Greatest Threat

Two Moons And The Mermaids

“Eomeoni! Abeoji!” Seri ran, hugging them when they caught her.

“Aigooo Seri-ah! You’re a grown up now!” a short, stout and gray haired man said.

“...and married!” says a tall, scrawny lady.

“Teehee!” Seri chuckled.

Jiwon’s parents saw you and signaled. “Sehee! Come here!” the mother said.

They reached out as you neared so you hugged them back. “It’s great seeing you again, Mr and Mrs. Im…” you murmured, tightening your grip around them.

Feeling that embrace brought memories of a family you once had: a thoughtful mother, and a majestic father.

Jiwon’s father noticed and he slightly pulled away, holding your face. “Hey… Is everything okay?” you nodded. “You sure?”

“Neh… I just miss mom and dad.”

“Aigooo~ How many times do I have to remind you that my wife and I are here for you and Seri! What’s the use of us being friends with your mom, huh?”

“Miahnae…” you pouted.

“I heard you have a brother?” he then narrowed his eyes at the end of the pack. “Is that him?”

You turned and saw Sehun hiding his face. “Yeah… He’s name is Sehun.”

“SEHUN!!!” a deep sneering voice thundered, leaving the guys stunned.

“Abeoji! You’re scaring him! Aish!” Seri scolded and after leaving for a bit, she came back with your brother in tow. “Oppa! They are Jiwon’s parents who has also become our guardians after mom passed away.”

“A-Annyeong haseyo…” he bowed, still keeping his head down.

The mother leaned close to her daughter’s ear. “Jiwon-ah… Is he the one?”

“Mooommmm…” she whined.

You snorted.

“Yah! Look at me when I talk!” the father scorned.

Sehun flinched and forced himself to look the scary man. Never had he imagined being interrogated right then and there, and would rather change Kirsten’s diapers a million times.

“Bro! The last time I saw Sehun this scared was when he got punished by the king.” Chanyeol whispered to Suho.

“Mhmmm! Poor maknae…” the leader shook his head.

On the other side, Baekhyun saw DO hiding behind the cake he was holding. He nudged Zelo who was just right beside him. “Dude! Look!”

“Hahaha! Ten bucks says he’ll pass out when his turn comes!” BAP’s maknae opened a palm to him.

“Deal!” Baekhyun shook it.

Jiwon’s mother suddenly called. “You there! The one holding the birthday cake! Are you hiding from someone?”

Zelo tapped DO’s arm and nodded towards the front.

The Exo member swallowed hard and fixed his tie after lowering the cake on the table. “A-Aniyo… I-I’m just making sure… the cake won’t fall…”

“What’s up with them?” Kris whispered to Yongguk. “They are scared less!”

“Dude! You’ll react exactly the same way if you’re meeting Sehee’s parents for the first time!” BAP’s leader replied.

“Oh right…” he slapped his forehead.

Seeing the two get scared out of their wits, you gestured for the kids to join. They looked up to the adults as you their backs. “Eomeoni! Abeoji! These are my kids, Draco and Kirsten!”

“Omo! Such beautiful kids!” the mother bent and pinched their cheeks. “Hello! I’m Jiwonnie’s umma. How are you?”

The boy placed both hands on his tummy and bowed. “Annyeong haseyo!”

The little girl also did the same. “Annyeong~”

“Aigooo~ Come here! Eomeoni will give you lots and lots of candies and toys!” she stood and towed them.

“Weeeee!” the kids cheered.

“MOM! You can’t do that!” Jiwon protested.

“Leave me alone! It’s been a while since babies came to this house!” she continued. “Yeobeo! Leave Jiwon to entertain her guests! Let’s go!”

“MOOMMMM!!!”

“Jiwon-ah… Let’s leave your mom for now. You know how she is with kids?!” the father comforted, the daughter was helpless. “Meanwhile, you guys enjoy a’right? We’ll be in the house if you need anything!”

“NEEHHH!!!” everyone responded.

“Great!” Jiwon raised her arms in frustration.

You came to her side and held her wrist, pulling her to the center of the pack. “Relax! It’s your birthday!”

She sighed.

“Seri told us that you don’t want any gifts?” you asked.

“Mhmmm! I don’t want to bother you guys anymore! Coming over is more important!”

“Awwww~” Kai melted, hugging her from behind. “Girlfriend is so thoughtful…”

Seri eyerolled. ‘Such a playboy! Pft! You’re sleeping on the couch tonight. Kekeke~’

“Group hug!” Youngjae announced.

With that, everyone moved to the center, squishing Jiwon in the middle.

“Errmmm guys?” she muttered. “Human over here! Can’t breathe!”

“OH!” the circle dispersed.