Future In-Laws

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“This really is wonderful Mrs. Jung,” I said for the third time while enjoying my food.

“Thank you, but you don’t have to keep saying it. Just eat. I feel like they don’t feed you properly at the company. It warms my heart to see you two eat a real meal. I see my daughter practically wasting away, and it worries me,” she admitted gesturing to Krystal.

“I feel the same way you do. That’s why I make sure to buy her meals and extra food when I can. I would do anything to make sure she was taken care of,” I said with conviction. 

“And I’m very grateful that you do that. I know how much you care and it makes me worry less. You treat her so well...I can’t tell you how much that means to me,” Mrs. Jung said becoming serious.

“She is always there for me,” Krystal said suddenly. “Anything I could ever need she provides for me. And I do my best to do the same for her. We take care of each other, and it’s an amazing thing. Mom I know how much you want what is best for me. All my life you and dad have protected me and provided for me, but now that I’m older I’ve taken on some of that responsibly. But so has Amber. She’s always been there for me, whatever I needed ever since we met. Becoming a couple only made that increase more,” she paused glancing at me. “I love her so much. I know that you haven’t known about us for very long, but she’s perfect for me. I know that for sure. There is no one else that would be better for me. She makes me a better person. I think about how lucky I am to have found her all the time,” she said holding my hand. 

“Krys...” I whispered amazed.

“And because I know all of that I’m so happy. I know that I am in a great relationship, and that it never has to end. I know this may seem like a surprise but we have something important to tell you. You all are my family and I love every one of you. But our family has gotten a little bit bigger. On Christmas Eve we....well we...got engaged,” she said carefully.

“Oh my goodness,” Mrs. Jung said surprised holding her hands to her face.

“Engaged? I don’t believe this,” Jessica said angry standing up and storming out of the room.

“Jess!” Krystal called after her.

“I think she just needs time to process,” Mr. Jung encouraged. “But as you know I’m very happy for you two.”

“You knew?!” Mrs. Jung asked shocked.

“Yes sweetheart Amber was kind enough to ask for my permission before she proposed,” he explained.

“You asked his permission?” she asked looking at me.

“Yes ma’am, I felt it was the right thing to do. Both of you mean a lot to me because of how important you are to Soojung. I want you to trust me,” I explained.

“Engaged? My baby is engaged?” Mrs. Jung mused.

“Please don’t be mad mom. I know this seems quick, but we’ve been together for years, and are completely committed to each other. I wouldn’t want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else. And it’s going to be a long engagement, you don’t have to worry about that. And if you are worried about what the extended family will think I know that it will work out. It has to, I-”

“Honey take a breath,” her mom interrupted.

“Mom are you ok with this?” Krystal asked desperate.

“I’m completely floored, but the way you walk about each other is beautiful. I wish it wasn’t such a shock. That I could’ve known about your relationship sooner, but I understand why you kept it a secret. Above any hesitations or concerns I may have, you radiate happiness. Anyone could see that between you two.”

“So you approve?” Krystal asked.

“Show her the ring,” Mr. Jung cut in.

“Oh, I have it,” I said fishing it out of my pocket and taking it out of the ring box.

 

I held it up towards her mom before slipping it onto Krystal’s finger.

 

 

“This is really happening,” her mom said staring at the ring. 

“Please be happy for us mom. I’m so happy. The happiest I’ve ever been because of Am,” Krystal pleaded. 

“My little girl is all grown up. I can’t believe it,” she said standing up and walking around the side of the table to us. “Come here,” she said pulling Krystal into a hug as she started to cry.

“Mom I love you so much. Please tell me that you approve of this.”

“How could I not? Look at this gorgeous ring,” she joked.

“It’s pretty perfect, but she’s more perfect,” Krys said turning to look at me.

“Amber you are so thoughtful. A real gentleman for asking my husband

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter