Friends and Conversations

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“So...” Lauren encouraged. “Anything more you want to tell me?”

“I mean...I’ve told you most of it.”

“Why are you blushing?”

“It was just a perfect night in every way,” I said shyly.

“Night? Does that mean...” she trailed off.

“Ugh you are going to make me say it aren’t you? I told you that the restaurant was at a hotel and we spent the night in one of the rooms,” I said.

“And?”

“Lauren, I’m embarrassed enough talking about it, don’t tease me.”

“Sorry. You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to. Really,” she insisted placing a hand on my arm.

“You would be the only one I would feel comfortable talking to about this. She had just proposed and it was so emotional. One thing led to another and we took that final step. We....we made love...and it was more perfect than I could’ve imagined.”

“Made love,” she repeated softly.

“Stop,” I said nudging her. “That’s what it was, as cheesy as it may sound.”

“It’s not cheesy, it’s sweet.”

“Why am I blushing so much?” I asked fanning myself. 

“It’s an intimate thing. It’s not easy to share with other people. But it sounds like you were worried for nothing. That everything went well?”

“It did. I mean surprisingly she....ugh she would kill me if she knew I was about to tell you this,” I said pausing.

“And you don’t think she isn’t talking to Henry about the same thing right now?”

“You think so?” I asked shocked.

“Do those two keep any secrets from each other? None that I know of. I think that there has to be someone that you can confide in and go to for advice other than your significant other. I think that’s a normal and healthy thing.”

“It is nice to get another perspective.”

“Do you think she wouldn’t want you to talk about it with me?”

“Well I guess she wouldn’t mind. I mean she has never put restrictions on what I can share with you before. But this is really personal. On the other hand she trusts my judgment,” I said.

“If you are this conflicted about it-”

“No I think she would be fine with it.”

“Ok.”

“So I mean I was actually surprised that it went as well as it did. For a first time. You always hear about those horror stories of it being terrible you know,” I told her.

“I don’t think those stories relate to you two.”

“Why not?”

“Do you think that she would ever settle for making you feel less than completely comfortable with everything that happens between you? This is Am we are talking about. Those kind of stories are about people that usually don’t love each other as much as you two do,” she said.

“Your right she wanted it to be so perfect that she was upset that there were some awkward moments. But it was our first time, she was getting upset over nothing.”

“People can be very prideful when it comes to this. They want to seem like they know what they are doing even if they don’t.”

“After all the worrying she was actually more nervous than me. I was so used to her being the one reassuring me that it was strange for it to be the other way around,” I said fiddling with my hands.

“Well it sounds like you handled it well. I think the most important thing is that you feel like you are able to talk about it with her, like everything else in your relationship. That is the most important thing. To communicate with each other, even if it maybe embarrassing.”

“Getting her to talk about her feelings isn’t easy. I used to have to drag it out of her. It’s gotten so much better but I’ve had to work at it. I feel like she thinks it a burden on me to have to listen to her problems. But yet she is willing to listen to whatever I have to say. I can’t understand it sometimes,” I said sighing.

“Henry’s even worse. I think it goes back to the pride thing again. Both of them like being strong, and feel like they can protect us. That doesn’t mix well with being open about your feelings. To them it might seem weak. Speaking of Henry, since you’ve shared all this with me, I want to be honest with you. Two days ago me and him were at his apartment, and what was a typical make out session turned into more.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah it was intense. Clothes were taken off and I thought that it was going to happen. But I quickly realized that I was about to lose my ity on a living room couch and I stopped it. The hated the idea of it. And your story proves why. You had the ultimate romantic and thoughtful first time. On the night she asked you to marry her and in a fancy hotel room.”

 

Well bathroom to be more specific. But she doesn’t need to know that. She paused and started again.

 

“That’s what I want. I want romance. Not because we couldn’t wait any longer and oh we are conveniently on a couch. Am I asking for too much? To want to it be planned and special? Because it really is only something that happens once,” she finished.

“Of course you aren’t. You should never settle or lower your standards. You should be a hundred percent sure that the guy who you experience your first time with treats you with the utmost respect and puts you and your feelings first,” I said looking at her.

“Someone like Amber you mean,” she said smirking.

“I didn’t say that. But she is a pretty good example. I mean I told you about how I came onto her for all the wrong reasons when I was upset about the airport. She could’ve let it happen and that would’ve made it wrong. And there were times when I know she didn’t want to stop, but she knew I wasn’t ready and that mattered more to her than her hormones. Our first time happened when it was supposed to. It came very natural, and I was so glad that we waited because of that. Now do I think Henry should do that for you, absolutely. Am I saying he has to be exactly like her, no that’s not what mean. I guess what I’m saying is you have to really evaluate your relationship with him. Do you want the first person you sleep with be your future husband or does that not matter?”

“Isn’t it everyone’s secret hope that that’s the case. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter