Separate

Two Moons And The Mermaids

True enough, you and Seri found yourselves standing in front of the whole clan by the main door. 3 little innocent creatures sat by your feet, joyfully playing while you stood frozen trying to escape their blank stares.

“Unnie…” Seri nudged your side. “Is it just me or the guys doesn’t seem to care that we’re leaving. I’m starting to believe Jiwon now.”

Exo and BAP were dazed. They were not even longer bothered by the disappearance of Himchan and Baekhyun. Well, not all of them, the husbands and boyfriends in particular. Kris, Luhan, and Suho just stood in front of you with arms crossed on their chests, raising an eyebrow rather intrigued. It was Yongguk who elaborated to them that you had to spend a week at Jiwon’s house since she’s alone.

“Only a week, araseo!” Kris warned.

“Yes babe.” You answered, keeping your head down.

On the maknae side, Tao, Kai, and Zelo who were adamant in letting Seri go, threw daggers of stare at her. It was also Yongguk who persuaded them. He walked in front of them, taking a firm stand with hands on his waists. “Yah…Seri is only a 10 minute bus ride away.”

“Hyung!” Tao protested. “Then why can’t we go with her?”

“I agree!” Kai argued, his eyebrows furrowed. “I don’t see the point of them staying with Jiwon if we’ll see each other any time we want? Why not she stay with us instead?”

Yongguk let out a smirk, holding a Kai’s shoulder. “The house is cramped already. Besides, the girls could use a little free time.”

“Fine…” he finally gave up.

Zelo approached Seri and gave her a tight hug. “I’m gonna miss you, Seri-ah. We’ll come visit you every day.”

Seri melted right then and there. “Awww…my big baby.”

DO and Sehun didn’t care less since all they could ever think of is Jiwon. The rest of the guys stared blankly at different directions as if distracted, their eyes rounded without a single expression.

“I dunno sis.” you whispered. “Something’s really weird.”

“I know…” she muttered. “They look lost!”

You took a very deep breath and let the anxiety out. ‘Aish molla! All up to you now, Jiwon.’

As you take a final scan at their faces, Yongguk approached you and held your face. “I’ll visit you and the kids always. Don’t skip meals, okay?” you watched him intently as he continued. “Wish I could go with you but I have to watch the guys. Don’t worry about them.” he winked.

Your eyes grew bigger as if something lit up. ‘Himchan might have told him something. At least we're not alone in this.'  The lips that pouted turned into a smile. You tiptoed towards his ear. “I love you, Bang. Tell them that I love them.”, eyeing Kris, Suho, and Luhan.

His lips landed on your neck. “We know that, Sehee.”

It was only the husbands and the boyfriends who stood by the porch to watch you leave. Kirsten waved to Kris as you carried her. “Bye daddy!”

“See you, sweetie!” Kris shouted, cupping his hands.

Kekemato looked up to her master. ‘Gwenchana?’

Seri who towed Draco also joined the conversation. “TenTen? Gwenchana? Don’t be sad okay? LuLu said he will come visit us often."

Kirsten showed a toothless smile. “I’m okay!” she replied, then looked at her pet. ‘Staying with Auntie Jiwon is better than getting headaches every time I see those fishes.’

Kirsten’s ability of talking to animals became a curse as soon as she met the mermaids at the resort. She hears every conversation and kept it from the family ever since. That was also the main reason why Eunjung and Hyomin pushed both kids to the pool in hopes to eliminate the threat.

‘I can't forgive them after what they did to you and Draco. I will kill them!' The bunny balled her fists. 'They will get through me first. Those filthy @!#%!!! Urgh!'

You noticed her excitement suddenly vanished. “What’s wrong, sweetheart? Are you sick?” you raised a hand, feeling her forehead.

“Nothing mom…” she forced a smile and snuggled in your chest. ‘Keke, I just don’t understand why Auntie Jiwon is nice while Eunjung and Hyomin are bad.’

The two continued to converse even as you made your way through the neighbourhood. ‘Not everyone in this world is the same.’ The fuming bunny explained. ‘Remember those bedtime stories? There’s always good and bad, and it’s the same in real life.’

Kirsten let out a huge sigh. ‘Yeah…. I hope I can help Auntie Jiwon.’

‘We’ll figure it out. Don’t worry…’ Kekemato assured her.