Snooper Sisters

Two Moons And The Mermaids

You followed Sehun and Yeonjae even if the curfew Kris and Tao gave have already passed. Seri also kept craning her neck just to eavesdrop.

At one point, Sehun stopped to show off his powerful skill.

“Eeewwww~” Seri silently cringed, having goosebumps all over.

“Oh god Sehun… Be thankful that you’re my brother. Blech!” you faked a gag.

But for Yeonjae, Sehun was the cutest-most adorable-rainbow haired guy-in the world. Those knuckles on his cheeks, that so-into-it face, those beautiful expressive eyes. “Aigoooo~ Neomu kyeopta!” she shrieked, her hands clasped on her chest.

After a few more rounds of enduring your brother’s aegyo explosion, they decided to take a seat at a pair of swing in a nearby park. You and Seri took refuge behind the nearest bush, still snooping at the love birds.

Both of you can literally hear the conversation and even see how the swings slowly move back and forth.

“Sehun oppa…” Yeonjae spoke. “Thank you…”

“For what?” he asked, staring at the sand as he draws a heart with the tip of his sneakers.

“For always making me smile. Jinjja komawo!”

You looked at Seri with lips arched down and slowly nodding, looking impressed.

She simply eyerolled.

“It’s nothing Yeonjae-ah. Seeing you happy is more than enough for me.” he said.

Yeonjae held the metal chains and look up to the night sky. “Yeppeoda!”

“Yeah…” he agreed.

It’s been a while seeing Sehun this way. He was indestructible as if no one can stop him. “Seri-ah… I think we should go…” you whispered.

“Ehh?” she protested. “We’re already here so let’s finish the whole damn thing!”

“Whatever!” you gave in.

In the swings, Sehun realize his roots from watching the galaxy. Where he came from, what he can do, his life as a Force. ‘This is it! I should tell her already. I know she will understand.’

He looked back down, back to the girl on his side. “Uhmmm Yeonjae-ah?”

“Yes?” she asked with her eyes set on the twinkling stars.

“I errrr… need to tell you something…”

At that point, Sehun’s heart soared up to the sky. He has been preparing this moment for so long that even if he practiced for so many times and asked Luhan’s guidance, it still didn’t make up for the worry he feels. ‘Breathe man! Remember what hyung said… relax, take a deep breath, and let your heart talk…’

Bullets of sweat dripped down your face as you also felt his nerves from meters away. ‘Wonder what he’s so scared about…’

Yeonjae suddenly turned her head to him. “Errmmm… I also need to tell you something. I’ve been meaning to tell you about it but you’re such a huge distraction.” she shyly giggled.

“Huh?” he wondered. “Was it the same one you’re supposed to tell me when we were at the water park?” she nodded with a grin. “Oh! Okay! What is it?”

“But you’re telling me something, right?” she asked.

“Ladies first!” he smiled.

Yeonjae was also nervous, scared, everything negative a person can feel. Her swing stopped moving, her hands formed into fists on her knees. “Miahnae Sehun oppa…”

“Sorry for what?” he also stopped moving, hinting her fright.

“I’m so sorry oppa… I’m so sorry…” she repeated a lot of times, making Sehun leave his spot, bending on one knee in front of her.

“Hey! What’s wrong? Tell me!”

Yeonjae kept her head down, avoiding his gaze. “I’m really sorry. It’s not you, it’s me…”

Your hands found its way on your mouth, even Seri fell frozen.

“W-What are you talking about?” Sehun stammered, feeling a jackhammer on his chest.

“You don't deserve me and I know you’re going to make someone so happy someday.”

Sehun couldn’t understand a single thing. His body completely shut down and nothing registered in his brain.

“You’re more like an oppa to me… an oppa and I’m the dongsaeng… I guess being an only child made me feel lonely and knowing someone like you made me happy.”

Hearing those words was as bad as your brother have heard it and you knew it hurts. ‘Sehun-ah…’

“…and there’s someone else I like.” she added.

Your jaw dropped to the ground, Seri felt her soul leaving her body.

Sehun stood when his system rebooted, his emotions erupted. “YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT YOU FOUND SOMEONE WHILE YOU’RE MILES AWAY??? JUST LIKE THAT??? THAT’S BULL!”

It made Yeonjae drop gallons of tears. She never meant to hurt him but the fact that she made him snap made her feel guilty all the more.

“Oppa… Miahnae!” she cried. “This is the sole reason why I came back…”

“MWOH??? WELL THAT’S JUST MEAN! YOU ING CAME TO BREAK MY HEART!” your brother suddenly cried.

All those time that he was holding his tears, finally came down. He pointed a finger to her, gritting his teeth still trying to hold his anger from the strong feelings he has for her. “DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS? IT ING HURTS! I LOVE YOU SOOOO ING MUCH!”

“I’m really sorry…” was all she could say.

“How could you do this to me? I never stopped loving you. Even when I was acting crazy, I loved you. I've showed you in a million ways but you’re in love with someone else all this time? You held my hand! You smiled only to me! You’re heartless, Son Yeonjae!”

Your chest was burning painfully and Seri saw your eyes b in tears watching Sehun drop on his knees. “Unnie…”

You held her hand when she reached out. There’s that sibling connection where you had to be there for one of them even if it means enduring all the pain for them.

Sehun found himself all alone in the middle of the park, crying, feeling the whole world turned their backs on him. Despite the boulder in his chest and cold water running down his face, he looked up when a shadow hovered him. “N-Noona?”

“Sorry… Seri and I followed you all the way here. We understand if you don’t wanna talk to us…”

“Noonaaaa…” he sobbed, breaking down in front of you. He merely dropped his head on your shoulder as you kneeled, wrapping your arms around his frail body. Seri also stayed on his side, rubbing his back.

“H-how can someone… be so mean? I didn’t… hurt anybody… I’ve a-always been…a good brother, an uncle… an Exo... I obey my hyungs…”

Tears kept dripping down your face even when you let the cold wind blew it away. Seri was also choking, soaking her shirt with her own tears.

“Our Sehun is perfect. People just don’t see that…” you pressed your cheek on his head, his tears dripping down your sleeves. 

“That’s not true!” he suddenly pushed you away, screaming at the top of his lungs. “ THIS! I ING HATE MY LIFE! NO ONE LIKES ME! I’M STUPID! I’M NOTHING!!!”

Seri covered her quivering mouth when he repeatedly hit his knuckles on the ground.

“Yah! Sehun-ah! YAHHH!!!” you struggled holding him. “Stop this! STOP IT!!!”

He was so strong that the ground became hollowed and it shook. “Sehun pleeasseeee!!! STOP!” you begged.

Blood dripped when you finally managed to catch him, hugging him tighter.

“Noonaaa… Eotteokke…” he poured his sorrows, dropping his fists on the sides.

You held his face, clearing it from tears and sweat. “Listen to me okay?” you sniffled. “Seri and I will always be here for you! Also your hyungs! We love you so, soooo much… Do you hear me?” he slowly nodded. “I don’t have the strength of a Force or the courage of a Warrior but I will do everything for you guys.”

“Oppaaa…” Seri hugged him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Your heart melted just watching them and had to wipe the tears off their cheeks. “We'll get through anything as long as we have each other, okay?”

They nodded and you hugged them. “Seri-ah… Aren’t you supposed to help me out here?”

She chuckled all of a sudden, Sehun also snorted. “I’m still mad at you for stalking me…”

“It’s okay… We deserve it anyway…” you chuckled.

“Thank you noona… Thank you Seri…” he moved and hugged you both with his long arms, kissing the top of your heads afterwards.

“Anything for you oppa…” Seri answered.