No Chance?

Two Moons And The Mermaids

Dinner came and it was Jiwon who prepared for them. She may not be the best cook in the world but her mother’s talent ran through her veins.

“Uwaaaa~ You made all of these!” Xiumin gawked, staring at a full table.

“Yeah… I hope you’ll like it!” her lips curled up.

“Of course we will!” Lay patted her back. “Thanks Jiwonnie!”

“You’re welcome!” she said and clapped her hand. “Dig in!”

Chanyeol slurped , stabbing a meat with his metal chopsticks.

“YAH!!!” Xiumin slapped his hand. “Draco and Kirsten first!”

Jiwon chuckled and took enough portions for them. “Here’s for our little dragon… and for our princess. Eat well!”

And so the meal started. Since it was a whole new taste and experience, the dishes were practically swept clean. Chen and Baekhyun were in their own little world, devouring every piece they can see. Chanyeol kept stealing from Lay’s plate while DO watched Jiwon feed Kirsten in front of him.

“Aren’t you gonna eat?” he asked.

“Maybe later… TenTen is still having trouble with the chopsticks.” she said.

DO continued eating, slowly chewing while keeping a stare to her. At that point, there’s no chance of Jiwon having dinner. For one, the plates have gone dry. Second, she has her full attention to the little girl.

A perfectly cooked meat suddenly appeared on her lips. “Hey, you should eat…” DO gestured.

“Oh!” she took it without hesitating. “Komawo~” she mumbled.

A spoonful of rice followed, and she once again ate it.

Chanyeol paused, raising an eyebrow. “Why hello there third base!”

“Speaking of base…” Chen muttered. “Where’s strike out boy?”

“Ouch!” Baekhyun snickered.

Lay smacked his head and glared at them. “Can we leave Sehun out of this and eat instead?”

They continued, leaving Jiwon and DO to themselves.

----------

When bedtime came, Jiwon indeed managed to hide the horrible storybooks and it was DO who sat in the middle of the bed, narrating for the kids.

Jiwon sat on the foot of the bed, also listening.

“Once upon a time, a brother and his sister fought with a wicked witch who lived in a house made of candy…”

“Uwaaa~ I also want our house to turn into candy!” Draco mused.

“Oppa! Mooncake!” Kirsten suggested.

“Oh right!” he agreed. “Uncle DO? Can you make it to mooncakes instead?”

“Sure!” DO started all over again. “Ehe-Ehem! Once upon a time, a brother and his sister fought with a wicked witch who lived in a house made of mooncake… Strawberry mooncake!”

“Weeeee!” both kids giggled.

“They are known as Hans…”

“Draco and TenTen!” the boy yelled.

DO chuckled. “Right… Draco and TenTen!”

Jiwon shook her head, laughing. ‘Now I know why Chen got demoted!’

Kirsten suddenly sat up. “Auntie Wonnie? Ace?”

“It’s okay! Just lay down beside Uncle DO. I’ll go get it.”

Jiwon left with the fluffy alpaca in mind. It was last seen in the living room so she went down, scouring through the couches. ‘Come out come out wherever you are…’ she crawled, ducked, and scanned the area. ‘There you are!’ “Yes!”

She grabbed the toy and walked back towards the stairs when loud knocks came on the door. ‘They’re home already? That’s weird…’ she opened it and felt like catching a boulder. “Se-Sehun? H-Hey!” she struggled keeping him up. “You’re heavy! What happened?”

“Ji-Jiwon~ Im Jiwon…” he slurred.

Sehun reeked in alcohol that her nose scrunched from the stench. “Are you drunk?”

His head dropped on her shoulder, rolling from side to side. “Aannniiiiii~” he hiccupped.

“Aish!” she placed an arm around his waist and holding the other which was around her shoulder. “You gotta help me! You’re too heavy!”

“I’ll help you…if you help me…” he laughed while she dragged him to the living room.

Jiwon dropped him on the couch. “What???”

Sehun’s arm and leg dangled to the floor, his hand slightly pounding his chest. “H-help me with this…” his eyes were completely shut, mumbling incoherent words. “It f-ing hurts… No one cares for me… No one loves me…”

Jiwon’s temper rose seeing him at that state. “You’re such an idiot, don’t you know that? Do you think getting wasted can help you?”

“Tch! At least…” he choked. “I can’t feel anything! Aahhhhh~ I’m flying~” he grinned.

“There’s no point getting mad at you anymore! Urgh!” she stomped out of the room.

Sehun’s eyes opened as if the littlest amount of sanity came back just like his normal self. ‘I thought you like me? You stalked me for that, remember? How come you easily forgot?’

He placed an arm over his throbbing forehead, closing his eyes once again.

A damp towel suddenly smoothed on his face.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Do you really think I’ll leave you here?” Jiwon kneeled on the floor, wiping his sweat off. “I have a heart that cares, a heart that loves…”

Sehun grabbed her wrist, then opening his eyes to her. “Is it still for me? Or for someone else?”

Jiwon felt a knife sticking in her heart. It was painful through and through, leaving her clueless.

“I’m sorry to all those times that I yelled at you. I hated how you confused me, how a silly girl fall for me, how can someone be so stupid to follow me, how an earth girl like a guy from another planet…” he lowered her hand, then touching her face. “Sorry Jiwon… I didn’t know how to handle my feelings. I turned out hurting you instead. I’m so sorry…”

“It’s okay… It’s all in the past now.” she continued wiping his face. His now blonde hair perfectly matched his milky skin. She can't take her eyes off those long lashes, well contoured nose, sharp jawline, and watery lips. 'You never changed, Sehun. You've always been the most handsome in Exo for me and the bad boy of my life...'

“Do you like DO?” he asked without warning.

Jiwon froze.

“I’ll take that as a yes…” he chuckled. “Do you like me? Still?”

She bit her lip, her eyes looking downwards.

“I’ll take that as a no…”

“A-Ani…” she spoke.

“Ssshhh…” Sehun pressed a finger on her lips. “It’s okay. I understand…

---------

You finally came home to a house that was eerily quiet. Luhan opened the door and Kris the lights.

“Woah…” Yongguk spoke as he was the first to walk in.

“Wae?” you wondered.

There you saw Jiwon sitting on the floor and sleeping, resting her head on the couch, holding Sehun’s hand. “Okaayyy…”

After checking the rooms in a blink, Suho came back down. “DO's asleep with the kids.”

Kris gave a quick check on Sehun and stood beside you. “Babe, your brother is drunk.”

“Aigooo Sehun…” you sighed.