,” she called from the bedroom.

“Hey,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter