Protect

Two Moons And The Mermaids

There you saw Jiwon pacing back and forth who instantly stopped when she saw. “Sehee unnie, I need to talk to you.”

“What is it? Is it that important? It’s late already.” you said.

She pulled you and Seri towards the couch and made you sit. “What I’m going to say is very important. You have to listen, okay? You only have to listen to me and no one else.”

Jiwon totally transformed. She’s no longer the weak girl who takes all the bullying without complaining, the shy girl who kept her head down all the time. She now has that strong aura, ready to fight, ready to protect, and ready to die if she has to.

“Yah, Im Jiwon.” you held her hand. “What’s going on?”

Seri also started to grow uneasy. “Jiwonnie…W-wae?”

She kneeled and took each of your hands. “Promise me first that you will only listen to me.”

You and Seri looked at each other, then nodded in agreement. “Now tell us.” you said.

That’s when she let out a huge breath. “Unnie…Seri-ah…I need you to take Draco and Kirsten to my house first thing tomorrow morning. You, Seri and the kids are safer there.”

“W-Why? Wh-What’s going on?” you stuttered.

“Errmmm…” she gulped. “Hyomin and Eunjung are mermaids and they’re out to get the guys. All of them! I know it’s crazy but I can’t just keep this from you any longer. It’s getting dangerous…”

From that moment on, Jiwon’s voice started to fade. It seems like your system refused to hear bad news all over again. Normal humans may find it absurd but given your past with ninjas and werewolves, and the fact that your family were born as superhumans, these things became acceptable to you. It’s just that having to experience another threat is just unbearable.

Seri saw you spacing out that she kept shaking you. “Unnie…Gwenchana?”

Jiwon also gripped your hand. “Sehee unnie, you have to be strong.”

‘Eunjung? Hyomin? This can’t be…’ You shook their smirking faces away from your mind and came back to reality. “Sorry…Are you sure about this? This is not a prank or something, right?”

“Of course not, unnie! This is all true.” she answered.

“It’s true, Sehee!” a voice said.

Himchan walked in, joining the serious conversation.

You and Seri instantly stood and lunged towards him for a hug.

“Oppa!” your sister squealed.

“Channie!” you followed.

“Sssshhh!” he hushed, putting a finger on his lips. “You’ll wake everyone up.”

You broke away to check him from head to toe. “How are you? Are you okay? Where have you been? They’re looking all over for you?”

Seri hugged him tighter, almost bawling in his chest. “Oppa…We miss you.”

Himchan hugged you both with his long, muscled arms. “I miss you guys too soooo much. Miahnae…” he walked to the couch, making you sit again. “Sehee-ah, you have to listen to Jiwon, okay? She’s the only person we can trust now.”

You looked at Jiwon who also kneeled beside Himchan. “Unnie…we believe that Kirsten know that those girls are mermaids and she might have told Draco about it.” Your jaw dropped. “It’s dangerous for them knowing their secret. They’re safer at my house.”

“Wait…This is a lot to process especially that we’re talking about my kids.” you explained.

Himchan spoke this time. “I understand, Sehee. But those girls will do everything to make sure that their secret remains hidden.” he faced your sister. “It’s the same for you Seri. They have a grudge against you. I’ve been following them which is why I had to stay away from everyone.”

“What about the guys?” you added while fidgeting. “We can’t just leave them. We have to tell them. Besides, do you really think my husbands will let us go just like that?”

“Sehee unnie is right. I don’t think they will let us go much less ask questions.” Seri added.

Jiwon and Himchan looked at each other briefly and took a deep breath.

“Ani…I think most of them are under a mermaid’s spell. They don’t have control over their thoughts.” Jiwon said.

Shock came through your body. Your eyes widened and jaw dropped. Seri covered her gaping .

“That’s impossible.” you said. “Bang seems the same for me. Kris, Luhan, and Suho acts the same like how I met them since Day 1. No, that’s impossible.” you hysterically shook your head.

"Tao and Kai are also the same. I didn't notice any difference with Zelo and Sehun oppa." Seri bellowed.

Jiwon moved closer to you. “Trust me on this one, unnie. This is the only way I know for now. I may be wrong but we have to be careful. You just don’t know what those girls are capable of.” Jiwon firmly held your hands as if her life depended on it. “You guys are like family to me and I will do everything to protect all of you.”

Despite the influx of confusion and fear, Jiwon’s words were so comforting. Knowing that there’s someone you can trust gave a tiny boost of confidence. “We trust you, Jiwon. I will fight with you.” You looked at Seri and Himchan. “We will fight with you.”

She smiled as a sign of relief.