Patching Up

Two Moons And The Mermaids

 

The following day, the maknaes grew curious when Sehun voluntarily joined them. He was present during short breaks, lunch, even their usual visits to the school library.

However, he was back in his old self giving Jiwon the cold treatment. He acts as if she doesn’t exist. He doesn’t talk to her, walks pass her like she’s a nobody, doesn’t even spare a quick glance.

“At least oppa is not hurting her anymore…” Seri told Tao during one of their breaks. “…like literally.”

“Yeah… I guess silence treatment will work for now…” he replied.

On the other side of the campus, Jiwon was making a mad dash to her next class. She was panting hard while hugging her books with one hand, and clinging onto her tote bag with the other. ‘! Mr. Kwon will kill me if I’m late again! Aish!’

With high heels on, she took a final sprint at a blind curve.

*PAK*

She felt like hitting a brick wall.

“Aahhhh!” she yelped.

Jiwon landed hard on her and despite the throbbing pain, she quickly stood and bowed. “Jwesunghaeyo! Jwesunghaeyo!” she repeatedly bowed and that’s when she noticed her belongings scattered on the floor. ‘Great!’

“YAAHHHH!!!” a voice thundered. “Can’t you watch where you’re going? AISH!!!”

Jiwon looked back up and continued apologizing to a guy two years her senior. “I really didn’t mean it. Please accept my apologies!”

“You hoobaes are careless and rude!” he scolded. “I should teach you a lesson!” he raised a hand, swung it to her face, and Jiwon closed her eyes.

“Do it!” a deep sneering voice threatened.

She opened her eyes and was astonished. “Se-Sehun?”

He was standing right in front of her, holding the guy’s wrist and glaring at him. “Do it so you’ll know how my fist tastes like!”

“Mwoh?” the guy infuriated. “You disrespectful bastard!” he swung another arm.

Sehun swiftly pushed him, making him land to the ground. “Don’t make me repeat myself or you’ll know how my foot up your feels like!”

It was more than enough to scare him so he quickly stood and ran away.

When Sehun turned, he saw Jiwon frantically gathering her stuff. “Eotteokke! I’m getting late already!” she murmured. “Baboya Im Jiwon!”

He crouched to help her. “So you’d rather get hit than miss 5 minutes of class? Your logic is unbelievable!”

She took her notebook from him and bowed. “I’m so sorry Sehun… I shouldn’t cause you any more trouble…”

“WILL YOU STOP APOLOGIZING!” he fumed, and stood. “You look stupid and weak!”

Jiwon slowly rose and kept her head down. “I’m sor…” she gulped. “Errmmmm... I have to go…”

‘Aiisshhhh!!!’ he clench his teeth, and after deeply breathing his anger, he grabbed her wrist.

“W-Where are you taking me?” she wobbled behind him. “Se-Sehun? W-Wae?”

When they reached a deserted clearing, he secured an arm around her waist. “Hold on!”

“Huh???” she was yet to make a reaction when she lost a breath.

Sehun took Jiwon for a quicker way to her classroom. They soared up in the sky after he lifted off the ground. With his arms around her, she pressed her forehead on his chest and shut her eyes. ‘Oh Lord! Don’t let me die! I’m too young to die! Jebal!’ She was too scared to rejoice at the thought of flying with Sehun. But the scent of his sweet perfume kept her sanity intact.

His touch softened around her when he noticed how stiff she was. He even noticed how hard she was breathing.

He smirked.

In just seconds, they landed behind a building and Sehun stepped back. “You’re just in time.”

Jiwon bowed once again. “K-Kamsahamnida…”

Without saying a word or sparing her a glance, he took another huge leap.

‘Tch! No wonder why they never get late!’ she sighed afterwards. ‘Aigooo Sehunnie~ You’re just making it hard for me to get over you.’

-----------

“Wonder what happened that made my brother change all of sudden…” Seri tapped her chin as she walk with Jiwon in the corridor since it was dismissal.

“I dunno…” she shrugged.

Seri raised an eyebrow with last night’s image in her head. “Oh really? Did you by any chance lost a handkerchief?”

Jiwon’s eyes rounded to the floor, moving from side to side. “Errmmm… Not that I know of… W-Wae?”

“It’s just that Sehun oppa brought something home last night which I thought was yours!” Jiwon coughed. “But that’s impossible right? I must be mistaken…”

“Right!” she snapped her fingers. “The likelihood of that happening is about as good as finding a unicorn dancing on a rainbow.”

 “Of course!” Seri placed an arm above her shoulder and skipped out of the campus. ‘You can’t hide from me, Im Jiwon! Something is up with you and my childish brother! I know it!’

They finally reached the bakeshop and settled themselves in a corner. Since there were a handful of customers, BAP came by to join them. Xiumin and Chen played with new recipes in the kitchen, while DO was alone behind the counter, putting icing on several cupcakes.

“Hi DO-Shi!” Jiwon came, shaking her mug. “Can I get a refill for my coffee?”

“Ehh? Didn’t you know that too much coffee isn’t good?” he told her.

“This is actually the first time I heard it…” she side eyed him. “Yah! Is this your way of getting rid of me? Well it’s not working, mister!”

DO frantically waved. “Aniyo! It’s true!” he took her cup. “How ‘bout a cappuccino instead? It has less caffeine...” she looked up in thought. “I’ll also teach you how to make a leaf!”

“Jinjja!” she quickly decided. “Okay!”

Jiwon moved behind the counter and after filling the cup, DO placed it in front of her. He also gave her a pitcher of milk." Shake your wrist to move the pitcher back and forth, with a slight backwards motion. A heart design should begin to form." he instructed.

"Huh???" she asked.

Jiwon was completely clueless on what to do so DO stood behind her. He gently held her hand, and breathlessly watched over her shoulder as they gradually pour the milk together.

"Nice... and slow..." DO whispered.

Jiwon could already feel his heart beating against her back, his warm breath passing through her hair, his angelic voice singing in her ear. 'Why is it so hot in here?' she blew out an air.

BAP and the maknaes were watching them. Jiwon was all smiles, DO was on top of the world.

“Aigooo~ DO is about to hit second base! Kyaaaaa!” Himchan praised.

“Yeah… They’re cute too!” Seri remarked.

Sehun stood and kicked his chair backwards. He walked out of the shop with his glare making a comeback.

“Aaaahhhhh…” Youngjae opened his palms as if worshipping. “The sweet scent of jealousy is so fresh!”