Misunderstood

Two Moons And The Mermaids

It was half past seven when every person in the house has finally freshened up. Too bad for you, your nose has gone red from unstoppable sneezing.

Thanks to Seri, Jiwon had a change of clothes and they sat together over dinner.

It was an awkward meal since Sehun sat on the farthest end, almost melting the metal chopsticks in his burning hands. He hated the fact that Jiwon was in the same table with him, eating the same food as him.

“Bro!” Chen held his shoulders. “Easy on the beef! It’s dead already! You don’t have to kill it again!” he chuckled.

Sehun’s intense glare shifted to him. “Do you mind?” he hissed.

Chen immediately raised both hands. “Whoa! Oh…kay…” he continued eating.

All of you were watching and could only tolerate the maknae as much as you can.

Even the kids who were too young to understand grew curious. Kirsten watched him while slowly chewing and holding a carrot stick on Suho’s lap. Draco, who was in between you and Yongguk looked up. “Mom? Why is Uncle Sehun like that? Is he angry?”

“Achooo!” you sniffled. “Uhmmm… Uncle Sehun is just a little tired. Let’s just leave him alone for now, okay?”

“Okay…” he pouted.

“Aigooo~” Lay came from behind and placed a bowl beside your plate. “Here! Eat this chicken soup instead, and see me after dinner. We’ll get rid of that nasty flu once and for all.”

“Neeehhhh…” you sniffled and rubbed your watery eyes.

“The kids are healthier than you babe…” Yongguk whispered. “You should start taking notes from them! Kekeke~”

You scowled at him and clipped his ear. “Achooo!”

“Hahaha! Mehrong~” he taunted.

Your lips arched at the horrible feeling in your runny nose. “Baaannngggg…” you moped.

BAP’s leader softened at your droopy eyes and long pout. “I’m just kidding! Come here…” he placed an arm around your shoulder and pulled you to kiss the top of your head. “There! You’ll get better in no time!”

While you giggle at Yongguk’s medication, Jiwon ate with a heavy heart. Never did she realize the gravity of her actions. What was once a simple attraction for a special person, and turned into a disturbing fascination, now gave her deep regrets. ‘I shouldn’t have done it in the first place. You’re the world’s biggest idiot, Im Jiwon!’ she sighed.

So even when Sehun pushes her around, orders her to do things, bullies her at school, she takes it all with a smile on her face. ‘It’s your fault anyway so it up!’

Jiwon was beating herself for it and DO can see that. He was getting scared that he might no longer see her smile, her dimples. He was also starting to feel the burden weighing on her shoulders. She was slowly losing that spark and he has never cared so much for anyone like he does now.

They were just sitting across each other when he called her. “Hey…” she looked at him and back to her plate when he placed a huge piece of grilled meat. “Eat up…”

You and Seri gawked. Out of the 18 guys, DO is one of the bottomless pits who would never give his share even if it kills him. Just by doing that clearly showed his intentions.

‘Awwww~ I never thought DO can be this adorable. Suho must be a proud appa right now.’ you sniffled.

‘Aigoooo DO-ah!’ Seri grinned. ‘I wouldn’t mind you for Jiwon at all! Teeheee!’ she spazzed.

Jiwon hesitated at first but after seeing DO’s round eyes full of honesty, she took it and savored the sweet moment.

“It’s good right?” he asked.

“Neh!” she replied with that smile he was looking for. “Thank you, DO-shi!” she bowed afterwards.

“Y-You’re welcome! Here! Have some more!” he offered.

“Mwoh???” Kai protested. “You didn’t even do that to me! Not once!”

Seri kicked his foot. “And why would he do that?”

“Coz we’re the closest!” he sulked.

Seri gave him her share. “Here! Have mine instead!”

He quickly smiled and continued eating in excitement. “Thanks babe! This is why I love you oh so much! Unlike someone who forgets about brotherhood after seeing a pretty girl.” he scrunched his face at DO. “Bros before hos, man!” Seri kicked him harder. “Ooopppsss! Sorry…”

Despite the lightened mood, there’s still that one dark hole at the end of the table. Furrowed eyebrows, rigid jaw, tensed face, Sehun was like a ticking time bomb. It was no longer clear if it’s still a simple hate or now mixed with jealousy.

In the middle of laughter and giggles, Sehun slammed his fist and stood. “ this !”

“Sehun-ah!” you called when he started to leave. “Don’t you think you’re being rude?”

He turned to you looking very annoyed. “And don’t you think you’re being nosy? Mind your business!”

You stood. “EXCUSE ME???” Yongguk grabbed your hand and tenderly pulled you down. “Bang! You know I don’t tolerate these things around here!”

“I know… Just relax…” he rubbed your back.

You closed your eyes and took it all in.

Kris and Suho were already hurling daggers of stare at their maknae. As leaders, they felt like they failed at doing their responsibilities and were getting lenient in controlling them. Another wrong move and they could see the worse from them.

“Bro…” Chen reached out to Sehun’s arm. “Take it easy… We can talk about this…”

Sehun looked down to him and forcefully pulled away his arm. “Talk? I’ll only talk if you kick that creepy stalker out of this house!” his eyes narrowed at Jiwon.

“No way!” Seri stood. “How ‘bout you get out of this house?”

“MWORAGO???” Sehun debated. “ HOW DARE YOU…”

“ENOUGH!!!” Luhan snarled. “Can we do this some other time? Maybe never? The kids are here for god sake!”

Draco and Kirsten were being hugged by Yongguk and Suho, covering their eyes and ears.

“I’m so sorry…” Jiwon stood, only looking at the table, avoiding everyone’s gaze. “If there’s anyone leaving... that’s me.”

“Yaahhhh…” Seri held her wrist, DO watched helplessly.

She slowly removed her hand and left the table. You placed an elbow on the table to rub your throbbing forehead from the flu; either that or the tension in the room.

Seri also left to follow her but stopped before passing her brother. “If you don't like her, fine!” she said through pursed lips. “You don't have to rub it in her face coz she clearly knows that fact!” Sehun turned his head away from her. “She's not expecting you to like her back but at least treat her with respect! She has feelings oppa! Stop pushing her around! Stop hurting her!” and she ran out. “Jiwon-ah!!!”

Yongguk and Suho carried the kids to their room and everyone dispersed.

You also left and found the girls sitting on the porch. There were so many stars in the dark sky that twinkled so brightly. They were watching, pointing and giggling over it so you decided to squeeze in between. “Make way for the queen!”

They snorted. “And that makes us what? Princesses?” Seri raised an eyebrow.

“Ani!” you also raised your head to the sky. “More like peasants!”

“Mwoh???” they pushed your arms on both sides.

“I’m just kidding!” you laughed and they stopped. “Seriously though…” you placed an arm around their shoulders. “I’m no queen. I’m a sister and a friend, nothing more, nothing less.” they smiled and leaned their heads on your shoulder. “Sorry about our dongsaeng, Jiwonnie…” you added.

“It’s okay, unnie. I understand where he’s coming from.” she said.

“Do you still… errrr…” you hesitated. “…like him?”

Both girls moved back. Seri crossed both arms on bended knees and rested her chin on it as she waited for her best friend’s reply. Jiwon on the other hand, continued star gazing. “My mom always say that when you love someone, love them like stars never stops twinkling.” she smiled. “Whether its day or night, there are thick clouds hiding them, through rain or storm… stars are always there. We may not see them but they’re always there, shining brightly.” her lips curled up to the night sky.

Sehun was sitting on the floor, leaning against the door. He hit the back of his head against it and looked at the ceiling, feeling his chest being jackhammered. ‘Stupid! You must have the lowest IQ in human existence! Why me?’ he side eyed the door.

Up on the roof, DO’s hand found its way on his chest once again. He was sitting with bended knees, having his eyes sparkle at one single star, the one on the porch. ‘Is it wrong to ask that it should be me? Would it be too much to ask to look only at me?’ then, he pounded his chest. He neither likes nor hates the feeling but it was strange for him. ‘Aigooo~ I can’t breathe again! What’s wrong with me? Aish!’ he jumped, leaving his spot.

You hugged Jiwon from the side and rubbed her arm. “For what it’s worth, thank you Jiwonnie.”

She smiled and leaned her head on your shoulder.

“I’m starting to think why you like our brother of all people?” Seri laughed. “His face is long like a half moon, he has a body of a 12 year old stuck in puberty bordering to malnourished, his hair is multicolored ugly after Draco and TenTen bombed him with different paints!” you snorted. “He even snores so loud! Hahaha!” both of you snickered.

Jiwon sighed. “I’ve been asking myself that same question after all these years… Am I a masochist or what?”

A violent gust of wind suddenly passed, whipping your hairs. “Aigooo~ Someone’s being touchy again…” you smirked.

Both girls silently laughed.  “More like grouchy…” your sister  added.

“A-ACHOOOOO!!!!” you sneezed. It was so hard as if your lungs exploded. “Aish! This is all your fault Bang Yongguk!” you stood afterwards. “Gotta go see Dr. Unicorn. Bye ladies!”

After watching you leave, the girls continued spazzing over the littlest thing they could ever think of.