Torn

Two Moons And The Mermaids

News spread so fast like the six o’ clock news about Yeonjae’s return. It became hot topic over dinner and it left you worrying over Sehun. There were murmurs, clanking of utensils, and Kirsten’s occasional sneeze.

“Can someone at least tell me why my brother decided not to eat?” you asked.

“We don’t know either…” Zelo shrugged.

“All we know is that Yeonjae is back and they talked for a bit.” Tao added.

“Did he tell you anything?” you added.

All of them shook their heads so you sighed and stood.

“Babe, no…” Yongguk held your wrist. “Let’s leave him alone for now.

Your shoulders dropped and eventually sat back down. “I hope he’s fine…” you murmured and then looked at Seri. “How’s Jiwon?”

“Errmmm… Okay… I guess…” she forced a smile.

On the farthest side, DO kept a straight face while eating. He can’t explain the huge hole in his chest when the image of lonely Jiwon never left his mind. ‘I wish you’d tell me how you feel! I’m not a ing mind reader! Tsk!’

“DO-ah!” you called and he flinched. “You sent her home, right? How’s she?”

He replied without sparing a glance. “Prolly okay…”

That struck a nerve. “You guys are killing me! Urgh!” you slumped against the back rest and crossed your arms.

Kris was sitting beside you so he your hair. “Chill babe… They’re gonna be fine.”

You heaved a deep sigh.

----------

While everyone else got busy cleaning up the dining room, you and Seri sat on the porch. It was a cool night with stars brightly shining in the black sky. The moon was full and as your eyes rounded at it, something popped in your mind. “Wonder where Minho is…”

“and Taemin…” your sister added.

“Yeah… I miss them you know…”

“Me too…” she sighed.

“Minho? Taemin?” a voice interrupted. Both of you looked at the yard and saw Jiwon approaching. “Who are they? Do I know them?” she questioned.

Seri looked back up with a smile on her face. “I don’t think so… They are weird friends and very dear to us. We met them last year while you were nowhere to be found…”

“Aahhh…” Jiwon stopped at the end of the steps. “Does it also explain Sehun’s first love?”

Your sister’s mood noticeably changed. She sighed and looked at her best friend. “Yeah… Miahnae Jiwonnie. I forgot to tell you about her.”

“It’s okay… ” she let out a fake smile.

“Are you okay?” you interrupted. “Like really okay?”

She paced back and forth, clearly trying to hide the jealousy in her heart. “To be honest… No… But what can I do? I’m just a pathetic-obsessive-lovestruck fool who doesn’t know when to stop! Heh!”

“Yah!” Seri scolded. “What’s with the self-pity? It won’t help you!”

The door suddenly opened followed by a pair of footsteps. Luhan squeezed in between you and placed an arm around your shoulder. “Girl talk eh?”

“Duh! Go away, oppa!” your sister pushed him.

“Shireo!” he stuck a tongue out to her. “Besides, I think you girls need a man’s point of view!” he bragged and locked your head on his armpit.

“Babe! I can’t breathe!” so he loosened and you scooted comfortably to his chest. “Don’t mind him Jiwonnie. LuLu is harmless.”

“He can only stay here in exchange for some info…” Seri bargained.

“What info?” Luhan asked her.

“Babe…” you turned his chin towards you. “Exo and BAP have sharp senses. I’m 100 percent sure that whoever was in the bakeshop earlier, heard what Sehun and Yeonjae talked about. Now tell us!”

“Kiss me first!” he wriggled his eyebrows.

Seri eyerolled. ‘Oh c’mon!’

You pecked his lips right away, twice. “There! Now tell us!”

He his lips and locked you in his arms once again. “Well… It was just a short talk. Yeonjae came back for a vacation and she didn’t tell until when. Sehun is also a little pissed about her leaving all of a sudden.”

“Are they in bad terms?” you questioned.

“Tch! Yeonjae is like Mona Lisa… Priceless and untouchable. He can let her off in a snap!” he smirked. “But he’s awkward with her… I dunno why…” he side eyed Jiwon.

“Aigooo~ Kids these days!” you hugged him from the side.

Jiwon cleared . “Ermmm… Can you guys tell me about her?”

Seri looked at you and your lips curled up in approval.

“Her name is Son Yeonjae…” your sister explained.

You and Luhan just sit and watched while Jiwon listened carefully. Every word were like darts piercing her heart. During those years, Sehun played a huge part in her life. Nobody understands the cutie in him like she does. For her, he got the most gorgeous smile and his eyes are the brightest in the world. He can be childish at times but his lame jokes made up for it.

“Are you still sure about your feelings towards my brother?” Seri asked her.

Jiwon chuckled, biting her lower lip afterwards and stared at the ground. “One night, I asked myself why don’t I forget him if he only makes me cry?” then, she looked at the three people watching her. “I thought, why would I even forget about someone who made me stronger after all those tears? He is the biggest jerk anyone could fall for.” she smiled voluntarily.

“Naahhh…” you interrupted. “I think Kris owns that title! My brother comes next…”

Seri snorted.

“You girls are lucky don’t you know that?” Jiwon mused. “Look at your husbands and boyfriends!”

“Yeah…” Seri agreed. “Unnie is the luckiest. She got the gods and the hottest in Exo and Mato! I, on the other hand, have the smexylicious and youngest princes of Forces and Warriors…” she stood and walked over, placing an arm around her friend's shoulder. “And you my dear have my brother and DO… Just add Baekhyun and you have yourself the derp squad!”

Luhan burst in laughter. “Pwahahahaha!!!

“Yah!” Jiwon elbowed her. “It’s not funny! And why mention DO? He’s just being nice to me…”

“Open your eyes, you idiot!” Seri knocked her head in retaliation.

“Ehhh???” she rubbed the spot.

“Jiwon-ah…” Luhan shifted into a serious and brotherly tone. “I’m saying this coz I don’t want you to get hurt.” she listened. “Don’t expect anything from Sehun at this point. Don’t forget that you have a heart that needs to look after. Leave something for yourself, okay?”

“Neehhh… Thanks…” her lips curled up.

“Are you coming tomorrow by the way?” you asked.

“Where?”

“Daehyun’s super late bday bash! We’re going swimming!”

“Right!” she scratched her nape. “I can’t… Weekend with parents remember?”

“Oh!” you scoffed.

Seri stretched her arms up and yawned. “Aigooo~ I should let Sehun take you home.”

Jiwon pushed her. “I’m not even sure if that’s a joke or what! !”

“Okay then! I’ll let DO take you!” your sister taunted.

DO stood from his usual spot and made a step.

“He’s probably sleeping already.” Jiwon said, he sat back down with frustration. “It’s okay Seri. I can take care of myself.”

Luhan suddenly crawled on top of you, planting his hands besides your head. “You guys are taking way too long to decide…” he lowered himself until your faces were inches away from each other.

“Oh ! Here comes the smooch fest!” Seri panicked. “KAIIII!!! Take me and Jiwon out of here!”

“COMING!!!” a voice thundered.

Luhan’s lips were just inches away when you notice them disappearing in the cold wind. “Yah! Pay attention!” he whined.

“Miahnae…” you looked back up to him. “Are we seriously doing this here?”

“Relax! We’re not having here! I just wanna play with you!” he started kissing your neck.

That alone left you shuddering in pieces. The sound of his lips touching your skin, the warm breaths blowing your ear were nothing but sheer pleasure. “B-Babe… DO is still on the roof.”

“Tch! He can learn… a thing or two...” he smiled on your collarbone.

“Oh Luhaannn…” you murmured.

DO was indeed on the roof, lying on his back with arms behind his head, watching the stars. 'I really hope wishes do come true...'