Sunshine To Darkness

Two Moons And The Mermaids

“Hi babe… What’s for dinner?”” Yongguk whispered.

“A lot!” you giggled, seeing the long table filled with dishes. “Jiwon and Suho cooked for us.”

He looked to the front, thanking the chefs of the night. “Komawo Jiwonnie…Thanks bro!”

“You’re welcome, oppa!” she replied.

“No biggie, bro!” Suho followed.

Yongguk took a seat and held your hand on one side. “Tsah! Let’s say grace…”

Everyone bowed their heads and you took that moment to look around the cramp dining room. Tao and Kai sat on both sides of Seri. They held her hands as tender and warm as they could, Kirsten sat on Kris’ lap, Draco on Luhan who was on your other side, Chanyeol and Baekhyun kept elbowing each other, DO and Jiwon sat side by side, firmly holding hands while Sehun taking a jealous peek, Xiumin and Daehyun keeping a stare at a huge bowl of fried rice, and the rest just stayed in their own little worlds.

Watching Exo and BAP coming together after all those years made you feel warm. There’s that everlasting sunshine inside of you, giving a purpose not to be afraid of anything. It’s like having a permanent smile on your face that whatever comes your way, it will never vanish.

You bowed and closed your eyes. ‘Thank you for the giving me so many reasons to keep living. For people to live for. For something to fight for. Please keep our family safe and healthy, always.’

“Amen…” Yongguk finished.

“AMEN!” everyone chorused.

Luhan clapped and beam. “Let’s dig in!”

 

When dinner finished, the boys decided to leave the girls out of doing chores. The husbands even volunteered to wash the kids before going to bed.

“Ahhhh~” you breathed, smelling the fresh air by the porch.

Jiwon and Seri just stood a few meters, pacing back and forth believing it will burn the calories they had for dinner.

“Jiwon-ah…I heard Sehun oppa was a lot nicer to you these days.” Seri said.

“I guess so…” she shrugged.

“I also heard Hyomin and Eunjung were a lot meaner to you.” your sister added.

It made you straightened up, looking at Jiwon who suddenly froze.

“Ehh? Uhmmm?” she scratched the side of her head.

Seri walked and held her arm. “Yah… Are those two bullying you?”

Jiwon frantically raised her hands, as if protesting. “A-aniyo! I swear! We’re just not that close…”

You stood upon seeing her anxious eyes, approaching her. “Im Jiwon… We’re the last person you should keep a secret from. Trust me. You don’t want keeping secrets especially having Exo and BAP around.”

She let out a huge sigh of relief and each held your hands. “Sehee unnie…Seri-ah…There’s really nothing you should worry about. I can take care of myself.” She smiled and giggled. “Besides, I have DO and Sehun by my side.”

You and Seri looked at each other rather amused. “Wooooo…”

“Well…Sehun and I are still awkward but at least we’re not at war anymore.” Jiwon added.

You spread your arms out, reaching each of the girls’ shoulders. “Aigoo~ You guys are so adorable. What will I ever do without you…Kyaaaaa~”

“Awwww!” Jiwon replied with tight hugs.

Seri, however, looked at her bestfriend. “Im Jiwon…I’m warning you.” She pointed at her face. “There’s nothing wrong in fighting back. The reason why those es doesn’t touch me or Sehee unnie is because they know we will not hold back against them. Don’t show weakness in front of them. Araseo!”

Jiwon merely laughed. “Yeah…Whatever…”

Luhan came out with Tao and DO. “Hey ladies!” he went to you then gave a hug from behind. “Babe…It’s late already. Let’s go to sleep.”

“Same with you, hun.” Tao carefully tugged Seri by her wrist.

“I’ll take you home, Jiwon. It’s getting late.” DO walked over her and placed a jacket. “Gaja!”

“Leaving already?” a thin, pitchy voice said.

Seri immediately eyerolled, Jiwon sighed, and you turned around. “Just great…” you murmured.

Who else would cause such a negative impact but Eunjung who just came through the gate. “C’mon you guys! It’s still early!”

Seri turned to her with a raised eyebrow. “You must be living in a different time zone! Either that or you don’t know how to tell time. Gosh!” she ce again and pulled Tao this time. “Let’s go honey. Time to make babies…”

You snorted and started to walk towards the smaller house. “G’night Seri! Bye Jiwonnie!” Luhan just shook his head with a playful smile, following you.

DO chuckled and also locked his fingers with Jiwon. “Aigooo… Girls…”

Eunjung’s eyes went to Jiwon from head to toe as they passed her.

They met eyes and the latter replied with a slight bow. “Annyeong~”