Match Up

Two Moons And The Mermaids

It was Kirsten’s turn when Tao came back towing Draco.

“Sehun-shi?” the nurse said. “Kirsten is next. Please follow me.”

That alone got their niece agitated. She was utterly frightened and started squirming in Sehun’s clutch. “Noooo… Andwae… Shireoooo…”

He stood and it was also DO and Jiwon’s turn to help him. Kekemato chose to stay behind as she doesn’t want to see her owner getting hurt.

“TenTen?” her brother called.

The little girl calmed down and looked over Sehun’s shoulder with the biggest pout. “O…Oppaaaa…”

“You want me to go with you?” she responded with a faint nod.

Draco hopped off Tao’s lap and went to DO who was reaching out a hand to him. As they walked to the same clinic, Jiwon was just beside DO so she the boy’s hair. “You’re such a good oppa, Draco. Just like Sehun…”

A cocky smile formed on his lips as it was music in his ears. ‘Tch! Of course I am!’

“And DO…” she added.

DO’s eyes rounded in shock and his heart rate once again shot up. ‘I…I am? This is the first time someone said that to me… Hoooo~’ then his free hand went up to his chest. ‘Breathe DO… Breathe…’

“Please come in!” the nurse gestured to the door.

Kirsten suddenly turned violent. She thrashed her arms and legs, kicking and punching Sehun. “NO! NO! NOOOOO!!!”

Sehun carried her with one arm and evaded her shots with the other. “TenTen please stop… I don’t want you to get hurt… Please…”

And then a deafening and heart melting cry of plea erupted. “Mommmyyyy! Kris Dadaaaaaaa!!”

Draco could only watch in sorrow and was also starting to tear up. DO carried him and rubbed his back as they watch his sister beg.

“I want…mommy! Je…Jebaaaaaal…”

She was already gasping for air with eyes turning red and poofy.

Jiwon decided to walked closer to Sehun and tucked strands of hair behind the little girl’s ear. “Can I be your mommy for now? I may not look like mommy, but I can be like mommy…”

“Yes TenTen…” Draco spoke. “Auntie Jiwon isn’t that bad to be our mommy for now. It’s okay…”

With a little push from Sehun and an encouraging smile from DO, Kirsten reach out to Jiwon and hugged her tight when she carried her. “Aigooo~ Let’s take a seat shall we?”

The doctor was relieved to finally see the little girl calm down. He pulled his chair closer to her to start with the procedure.

Although Kirsten was hiding her face in Jiwon’s neck, she grew tensed and stiff. Her grip on Jiwon's shirt was so tight that it would almost rip, and her chest was thumping at a faster rate. She squirmed and the doctor was having trouble with her once again.

“Please hold her down.” he instructed.

“But she’ll get hurt!” Sehun refused.

“She’ll get hurt even more if she keeps moving around. We need to keep her steady.” he added.

Jiwon was thinking when she snapped her fingers. “DO!” she called him. “Sing a song!”

“Ehh? Me?” he pointed a finger to himself. “Sing?”

“Yes!” she replied. “Do it! Ppali!”

DO scratched his nape while everyone around him waited. After taking a deep gulp and clearing his throat, he sang a very smooth lullaby which rendered Kirsten to loosen up. His voice was so cool to hear that even Jiwon failed to notice the girl on her lap drifting to sleep. She was mesmerized and star struck, completely drawn into oblivion.

Sehun moved back when Exo’s crooner kneeled on Jiwon’s side with tender eyes set on Kirsten. Who would've thought that DO has that power even with babies?

“Aigooo~ Had I not known, I can mistake you both as Kirsten’s parents…” the nurse remarked.

Sehun felt having two hands squeezing his heart. He wanted to kick DO on the side for no reason. He wanted to yell at him because his mind tells him to.

The door closed and Jiwon snapped out of trance. When she looked back, Sehun was no longer to be found.

“And were done!” the doctor announced. “Lemme just put this Barbie band aid.”

After a few instructions, Jiwon and DO left with the kids and caught up with everyone at the lounge. The rest of the maknaes stood and Tao carried Draco. “Gaja! Let’s head to the bakeshop for mooncakes!”

“Weeee!” the boy clapped.

Jiwon shifted the sleeping girl to DO for a walk home.

Seri went to her when she noticed her brother walking way ahead of them down the street. “Did something happen back in the clinic?”

“Huh? Not that I know of... Wae?” Jiwon wondered.

“I dunno… Seems like oppa is in a bad mood again.”

“He’s always in a bad mood! Kekeke!” she snickered.

“Oh right…” Seri snorted.

When they reached the bakeshop, the BAP waiters were having a little commotion. Even Xiumin and Chen came out of the kitchen to join them.

“What’s going on?” Zelo asked.

They all turned with the biggest smiles on their faces but it all fell upon seeing Jiwon.

“Wae?” she asked rather intrigued with her tiny dimples on, smiling.

“Errmmm… Uhhh…” Jongup worried.

“It’s just that…” Daehyun looked at Sehun.

As if on cue, another girl popped out of the pack.

Their faces fell as if it was bad news. It was only Jiwon who was looking at them, puzzled.

“Y-Yeonjae?” Seri gawked.

“Hi Seri unnie...” she waved.

It was completely silent after that. No one moved, breathed, nor spoke. If only the guys could morph into a furniture and disappear, they would.

Jiwon craned her neck to check the unfamiliar person “Uhmmm… Guys? Is there something wrong? Who is she?”

No one dared to reply. Their eyes were just moving from person to person, and occasionally cough.

With confusion and hatred from leaving all of a sudden, Sehun’s fist curled with eyes narrowed at his first love. ‘Son Yeonjae… I’m not sure if I should be happy or not, but what the are you doing here?’

“Annyeong Sehun oppa…” she bowed ninety degrees.

‘Oppa?’ Jiwon wondered. ‘I know Sehun for years and the only person calling him that is Seri. Who is she?’

Seri saw her chewing her lower lip so he pulled her arm. “I’ll explain later…”

Before she can even continue, her brother spoke with a deep sneering voice. “Hyung!” he called DO. “It’s getting dark outside. Take Jiwon home.”

Being able to read him like a book, Jiwon smirked at the obvious connection between the two. ‘Tch! Someone special, huh?’ “No need DO! I can take care of myself! Seri-ah, see you at school!”

She turned to the door but suddenly stopped.

“I SAID TAKE HER HOME!” Sehun snarled.

Xiumin held his shoulder. “Easy bro... You don’t have to yell…” and he nodded at DO. “Take Jiwon home. It isn’t safe around here anymore…”

“Nehhh…” DO replied.

Jiwon rolled her eyes and walked out the door.