Henry

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Next Day

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“Hey Henry, I got a favor to ask,” I said to him through the phone.

“Sure Am whatever you need. What’s going on?”

“I don’t know if you have heard about it in the news or online, but Krystal kind of had an encounter with a fan at the airport the other day.”

“I know, I just didn’t want to bring it up if you didn’t want to talk about it. How is she doing?” he asked.

“Um she’s ok. She would never admit it to anyone but me, but the whole experience really scared her. That’s why I’m calling. You know that we are all going to Kcon next week, and it will be the first time she is going to be at the airport again. I just want to get her feeling as good as possible before we go, so that she doesn’t freak out when we have to travel again. I thought that maybe we could hang out with you and Lauren tonight if you guys didn’t have plans. I know that Krystal has missed seeing Lauren since we started promoting the new album, and she would love to see her.”

“Yeah that sounds like a great idea! Lauren and I were just planning to cook dinner at my place tonight. We would love it if you guys joined us, and made it a double date.”

“Oh I can’t say thank you enough man, she is going to be so excited,” I said enthusiastically.

“No need to thank me, Lauren is going to be over the moon when I tell her. She really considers Krys to be one of her closest friends in Korea.”

“I’m really glad that they have become such good friends.”

“Me too, it really makes are lives much easier. Imagine if our girlfriends hated each other.”

“I don’t even wanna think about it. Let’s just count our blessings that they don’t.”

“Ok I’m just teasing. Why don’t you guys come over here around seven, we should have dinner almost finished by then.”

“Sounds great. Thanks again,” I said.

“Alright see you then. Bye,” he said.

“Bye.”

 

I knew that Henry was my best guy friend for a reason. We have been friends ever since trainee days. The english connection we have made my life a lot easier when I was still learning Korean. He is also just a really genuinely amazing and talented person. He helped me get better at playing the guitar and taught me how to write and compose a song. But the thing that really cemented our friendship was the day I confided in him about liking Krystal. After I told Jackie I didn’t know if I would be able to trust anyone else enough to tell them, but Henry surprised me. 

 

Flashback

 

“Is something bothering you Am?” Henry asked me as we were sitting in his room playing our guitars.

“Uh...”

“You have been spacing out a lot lately.”

It has been three days since I told Jackie about having feelings for Krystal. To say that I haven’t been myself would be an understatement. But I can’t help but feel depressed about liking someone that can never like me back.

“Am, I’m your friend. Whatever is making you upset you can talk to me about,” he said putting a hand on my shoulder. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter