Man Behind The Counter

Two Moons And The Mermaids

The maknaes arrive at the bakeshop and took their usual spots in the corner. Jongup came to them and dropped on one of the chairs.

“Hyung… Gwenchana?” Zelo asked.

“Just tired…” he sighed. “How’s school?”

“Tiring…” Kai sighed.

Shin also came after seeing how beaten they were. “What’s up with all of you?” he was ignored and only got a few deep breaths as a response. “Aigoooo~ Want me to sing? I can remove all your stress away…”

“ANDWAE!!!” they snapped.

“I’d rather kill myself from hard labor than let my ears bleed!” Jongup immediately left for an escape.

“Mworago? Yah!” he got nothing so he turned to the maknaes. “Did you know that I’m better than Daehyun and DO combined!”

Their jaws dropped in disbelief.

Seri cowered behind Tao to make faces of disgust and kept a low voice. “Better my ! He make nails scratching against a blackboard sound so good! Kekeke!” the boys snorted with her.

Daehyun came and placed a hand on Shin’s shoulder. “Hyung… Just stick to being an entrepreneur. Leave the singing part to me and DO even if you’re forcing us against our will… Sehee will kill all of us if the bakeshop shuts down coz the customers don’t wanna come back.” they snickered.

“Ha! Ha! Very funny!” Shin shoved his hand and walked out.

During all those time, Kris was busy behind the display case. He was clearly doing a great job in selling pastries with his natural charm. “Hi! Can I take your order?”

The girl was like a fly caught in a spider’s web that was completely helpless under his spell. “Uhmmm… Can I have…” she her upper lip. “…one h-hot namja…” she stammered. “...for takeout? You, perhaps?”

Kris’ lips curled into a smile despite his irresistible face. “Sorry…” he raised the back of his left hand where a silver band glimmered on his ring finger. "Someone already did…"

It was the same ring that Suho, Luhan, and Yongguk wore as a symbol of unconditional devotion to you.

“I don’t mind at all…” says the bewitched girl. “Married guys are my type! They’re just too sinful to resist… Rooaarrrr~”

He crossed both arms on top of the glass case and placed his chin on it. “Sorry dear… If your name is Hwang Sehee and a mother to a little girl who exactly looks like me, then by all means…take me out! I’d be the most sinful treat you’ll ever have!” his face turned evil.

The girl finally gave up. “Fine!” she eyerolled. “I’ll have 2 boxes of strawberry mooncakes! Pft!”

Kris left her with a dropping wink and came back with her order. “Here you go, miss… Hope you like my cake…”

“Ooohhhh… You bet I'll like it!” she smirked. ‘He’s funny, charming, very attractive… and a complete flirt! His wife is so lucky!’ she handed him some crisp bills and took the boxes. “Keep the change…” she read his nameplate. “Krriiisssss~”

He saluted her with that one in a million smile. “Enjoy your pastries and don’t forget to drop by!”

“Oh I will!” she smirked.