Caught

Two Moons And The Mermaids

When Monday came, the leaders went on a mission to catch whoever was following the maknaes. Their superhuman senses were so active that they can see, hear, and feel anyone within a 10 mile radius. Their line of sight became tunneled while everything else was blurred. They crouched on the roof of the main building which was adjacent to the street where the maknaes were walking, heading home.

“Bro…” Kris spoke. “Seen anything yet?”

Yongguk and Suho shook their heads.

They have already spent the entire day yet giving up never entered their minds even if the sun was about to set.

The maknaes were only two blocks away from the house when Sehun stopped to tie his shoelace, while everyone else kept moving.

“Kris! Suho!” Yongguk snapped. “9 o’clock!”

Their heads moved in the exact direction and a figure behind a thick tree trunk caught their eagle eyes.

“Move out!” Kris ordered.

The three leaders immediately leaped in a blink of eye but Kris moved faster in a millisecond when he took flight.

A high pitched yelp was heard followed by two long strides.

“Not so fast!” Exo-M’s leader matched those strides and grabbed the back of a jacket. “Gotcha!”

The person they caught kept his head down and the baseball cap he wore covered his face.

Yongguk and Suho also landed one meter across them. “I don’t think you’re going anywhere!” Exo-K’s leader smirked.

Kai also teleported beside Kris. “So you’re the one who’s been following us? Who are you?”

Another set of running footsteps came and stopped behind Suho.

Tao and Zelo securely stood in front of Seri who was peeking on a small gap between them. ‘Wonder who it is this time?’

The stalker was clearly smaller than any of the guys. Petite, short, and skinny. Pretty much similar to Seri’s built. He was noticeably nervous with the way his chest rapidly moves up and down from breathing hard.

But despite the obvious advantage, they prepared for a fight if they have to.

“Bro!” Suho nodded to Kris.

In just one quick motion, he snatched the baseball cap, revealing the identity of all their headaches.

Everyone gasped.

The person standing right in front of them was beyond their imagination. How can someone as frail and skinny as a stick proved to be a threat? That someone who can hardly throw a punch?

They were completely annoyed.

“You gotta be ting me right?” Tao glowered.

“Is this a prank? Are there hidden cameras somewhere?” Zelo looked around.

Among all of them, Sehun was completely enraged. His hands curled into fists as he squeezed in between Suho and Yongguk. Those days that left him on the edge and kept worrying about everyone’s safety drove his chest to explode. He just can’t find the logic why a girl, yes a girl, has been stalking them. She has long black hair, fair skin, and the same age as Seri. She was very pretty but Sehun was too angry to even see that. “And who the are you?”

Seri moved to the side for a clearer image. “Ji…Jiwon?”

The girl raised her head with eyes that were completely shut in shame. “Hi… Seri…”

Sehun turned to his sister and growled. “YOU KNOW HER???”

“N-Neh…” she walked towards her.

“WELL I DON’T CARE IF YOU DO COZ I’M GONNA BEAT THE OUT OF HER!!!” he swung his fist but Suho grabbed him. “HYUNG! LET GO OF ME!!!” he struggled and Yongguk had to subdue him as well.

“Oppa… Calm down…” Seri stepped in front of the girl. “I know Jiwon. She’s an old friend. Let’s hear her explanation first…”

Sehun leaned closer to her and pointed at the girl. “EXPLAIN? DOES SHE KNOW WHAT LOAD OF TROUBLE SHE CAUSED?” he faced the girl afterwards. “YAHHH!!! YOU CRAZY LUNATIC ! I DON’T ING CARE IF YOU’RE A GIRL! YOU ARE SO DEAD! YOU PIECE OF !”

“Whoa! Whoa!” Kris decided to step in. “Sehun-ah! I can’t blame you for acting this way but you gotta calm down.”

Sehun swallowed his anger and turned his back. “ THIS ! I’M SO DONE!!!” he walked.

Kris nodded to Tao, Zelo and Kai. “Go with him...”

When Seri turned to the girl, tears were running down her face so she placed an arm around her for comfort. “Jiwon-ah… I really can’t speak for my brother coz what you did was wrong.”

“I know  and I’m truly sorry…” she sobbed.

“Errmmm guys?” Seri looked at the leaders. “This is Im Jiwon… The closest friend I ever had since grade school but we lost contact after graduating…” they nodded and she talked to her afterwards. “What happened to you anyway?”

Jiwon wiped her tears still keeping her head down. “My parents decided to move out of the city when they had to shut down the family business.”

“What? Oh my god! Jinjja?” Seri gawked.

“It’s true…” she sobbed. “That’s why I disappeared. They can no longer afford to send me to college so I had to work for it.”

“Wait…” Yongguk butted in. “Why were you watching us again? More like stalking actually…”

Jiwon turned to the three guys and bowed. “I’m really sorry! Please accept my apologies.”

“It’s okay…” Kris said. “Just tell us why you did it…”

She took a deep breath and looked down to avoid their gazes. “I did it… coz of… Sehun…”

They stared at each other very confused and puzzled.

“H-Hold up…” Seri spoke. “Sehun? As in my brother?”

She nodded. “Nehhh… I…” she took a deep breath. “I really like him.” all their jaws dropped. “I don’t know why but something lit up that one day in senior high when I saw him walking Seri to school. He was like the sweetest brother, but for me, he was the manliest man on Earth.” a smile formed on her lips as if on cue. “I had been crushing on him back then but I guess it just grew stronger…”

“Uwaaaa… Talk about obsession…” Kris whispered to Suho.

“Mhmmm… She seems nice though…” he replied.

Seri scowled at them so they let her continue. “Thinking about Sehun motivated me. I worked two jobs and saved my paychecks so I can enroll in the same school with you guys. Call me crazy, pathetic, delusional, obsessed, but I guess a person is willing to do everything and make sacrifices when their heart and mind is clouded.” she wiped her tears. “Watching him from afar gave me strength. I have no intentions of hurting you guys…” she looked at them. “I swear! I didn’t know that I was already doing more harm than good.”

“Aigoo Jiwonnie…” Seri rubbed her arm. Seeing a person, much less a friend, show how much affection she has for her stubborn and childish brother made her heart soar. “You should’ve told me! We could’ve spared ourselves from this mess!” she comforted.

Jiwon sniffled. “I didn’t know how… I never had the courage to do it in the first place. It’s even worst right now coz I am nothing but a poor girl.”

Seri held her face. “Hey… You are the most honest person I know with a heart as big as life itself. That’s everything already! You should be proud of it!”

Jiwon felt grateful and let out a forced smile.

“Girls?” Suho interrupted. “I know that both of you are happy to see each other but can we continue with the issue at hand?”

“Oh! Right!” Seri snickered.

“Speaking of which…” Jiwon grinned. “I thought you guys should that I know everything… I mean everything…” she whispered and pointed Kris.  “You can fly… You can control water… “ she followed Suho. “You are insanely strong and super fast!” she nodded at Yongguk. “And you my dear…” she elbowed Seri. “…is married to a super duper hot time stopper.”

Their eyes rounded in fear and fell silent in panic.

She immediately raised her hands and waved frantically. “But you don’t have to worry! All your secrets are safe with me! I'll take it to my grave!”

They heaved a sigh of relief.

Seri spoke once again, pointing the three husbands. “I hope you also know that they are the leaders of Exo and BAP…” Jiwon looked at them, her knees shaking in fright. “…and them being here means you caused a serious situation.”

“Yeah… I understand… They’re really good too! I never thought they were coming unlike that Lay guy who’s always a step behind me…” she chuckled and bowed. “Seriously though… I’m willing to accept any punishments.”

Yongguk patted her head. “All of us make silly mistakes and learning from it is more important… But I guess your chances at getting closer with Sehun got slimmer which I think is fair enough for a punishment.”

Kris and Suho snorted, Jiwon sighed.

“Can you leave us for a minute?” Seri asked the guys and when they left, she hugged her best friend. “It’s great seeing you, Jiwonnie…”

“Yeah… Me too! I miss you so much!” she hugged her back.

Seri pulled away and held her shoulders. “Yahhh… No more secrets okay? And no creepy stalking!” she shyly nodded. “And don’t worry about Sehun oppa, I’ll explain everything to him.”

“I don’t think he’ll forgive me, but thank you still.”

“Aigooo Im Jiwon~” they hugged once again. “I never thought I’d see you again this way! You’re crazy and stupid, don’t you know that?! They could’ve killed you on the spot! Aish!”

“Miahnae Seri-ah… I also hope Sehee unnie won’t get mad at me…”

“Tch! She’ll just laugh at you for sure!”

They chuckled.