Trust

Two Moons And The Mermaids

After almost three hours of going around, DO took over in carrying Kirsten. He was left with Baekhyun when the guys left to buy her a gift. They were inside a huge butterfly cage when she started pulling his shirt.

“Wae? Something wrong?” DO asked.

“PooPoo…” she squirmed.

“WHAT???” his eyes rounded. “Hyung!” and turned to his only ally. “We got a problem!”

“Wae?” Baekhyun’s voice deepened after sensing danger.

“We need to change TenTen’s diaper…” DO swallowed hard.

“What do you mean, we?” he took the backpack and gave it to him. “You do it!”

DO turned his back to leave. “You’re helping me whether you like it not or I’m gonna tell Kris hyung that you wore his favorite Armani briefs!”

“Aish! Fine!” Baekhyun finally gave in.

Kekemato also followed them. ‘Aigooo~ Exo and their weird with briefs! So gay!’

DO and Baekhyun stopped in front of two washrooms. “Girls? Or boys?” the first one asked.

“What difference does it make? Let’s go to the boys!” the second one started to move.

“Hyung! Stop!” DO grabbed his arm. “Kirsten is a girl! She can’t get in there!”

“But we’re boys! We can’t get in there too!” he pointed.

“But I’d rather sacrifice my well being over my niece’s innocence…” DO said.

‘Awww~’ Kekemato pouted. ‘I think I love DO now…’

Baekhyun sighed and lead them into the girl’s washroom. “I don’t have anything to lose anyway. Let’s do this!"

As soon as they stepped into unfamiliar territory, every soul in that confined spaced almost left their respective bodies. Girls, ahjummas, halmeonis, females in every age were left stunned at two handsome guys freely shamelessly taking over the counter top.

After all those years of watching you, DO meticulously changed Kirsten’s soiled diaper without making her uncomfortable. She didn’t flinch, wriggle, cry, not even a single complain. Baekhyun also gave him all the supplies he needed and they moved in synergy.

A mother came in and watched them on the side in awe. “Wow! You guys are good! Whose daughter is she?” she looked at them.

“She’s our niece.” DO smiled.

“Awww~ Well both of you are doing great as uncles!” she added.

“Kamsahamnida…” Baekhyun bowed.

DO pulled her up and fixed her dress. “Aigoo~ Does our little girl feel better?” he asked.

“Neh!” she raised two thumbs.

After washing their hands and packing their stuff, Kirsten wrapped her tiny arms around DO’s neck and he carried her out.

“I’m hungry! I hope we can eat already!” Baekhyun rubbed his empty stomach.

True enough, they ended up at a restaurant after meeting up.

Kirsten sat on a high chair in between Xiumin and Chen while the rest stayed on the other side of the table. They immediately devoured two huge pizzas and three buckets of fried chicken.

“Uwaaa~ This is so good!” Chanyeol mumbled.

“I can tell!” Xiumin chuckled.

As they conversed about their trip, a boy, just a few years older than Kirsten came up to her and raised a lollipop.

“What the hell?” Chen raised an eyebrow. “Yah! What do you want?”

“I want to share my candy!” he grinned.

Although the boy was missing two front teeth, his eyes disappear every time he smiles. He also has that bowl cut which showcased his chubby cheeks.

“He’s cute!” DO mused.

“He’s a piglet!” Chanyeol scrunched his face.

During all those time, Kirsten was too busy nibbling a chicken leg with one hand and holding a fairy wand, Chanyeol gave her.

“Hey kid…” Chen stooped closer to him. “Scram! Before I feed you to the lions!”

The boy was completely struck with fear. The lollipop fell from the his hand then his eyes grew watery in tears. “Mommy…” he ran away.

Xiumin chuckled while letting Kirsten drink orange juice. ‘Poor kid!’

“Hyung! You scared the child!” DO scolded Chen who was eating with a straight face.

“Tch! I don’t want people getting the idea that my niece is an easy target.”

“Huh??? Aren’t you thinking too much? He was just trying to make friends!”

Chen smirked and faced him. “Dude! I don’t think that boy even knows the true definition of friendship! Kirsten can have all the friends she wants when she knows how to trust people. ‘Til then, I will make that decision for her!” he continued eating.

DO stopped arguing when he realized his point. When it comes to trust, Exo and BAP learned it the hard way through time and their brotherhood.

“I agree!” Chanyeol raised a chicken leg.

‘I’m not sure if that’s good or bad…’ Kekemato thought. ‘But your uncles are actually okay after all!’

‘Yeah…’ Kirsten agreed. ‘They can be lacking in some ways but I wouldn’t trade any of them for the world.’