The Start of Forever

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Well that was quite a story. You guys have really been through a lot with each other,” my father said after I finished talking.

“She has been the best part of my life since I got to Korea. I know I wouldn’t have made it there without her,” I said holding Krystal’s hand.

“I’m really happy for you Am. I’m glad that you’ve had each other.”

“Dad I know that you are going to talk to mom, but she has to understand that Krystal’s not going anywhere. I intend to be with her for a very long time,” I said seriously.

“I’m starting to understand that. I will do everything I can to show her how genuine your love is for each other. I’ll do my best ok? But you should know that your mother loves you very much, she just doesn’t understand that you aren’t doing anything wrong,” my dad said in a heartfelt tone.

“Thanks dad.”

 

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

 

“Who’s that?” Krystal asked.

“I think it’s Jackie. She said that she was going to have someone drop her off after she talked to your mother. I’ll get it,” my dad said getting up and going to the door.

“How are you doing?” Krys asked looking at me.

“A lot better. It’s nice to be able to talk to my dad about you. He really does like you, I can tell. But who wouldn’t,” I sighed gazing back at her.

“You’re sweet,” she said giving me a short peck on the lips.

“Amber! Krys! Are you guys alright?” Jackie said rushing into the room with my dad following her.

“We’re doing better,” I said standing up to pull her into a bone crushing hug.

“I’m so sorry that this happened to you,” Jackie said getting emotional.

“Thanks for being here,” I whispered to her.

“She’s gonna come around, I know it. Just give her some time,” she whispered back. “I love you so much. Are you really ok?” she asked pulling back and putting a hand on the side of my face.

“It wasn’t pretty the first few hours but talking to Krys helped. And then dad got here,” I told her.

“Krys come here,” Jackie said letting go of me with one hand then offering it to her so she could stand up next to us. “Everything is going to be better. I promise,” she continued wrapping an arm around each of us.

 

All of us exchanged several more kind words over the next half hour. We soon found ourselves split up. Krystal was talking in the fresh air with Jackie on the balcony, and I was sitting with my dad on the couch.

 

“Dad can I be really honest with you about something?” I asked seriously.

“Isn’t that what we have been doing all day? Being honest with one another. Of course you can tell me anything.”

“I know I told you that I plan to be with Krystal for a long time but....dad....I think...no I’m sure that I’m ready to...propose,” I said carefully waiting for his reaction.

“Oh, wow. That is a very big step. You have been together for three years now it shouldn’t really be a big shock. But I did only find out about it today. Well Am I can tell that you are really serious about this, and you have thought about it for a long time. And I obviously can’t tell you what to do, but you might want to consider waiting until your mother is in a better place. Does Krystal’s family know about you guys?” he asked curious.

“Her sister does, but not her parents. But I hope to tell them before I propose. I’ve given it more thought than you could imagine. Since we are leaving tomorrow I wanted to tell you. I don’t know when the next time we will be back is. But I’ve decided that I want to ask her on Christmas Eve. And before you worry too much. I plan for this to be a really long engagement. So you don’t have to worry about a wedding for a few years maybe. But I want to do this for her soon. We have been through so much together, and I owe it to her to give her this security. I want her to know that I’m not going anywhere, not ever.”

“I guess you really aren’t a kid anymore, are you,” he said in astonishment. “Do you not want me to call you kiddo anymore?” he asked ruffling my hair.

“I’ll always be your kid,” I said in a heavy tone.

“Well I will respect whatever you want to do. I’m glad that I won’t have to worry about a wedding for a while. I’m not ready for that madness yet. So if you are really going to do this I have one question for you.”

“What?”

“Do you have a ring?” he asked raising his eyebrows.

“Well I’m still trying to figure that out. I have some money saved up from the company, but it’s not enough to get her the ring I want. I was hoping to maybe pick up a night job or ask for an advance from the company. I know that Jackie wants grandma’s ring for her, so that’s kind of where I am,” I explained.

“A second job? Am you barely get enough sleep as it is. I’ll tell you what we are going to do. You give me what you have saved up, and I’ll make up the difference,” he said.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief. “Dad I can’t take your money. I wish I could pay for it myself,” I said hanging my head.

“You have worked so hard to save what you have. You can think of it as a loan. Pay me back when you can, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter