Big Mistake

Two Moons And The Mermaids

When weekend came, everyone decided to head out for quality time. The maknaes left with Lay to a nearby shopping mall. BAP took Draco to an indoor gym to shoot some hoops. The husbands took you on a date which leaves Kirsten to the rest of Exo.

You were walking with Yongguk towards a cinema when he noticed you chewing your lip. “Babe… Are you okay?”

“No…” you stopped and looked back. “I don’t think it’s a good idea leaving TenTen with the guys…”

He placed an arm around your shoulder and pulled you to follow the leading three. “Relax Sehee… We wouldn’t leave her if we know she’s not safe.”

“I know that… I trust DO, Xiumin, and Baek! But Chanyeol? Chen?” your shoulders dropped.

“Hey…” Yongguk rubbed your arm. “Chanyeol can be super happy at times but I know he will be the first one to catch a bullet for Kirsten and Draco. And Chen? He can be the biggest troll but he’s the strictest out of the guys.”

“I hope so too, Bang…” you sighed. “Do you know where they’re taking her?”

He shrugged. “No idea… We left the house earlier than them remember?”

“Oh right…”

“Yah!” Luhan called. “What’s keeping you back there?”

“Sehee’s being a drama queen again!” Yongguk replied, you elbowed him. “I mean, we’re coming!” he chuckled and pulled your wrist.

-----------

Back home, the remaining Exos watched Kirsten as she stand on top of the glass table in the living room. They each have their arms crossed on their chests to scrutinize her outfit of the day.

“Hmmm…” DO grumbled. “Floral dress, super yeppeo… Ballet flats, super fab! Damn I’m so good!”

“Baek!” Xiumin sneered. “Were you the one who did her hair?”

“Mhmmm!” he replied and grinned. “It’s not perfect but she still looks decent!”

They scowled at him.

“Dude!” Chen hissed. “Lopsided pigtails are never decent!”

‘I’m sorry dear…’ Kekemato came out of nowhere and hopped on the table. ‘I think you’re forever stuck with horrendous pigtails! Lemme fix this for yah…’ she moved so fast that they can hardly follow what she was doing especially when they could only see her back.

‘Seems like it… My uncles need to learn something new.’ the little girl thought. ‘Thanks by the way…’

After finishing, Kekemato turned to Baekhyun and slowly dusted her hands.

“Dude!” Chen spoke. “I think the bunny did a better job than you!”

“Waaayyyy better!” Chanyeol added making them snort altogether.

“Whatever!” Baekhyun moved and carried Kirsten out of the house. “My niece is still the prettiest even if I give her the stupidest hairstyle! Pft!”

Everyone followed him.

“Yeol!” Xiumin called. “Don’t forget Kirsten’s stuff!”

“Got it already!” Chanyeol replied and wore a backpack filled with baby necessities.

They left the house at around noon and after taking a 30 minute bus ride, the group finally arrived at their destination.

“Are you sure about this?” DO asked.

They were standing outside a gate, looking up at a huge ‘Welcome’ arc.

“I think being in a zoo is a big mistake…” Baekhyun worried.

“Oh c’mon guys!” Chanyeol beamed. “This is the perfect place for TenTen!” their attention went to him. “Look… This will be the perfect venue to see if she can control her ability. Besides, the puppy next door just died, so this will help her!”

“More like torture her!” Xiumin scolded. “She must be going crazy from all the animals that are talking to her from the other side!”

Then there eyes went to the little girl who was frozen in Chen’s arms. “TenTen? I know that you don’t talk that much… but this is the best time to do so.”

Kekemato smacked her head. ‘God forbid ! I wouldn’t mind killing an Exo right now! Grrrr!’

Xiumin smacked his head. “What the hell?”

‘Thank god for Xiumin!’ the bunny raised her arms in the air as if worshipping.

“I just wanna know how she feels?! Aish!” Chen rubbed the spot.

“I seriously can’t with you guys!” Xiumin took the little girl and look at her eye to eye. “Wanna go inside?”

Kirsten paused for a bit to look at the entrance, and later nodded but hesitant.

‘Are you sure?’ Kekemato asked.

‘Yeah… I think I can handle it.’ she smiled.

Okay… But lemme know right away if you feel something weird…’ her pet added.

‘Neehhh…’ she then hugged Xiumin, resting her chin on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry baby… Uncle Baozi won’t let anything happen to you.” he patted her back. “Let’s go guys!”

Kekemato zipped up her ninja suit and trailed Exo. She was so keen in observing their surroundings that she can memorize every person’s face. She can sense danger from yards away with her sharp senses. ‘Shoplifter eh? How low can humans get? Tch!’ she smirked at a man from a distant souvenir shop.

On the other hand, Xiumin, who was still carrying Kirsten, walked ahead with DO while Chen, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun followed them. Their soft giggles turned to loud laughs as they get deeper into the zoo.

“Hyung!” DO whispered. “Is it just me or those three are having the time of their lives?”

They turned and saw them pointing at a picture of a dinosaur, holding their tummies in laughter.

“Uwaaaa~ I used to ride on that one back in Exo!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“It’s Suho hyung! Kekeke!” Chen snickered. “Look TenTen! it’s daddy!”

The little girl watched him with furrowed eyebrows, wondering. “Suho Dada?”

“Yup! Suho Daddy is old!” he beamed. “Like a dinosaur!”

The three stooges laughed. “PWAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Xiumin eyerolled and left. ‘Why does it feel like I’m babysitting four kids?’ he sighed.

They reached another section of the zoo with a safari theme. They passed caged animals that were a lot intimidating than those from the bird sanctuary. Kirsten had to cling onto Xiumin tighter and would sometimes cover her ears.

“Are you scared?” he asked, she quickly nodded. “Let’s get outta here then!”

Xiumin and DO walked faster while the three stopped at every cage they pass. “Uwaaa~ That is so like me!” Chanyeol pointed the lion. “Majestic and god-like!”

“Ani!” Baekhyun smirked. “You look so much like that!” he pointed a meerkat standing in both feet with huge eyes looking straight at them. “Timid and peasant-like!”

Chen snorted from behind. “Dude… He’s more like a giraffe…  Long and lady-like…”

“YAH!!!” Chanyeol fumed and pushed Baekhyun’s arm. “Well you look exactly like that one!” he pointed a flamingo. “Pink and gay-like!”

“Mworago!!!”

Before they break into a fight, Kekemato squeezed in between them. ‘Goddamnit Kirsten! Your uncles are killing me! Urrggghhhh!!!’

They watched as the bunny drag her feet away from them with hunched shoulders. “Something tells me Keke is losing her patience…” Chen gulped.

“Yeah… Let’s keep moving!” Baekhyun added.

They were a few feet away from Xiumin and DO when Chanyeol spotted something that caught his eyes. “Look TenTen! It’s daddy again!”

All of them stopped to see what he was pointing.

“Wae dada?” the little girl wondered.

“It’s Lulu!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “A deer! See?”

Xiumin turned back and continued walking. “Don’t mind Uncle Yeollie. He’s on drugs!”

“That’s a gazelle! You idiot!” Baekhyun lectured.

“Jeungmal?” he scratched his nape. “But they look the same… Right?” he looked at Chen.

The latter merely slapped his forehead.