Outnumbered

Two Moons And The Mermaids

“Run Seri! RUN!!!” you shouted. “Take Kirsten outta here! GO!!!”

 You hid behind a huge tree hoping to buy enough time for your sister to escape.

 “Mommy…” the little girl cried softly, jaws quivering in fear.

 “Mommy’s gonna be okay. Just let Aunti Seri take you home for now…” you quickly spoke and placed a kiss on her forehead. “Seri go! Please take her home and get Suho, Kris, everybody!!!”

 “What about you?” she panicked.

 Looking beyond your hiding spot was frightening in many ways. Masked men armed with bats scouring the entire park for you and Seri clearly means danger. ‘! Who are they? What do they want?’

 You took a full deep breath and held Seri’s face. “I’ll be fine… We need to separate or we’ll all be in trouble. I can’t let anything happen to you and Kirsten. Just go!” you begged.

 She was left with no choice and heaved a sigh instead. “Fine! But be careful, okay?”

 You forced a smile.

 Seri did as instructed. She sprinted with the little girl locked in her arms and never looked back.

 While watching her gradually disappear gave you less things to worry. Then thoughts on how to survive on your own came in next. You can hear footsteps and threatening voices ringing in your ears making your heart beating so fast. ‘I can’t let them near Seri. I gotta distract them…’ you gulped. How else are you gonna do it but with bare hands and a lot of luck. ‘I just hope the guys will be here soon…’

 With all the stored courage in your system, you moved out and took a stance. Your eyes widened at the opponent you could hardly count. ‘Four? Five? Eight maybe? Aish molla!’

 At that point in time, only masked men wearing black from head to toe was all your eyes could see. Bullets of sweat drip at the side of your face, your feet firmly planted on the grass.

 One man came running so fast with a bat on hand. He tripled your size and the weapon itself gave him an advantage.

 ‘!’ you side stepped just in time and launched a solid upper cut on his chin.

 “UGH!!!” he gasped, dropping the bat.

 You quickly grabbed the bat and hit him square in the head. Blood gushed out of his mouth then he fell to the ground, passed out.

 ‘Keep your momentum, Sehee…’ the voice of Suho during training kept playing in your head. ‘Focus and watch your back!’

 That’s when you looked over your shoulder. Two men were fast approaching and all you could do was bend and kick their knees.

 You heard a crack and they both fell, swinging your bat on their heads.

 ‘Good job babe!’ Suho cheered. ‘That's three… Hang in there! You got this!’

 What seemed like only minutes took forever. You dodged, parried, even had to back flip at one point to stay alive. But the shots in your body drained the adrenaline fueling your rage. Fighting bigger men who were a lot more aggressive took a toll despite months of training. Your lungs were running out of oxygen. Your legs and arms were burning from all the kicks and punches you were throwing. The blood dripping from your lips proved to be weakening. ‘Guys… Where are you?’

 You faltered a step back and suddenly fell on one knee. “! Urrgghh!”

 “SEHEEEE!!!” Yongguk shouted.

 “Oh my god… NOONAAAA!!!” Sehun added, bewildered.

 Forces and Warriors landed just a few yards away and saw you lying on the ground, enemies blindly attacking your protective barrier. All of them were hungry for a fight and what better way to do it than making pay the people who touched a single hair from you.

 “You piece of ! I’m gonna kill all you!” Kris gritted his teeth, flying like a jet to his target.

 “This gon’ be good!” Youngjae smirked and high fived Xiumin.

 As you felt your barrier slowly fade and anvils dropping on your lids, an image in slow motion came up. “Lu…h-han…”

 “Babe…” he shook you. “Yah! Sehee! Stay with me!”

 Despite the surroundings being all chaotic from the growls of the Forces and vicious attacks of the Warriors, you heard nothing but Luhan’s voice. “Hwang Sehee! Stay with me damn it!”

 Seeing his eyes calmed you. It was sullen, peaceful, and you knew that it’s over. “M-Miahnae…” you murmured, a tear dropped on the corner of your eye. “I’m really s-sorry…”

 “Sshhh…” he fixed your hair. “It’s okay babe. You did great… I’m sorry we’re late…”

 “N-No…” you shook your head.

 Luhan planted a kiss on your cheek and whispered. “Let’s go home okay?” you nodded.

 An armed man saw him stood up while carrying you bridal style. He stormed straight at him, slitting eyes aimed at your husband.

 He never thought Luhan already saw him even before making his first step. ‘er!’ Just in time, he slightly turned and delivered a round house. The opponent flew where he came from, unconscious. “You messed with the wrong girl. Tch!”

 Upon seeing Luhan ready to leave, Kris ordered everybody else. “Kill them all!”

 “NEEHHHH!!!” they chorused.