Drifting

Two Moons And The Mermaids

While Exo’s maknae suffer his third heartbreak, another member was on cloud nine.

DO and Jiwon are totally glued to each other. He takes her to school, brings her a specially made lunchbox, helps with homework, and even after walking her home, he gets to join her family for dinner.

“Woooo~ DO is by far the sweetest and nicest among the guys!” Seri remarked while the three of you sat in the bakeshop, watching him behind the counter carefully decorating a dozen cupcake just for Jiwon.

“…and a gentleman! Hands down!” you agreed.

“No way!” Suho suddenly came, taking a seat beside you and pulling you closer to his side.

“I second that!” Kai also came behind Seri, tilting her backwards and planted a kiss on her lips. “That should change your mind.”

Seri grinned to her friend. “Sorry girl! Dancing slash kissing machine is still the best!”

“I think DO is still the best...” Jiwon muttered, biting her lip.

Everyone’s jaw dropped.

“Holy diapers of TenTen…” Kai gawked. “DO actually did it!”

You scooted in Suho’s chest, keeping a stare to her. “So you’re saying you like DO now?”

Her eyes moved from left to right, clearly confused. “I dunno… Maybe…”

“Heellooooo Im Jiwon!” Seri knocked her temple. “Can’t you tell the difference between love and friendship?”

“Aish molla!” Jiwon scratched her head. “Can we stop talking about this? What’s important is that he likes me and I like him! Period!”

“Wooooo~” all of you cooed.

“DO!!!” Kai hollered all of a sudden.

DO rushed to your table, wiping both hands on his apron. “Neh?”

Kai kicked a chair beside Jiwon and forced him to sit. “Kiss her!”

“MWOH???” both DO and Jiwon were stunned.

You and Suho giggled on the side, while Seri crossed her arms on the table, resting her chin on it. “This gon’ be good!’

“Yah! Hwang Seri!” she glared at her.

“What??? It’s just a kiss! Besides! You told us you like each other so it won’t do you any harm! Tch!”

“In public?” Jiwon gritted her teeth. “Are you serious?”

“Oh sweetie, do I look I’m joking? And what are you scared of?” your sister grinned, and Jiwon’s eyes rounded to her in warning. “Aaahhhh… Don’t worry! It’s gonna be DO’s first kiss as well. Kekeke!” she snickered.

“Well what do you know!” Kai teased. “Dude! Be a man!”

After delivering a death glare, DO shifted to Jiwon with eyes that could melt anyone’s heart and held her hand as gentle as he can be. “It’s true that I never kissed a girl in my life and now I know who will be my first… but that doesn’t mean I will be yours.”

‘Awwww~ DO is such a sweetheart…’ you pouted.

“Maannnn… You’re making me look bad! Pft!” Kai scoffed.

“Shut the up!” DO hissed.

Jiwon dropped her head for a smile and came back staring to him. “I don’t mind…”she mouthed.

It was then that everyone saw DO’s hands slowly creeping up to Jiwon’s neck, holding her ever so soothing. It’s also the first time seeing this side of him, very calm, at ease, and willing to give up everything.

“Babe?” Suho murmured. “You should never be jealous coz you have me.”

“I know!” you rose to plant a kiss on his jaw.

With their faces less than a breath away, he took a moment to stare at her. He has never been this close, much less holding the most precious soul in his hands.

Their eyes fluttered, taking a breath, and he tilted his head.

“Sehun-ah!”

Everyone moved out of trance when Youngjae called from a distance after seeing Sehun walk out of the shop.

Jiwon’s head turned to the door as if on cue and saw him disappearing in seconds.

“Sorry about that…” you said. “He’s been through a lot…”

“Yeah… I heard.” Jiwon continued without leaving her sight on the window. 'I hope he's okay though...'

“Too bad they didn’t kiss!” Kai whispered, getting a solid elbow on the gut. “Ow! Sorry babe…”

“I’m not talking to you anymore! Urgh!” Seri stood.

“I said I’m sorry…” he followed and they bickered.