Trust

Two Moons And The Mermaids

Himchan followed, more like stalked Hyomin and Eunjung. He knew where they lived, their daily routine, their habits, and even how rude and cruel they interact with people. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to a month. He obviously knew these girls became attached to the family. They always found themselves inside the bigger house and neither of the boys complained. It always amuses him why none of them seem to care that two strangers randomly barged into their lives. No questions asked.

It was only Seri, Jiwon, and the kids who made a big fuss over them. You, on the other hand, remained neutral as long as the husbands remained untouched.

It’s that time of the week when two members of BAP stood on the rooftop of the smaller house. “So! Anything unusual?” Yongguk asked.

“Nothing…” Himchan replied.

“Are you sure?” the leader reiterated.

“A hundred percent!” the latter showed a thumbs up.

“It’s just weird that Draco and TenTen reacts that way…” he rubbed his chin. “Remember that one time, he threw a plastic bottle at Hyomin?”

Himchan nodded. “Yeah… Kekemato even deliberately tripped Eunjung.”

BAP’s leader grew uneasy. “Dude… Just keep watching them. We will find something out soon for sure.”

“Don’t worry about it, man. I’ll do everything I can…” Himchan held his best friend’s shoulder. “Bang… Don’t let the kids out of your sight. They are the most vulnerable among all of us. If something happens, they are the easiest target.”

Being friends for more than a decade, Yongguk knows Himchan through and through. If there’s someone in the world he can trust, it’s Himchan. But hearing a stern warning from him gave him all the reason to be worried. “Why are you saying this all of a sudden?” he asked.

“It’s nothing!” Himchan faked a smile. “It’s just that the kids don’t like those girls so they might do something stupid to them…”

“Oh c’mon, man! No one would dare hurting them. They’re just kids!” Yongguk laughed and playfully pushed him. “Yaahhh… You’re so bad at making up stories. Tell me! Will ya!”

The mood lighten up and Himchan countered with a slight knock on the leader’s head. “It’s nothing! Really! You trust me, right?” ‘Trust me on this one, bro. You always have my back…’

With the way his eyes squinted, and lips forming into a smirk, Himchan has that look that Yongguk only understood. “Of course!” ‘I know, bro…’

“HYUNG!” Jongup’s voice rung.

Both guys looked down to the grassy lawn.

“It’s dinner time!” he shouted.

“Coming!” they chorused.

“See you back here in a week, understood!” Yongguk said, raising his fist.

“Yes, sir!” Himchan replied, bumping his fist against him.