Waking Up

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

Where am I? White sheets, warm bed, sun in my eyes, diamond ring. Wait! My engagement ring. Mrs. Liu. And there is another very sleepy Liu in the bed with me. After shifting around in our sleep, she had turned over onto her stomach and was clutching her pillow. Her hair tussled and in disarray, freed from its gel hold during the night. This was my fiancée. This was my life. My perfect life. Someday I’ll wake up to her everyday like this. In just a wife-beater and boxers she never looked ier. Suddenly I saw my phone flash and then vibrate on the bed side table. I picked it up quick not wanting to wake her. She didn’t even move, she sleeps like a rock and I love it. I scanned my phone and found a text from Victoria that read: I don’t know where you two are. And I didn’t know that you would be out all night but you have to meet us at the arena in two hours, no excuses. We have to be professional. Let me know that you got this when you read it. Oh we have another concert today, I almost forgot we had to work today. Why? On Christmas day. Why did they plan it like this. It’s not fair, I deserve to spend the day in bed with her. After all that she has done for me, I have to give her something in return. We have two hours, hmm...what can I do. We have to eat something right? I can order us room service. It will be great. She can wake up to a wonderful meal. I quickly sent a response back to Vic before going to my camera app. I couldn’t resist taking a picture of her sleeping like this. I snapped a photo, and then leaned down to kiss her shoulder lovingly. She just buried herself further into the pillow. Food, I need to order that. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. The tub...my mind flooded with memories from last night. Her touch, her voice, her everything. She was so cautious and gentle. It wasn’t rushed or lustful. We were both equally shy but eager. Walking over to the mirror I looked myself over. Do I look different? I feel different. I looked rather rested for not getting much sleep. I checked my neck for any unexpected hickeys, but found none. Pulling my robe down a little I did find one on my collar bone. She knows that’s my weak spot. I ran my hand across it and smiled to myself. I love her so much. I’ll never look at a bathtub the same way again, that’s for sure. Breakfast popped back into my head and I picked up the hotel phone that was in the wall. I never really understood why they put phones in the bathroom, but I’m grateful this time. it rang only once.

 

“Hello food services, how may I help you?” the male voice asked.

“Yes hello I’d like to order some breakfast to be sent to the room.”

“Certainly Miss. What would you like?” he asked.

“Two orange juices. A spinach omelette. Greek yogurt and a bowl of fruit. Also some decaf coffee,” I said.

“Of course that all should be ready and brought up to the room in about 25 minutes.”

“Thank you. I was also wondering if you could just knock on the door and leave it outside?” I asked.

“We can arrange that Miss,” he told me.

“Should I give you my credit card?”

“That won’t be needed Miss. There is already a card on file with the room. I hope you have a wonderful morning. The food will be there soon.”

“Thanks again,” I said hanging up.

 

What should I do until it gets here? Pacing around the bathroom I stepped on something soft. It’s her shirt from last night. I picked it up, and looked at the other scattered clothes that had been discarded. I smelled it and chuckled at the strong cologne. She was so nervous, and I can’t blame her. She planned all of this, and kept it a secret from me. It wasn’t easy for her to hide things from me. I can always tell when she is lying. But I had no idea any of this was happening. Did I think it would happen eventually? Yes. But yesterday? Never in a million years. I’m capable of surprising her too. I think when she wakes up she will be quite surprised.

 

Half an hour later

 

“Wake up. Am,” I whispered touching her hair and the side of her face.

 

She turned over onto her back and began to stretch her arms. I just watched as she tried to wake herself up. I was sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

“Five more minutes,” she groaned.

“Sorry, but breakfast is here.”

“Breakfast?” she questioned sitting up quickly. “Where?” she asked looking around for it.

“Food always does the trick, doesn’t it?” I questioned.

“Well yeah that, and...” she said finally looking at me. “Wow,” she said dropping open.

“What?” I asked shyly at her stare tucking my hair behind my ear.

“I’m still asleep I know it. This is like one of my fantasies,” she said.

“Nope you’re awake. Remember the ring,” I said holding up my hand. 

“But you’re wearing my shirt. Only my shirt,” she said before bitting her lip, blatantly checking me out.

“You like it?”

 

She nodded.

 

“More than breakfast?” I asked moving closer.

“That’s not even a question,” she said softly before kissing me.

 

When she pulled back she couldn’t help but sneak a peak and look down.

 

“Oh,” she said falling back down on the bed. “You’re not wearing anything underneath it either,” she said bringing her hands up to cover her face. 

I touched her leg and laughed at her reaction. 

 

“Krys, I love it, I really really do. But if you want to leave this room anytime soon you are going to have to put on some underwear at least,” she told me. “I brought clothes for each of us. There’s a bag in the closet,” she said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter