Paranoia

Two Moons And The Mermaids

Weeks gone by and something odd in both houses was happening. Hyomin and Eunjung came to visit more often than usual. Either they were invited by one of the boys or accidentally passed by the neighborhood which occurs numerous times already.

“Unnie…” Seri whispered while side-eyeing the two girls chatting with Jongup and Daehyun in the living room.

“Hmmm?” you replied.

“Don’t tell me those two “happened to be in the neighborhood” again.” she added with raising eyebrows, forming bunny ears with her fingers.

“Mhmmm! That’s according to him...” you pointed Chanyeol who just passed in front of you.

“What?” he shrugged.

“Just go wherever you are going!” Seri hissed.

“Ehhh?” Chanyeol scratched his nape. “What’s wrong with you?” he smirked and went out the door. ‘Must be that time of the month again… Tch!’

“Anyway…” Seri continued. “Those two keep coming back than what I expected. They’re the only human beings whom the guys welcome here with arms wide open, drooling, and dumbstruck as soon as they laid eyes on them.”

Your eyebrows furrowed. “Uhmmm… No! They welcomed Jiwon and Krystal remember?”

“Uhmmm… No!” Seri retaliated. “Jiwon was Sehun’s stalker so she proved herself first before everyone let her in. Second, Krystal was not human…she was half alien, half , remember?”

“Oh right…” you tugged Seri and head to the kitchen. “Look sis… As long as those two stay away from my hubbies and know who’s off limits around here, then they can stay.”

“Just like that?” she stopped. “Since when did you become this lax? Didn’t you notice how Draco and TenTen react every time they see them?” you nodded as response. “Then??? It should be a sign already!”

“I’m not being lax, Seri… You’re just being paranoid. How ‘bout this…” you continued pulling her. “Let’s give them one week. If something weird happens or Draco and TenTen don’t change around them, then I will kick them out myself…” she sighed. “Not just from the house but from our lives. Deal???”

Seri let out a huge sigh and stopped by the fridge. “Fine! And oh… Those two stinks like rotten fish.”

“Eewww!” you cringed and laughed.

She grabbed a milk carton and walked towards you. “No seriously! They do!” she mused. “I have a keen sense of smell y’know!”

Seri hopped on the counter top and sat while you cut some vegetables. ”You and your weird with other people’s odors.” you chuckled.

“Yah… It’s very useful!” she bragged. “This house has been very aromatic despite sweaty guys coming in and out… and to think there are two kids who poops a lot.” she chuckled and you just continued listening to her theories. “It’s just weird because none of the guys notices it.”

“You mean the soiled diapers?” you teased.

“Ani!” she took a sip from the glass of milk. “Those girls! They do really stink! Blech!” she made faces.

“Don’t ask me! I don’t go around smelling people” you laughed, she eye rolled. “Oh c’mon Seri… I don’t have any business with them so I don’t talk to them nor I go near them!” you shook your head in disbelief. “And enough with smells and odors already. It’s major creepy!”

She grabbed a carrot stick and munched on it. “Whatever… I’m just sayin…”

“Yah! That’s for LuLu! Aish!” you scolded and she just stuck her tongue out. “Speaking of which… Call Suho and Luhan. I need help with dinner.”

“Yes ma’am!” she quickly left her seat and went out. “By the way! Jiwon is also coming over.”

“Got it!” you hollered back.

Fortunately, Hyomin and Eunjung left before dinner so there were no whines and harassment from your sister the entire night.

Seri on the other hand couldn’t help but be bothered by the mere existence of the two ladies. There’s something about them that gives her the scary chills, the same vibe she got with Krystal from years ago minus the eerie stench.

She was sitting with Jiwon on the porch, holdings mugs of hot chocolate while staring at the stars. “Jiwon-ah… Is it just me or Hyomin and Eunjung are unlikely to be humans?”

Jiwon was taken aback but rather calm than surprise. “Ehh? What do you mean?”

“I dunno… Something tells me they’re not what everybody think they are...” she added.

“Aigoo Seri-ah…” she then placed an arm around her shoulder. “Hanging out with Forces and Warriors is not good for you at all.” she snorted.

“Oh c’mon Jiwonnie! Not you too!” she scoffed. “I was thinking all this time that I have your back. Pft!”

Jiwon let out an amused laugh and pulled her closer. “Come here girl… Look… You always have my back. No doubt about that!” they looked at each other. “And believe it or not, I do believe you.” Seri’s eyes lit up and Jiwon continued. “But that does not necessarily mean you’re right.”

Seri’s face dropped. “Hold up! Now I’m confused.”

Jiwon held your sister’s chin up this time. “Well… I also feel that those two aren’t humans… But unless we have solid evidence to prove it, then we can’t do anything about it.”

Seri sighed and watch the stars again. “Aigoo… this is one of those times that I wish I have superhuman ability like reading minds so that everything is easy.” she murmured.

Jiwon simply patted her back and thought. ‘Don’t worry Seri-ah. Everything’s gonna be fine. You have me… I won’t let anything happen to all of you. Promise!’