Relief

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amber’s Pov

 

I tried my best to not listen to their conversation that was going on in my room. But when I heard crying I had to go in. I quickly opened the door and walked in. 

 

“Krys I heard crying. What happened?” I asked kneeling in front of them.

“It’s ok. It’s not what you think,” she insisted.

“But you’re crying,” I said wiping the tears off her face.

“It’s ok. Your mom loves you,” she said glancing at my mother next to her.

 

For the first time I really looked at my mom instead of her. She was also crying. What happened?

“Mom? What’s…what did you talk about?” I asked worried.

“You. How we both care very deeply about you,” she answered. 

“I don’t understand.”

 

Krystal reached for my hand, and placed it on top of my mother’s.

 

“This can work. We can all be happy,” she whispered giving my hand a squeeze before leaving it on top of my mom’s.

“Amber it’s me who didn’t understand,” my mom said standing up while bringing me with her.

“Mom are you saying…” I trailed off getting emotional.

“I’m saying that I love you. And nothing could ever change that. I won’t accept not having you in my life. Krystal is a very special person,” she told me.

“You really mean that?”

“Yes, she cares deeply for you. I see that now.”

“I love her so much,” I said sadly. “I wish you could see that as a good thing.”

“I’m learning sweetheart. I haven’t spent much time with her until today. But she has helped me see what I know you see in her. Just give me some more time to see you together. I don’t want you to be sad anymore,” she said pulling me into a hug.

“I love you mom. I’ll I want is for you to love me back unconditionally,” I cried into her shoulder.

“I do. I promise you I do.”

 

We hugged for the next few minutes. Until she finally pulled away.

 

“I’m going to go and make myself presentable in the hallway bathroom. I think you two should do the same,” she suggested kissing my cheek before leaving the room.

 

“Babe come to the bathroom,” Krystal said pulling me to the bathroom.

“I don’t believe it,” I muttered as I felt her put a wet washcloth on the back of my neck.

“She’s going to be ok with us.”

“What did you say to her. What could’ve made her changed her mind?” I asked before she wiped the rest of my face.

“I just told her a few of the things you done for me. I showed her how much l love you. You don’t have to be in turmoil about this any longer. She finally gets it,” she said putting down the wash cloth, and hugging me.

 

I began to cry again, and she held me.

 

“Let it out. Just let go of all the frustration,” she encouraged rubbing my back.

 

Half an hour later

 

“So, here we all are,” I mused as we sat in an uncomfortable silence in my living room.

 

I was sitting on the couch next to Krystal with my dad on the other side of her, my mom in the chair, and Krystal’s parents on the other couch.

 

“I know that this has been an emotional day for everyone, but does anyone have something to say?” Krystal asked.

“Have you set a date yet?” my dad joked.

“Dad,” I warned. 

“It seemed like a logical question.”

“Well just so everyone is clear. We haven’t, and we won’t for a while. It may be two or three years away,” Krystal assured.

“Good. Just long enough to plan it,” Mrs. Jung laughed.

“With your help of course mom,” Krystal smiled.

“How did you propose?” my mom asked me suddenly.

“Uh, I. You really want to know?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yes, Krystal showed me the ring, but she didn’t say how.”

“Well, I…I planned a long time in advance…you know I really can’t tell it as good as she can,” I admitted. “Krys can you-“

“Of course. I’ve told it a few times now, but it will always be one of my favorite stories,” she said excited. “It was Christmas eve, and I had no idea that I was about to get the best gift of my life. She surprised me with a beautiful meal in a private dinning room at a very nice hotel. The room was covered in red roses, my favorites. By the end of the meal I thought that it was the best gift she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter