Suffer The Consequences

Two Moons And The Mermaids

 

With the stalker’s identity being revealed, everyone finally lived in peace. Seri even gained back a long lost BFF. She insisted that Jiwon should hang out with them despite her refusal so many times. For one, Sehun completely despised her. Second, who would even hang out with someone who has a bad track record?

“Seri-ah…” she said as they walk towards the bakeshop after dismissal. The guys were just a few feet behind them to accompany Sehun. “I don’t think this is a good idea. Can’t you see how awkward we all are?”

“Not all of us!” Seri replied. “It’s only you and Sehun oppa who are awkward to each other…”

“That’s why I shouldn’t be here!” she gritted her teeth.

Seri took a quick glimpse over her shoulder and saw her brother boring a hole at Jiwon’s skull. She sighed and linked their arms. “Look Jiwon… You and I are best friends. All I ever wanted is to spend time with you, catch up on things, do girly stuff together! Don’t mind my stubborn brother, okay?”

Jiwon hesitantly nodded.

When they neared the bakeshop, Sehun moved away from his pack and squeezed in between the girls. “Pets are not allowed in here!” he forcefully bumped his shoulder against Jiwon.

She faltered to the side but Seri managed to hold onto her. “What the hell? YAH!”

Jiwon pulled her arm. “Don’t! It’s okay…”

Tao stood beside Seri, looking at her friend. “Sorry about that… You left a bad impression on him so be patient for now…”

Jiwon pulled out a smile. “I understand…”

“Let’s get inside?” he gestured.

The girls brushed it off and it was Zelo who opened the door for them. They sat on a different table while the boys also took a nearby spot.

Himchan came to the girls with a tray of sandwiches and chocolate milkshakes. “One for our sweet Seri… and another for the troublemaker Jiwonnie…” they chuckled and he joined them.

Daehyun also came and took the remaining seat. “Is it true that you know all of us already?” he asked Jiwon.

“Neehhh…” she grinned and took a sip from her drink.

“Jeungmal?” he raised an eyebrow, she nodded to confirm. “If that’s the case, then who’s that over there?” he pointed.

Jiwon turned and looked back to him. “Jongup-shi! He’s a really good dancer!”

“How ‘bout him?” Himchan pointed the one behind the counter.

“That’s DO-shi! He can make earthquakes!”

Their eyes rounded. “Uwaaa~ You really know that much about us?” Daehyun gawked.

“Hellooo?!” Himchan smacked his arm. “She's a legit stalker and ninja remember? No offense..." he told her. "At least she spared us the getting-to-know stage.” he added.

Seri kicked his foot and Jiwon chuckled. “I am… and it’s not something to be proud of.”

“Aren’t you bothered by what you discovered about us having these weird abilities?” Himchan questioned with a serious tone.

“I did! I actually thought I was hallucinating the first time I saw Sehun forming a small tornado with just a steady stare.” she chuckled. “I ran back home, locked my room, and isolated myself for weeks!” she looked at them. “But it made me realize that there are certain things in the world which cannot be explained and all we gotta do is believe with an open mind.”

With the way she talked and blushed at Sehun’s name, and the fact that she accepted their not-so-human side just for him, they discovered how true her feelings were.

“Aigooo~ Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” Himchan slowly shook his head. “And here I am thinking that Sehun is zero when it comes to getting hooked!”

Daehyun snorted and leaned closer to Himchan. “Yeah… First, it was the queen with a capital K. Then there’s Son Yeonjae, the damsel in distress who ran away…”

“Who???” Jiwon wondered.

“A-Aniya!” Seri grinned and gave the guys a look. “Shut the up!” she mouthed.

Himchan quickly stood and grabbed Daehyun’s collar. “It’s nothing! We’re running away before the boss kicks our asses! He! He!” they escaped.

Seri watched as Jiwon blankly stare at her plate while taking small bites from a sandwich. Despite the loneliness of being away from her parents, she still has that spark in her eyes that kept her going, there’s that twitch in her lips being in the same room with Sehun.

“You really like my brother, don’t you?” she asked and Jiwon simply smiled. “I’ll take that as yes…”

“Seri-ah!” Sehun interrupted and stood behind her. “Finish up! We’re going home!”

“Ehh?” she looked up to him. “But it’s still early!”

“I said, FINISH UP!” he yelled.

Seri flinched and Jiwon touched her hand. “It’s okay… Go!” she smiled.

“Fine!” she eyerolled. “But at least let us take you home! Or one of the guys…” she pointed BAP.

Sehun glared at her. “We have homework to do and everyone is busy! She didn’t have problems before, so I don’t see any reasons why she can’t do it today, tomorrow, or until ing when! Now let’s go!”

The rest of Exo and BAP shook their heads.

Without saying a word, Seri grabbed her tote bag and stormed out of the shop.

“Babe!” Tao followed.

“Seri-ah!” Zelo and Kai also did the same.

Jiwon and Sehun caught each other’s gaze. He left a piercing stare before heading to the door, and she bowed her head in response.

Youngjae came and sat. “Are you still willing to put up with him?”

“I’ve been in this one sided attraction for too long. Do you think it’s worth giving up now?” her lips curled up. “And I guess this is the part where I suffer the consequences of my stupidity.”

“Aigooo~ I hope it won’t be too late for Sehun to realize what he’s missing…” he patted her shoulder. “Hang in there Jiwonnie… and don’t worry… I’m taking you home.”

‘I always knew these guys are the nicest!’ she smiled. “Komawo Youngjae-shi…”