Soften

Two Moons And The Mermaids

Then came another busy week. You were once again stuck at home doing chores and playing with the kids. The bakeshop team was back in action, and the maknaes went to school as always.

Since Seri and Jiwon were inseparable, Sehun took the liberty of avoiding them as much as possible. Kai and Zelo would check on him at times but he was mostly nowhere to be found. They would only see him at home and rarely during lunch time.

One afternoon at the bakeshop, they were doing homework when Seri noticed Jiwon looking at the window. “Something wrong?”

“Huh?” she snapped. “Errmmm… It’s nothing…” she forced a smile and went back to her notes.

“Aigooo Jiwonnie...” Seri crossed both arms on the table. “We’ve been friends for too long and I know something’s bothering you. What is it?”

The boys also stopped to watch them.

“I uhmmm…” she bit her lower lip, looking back to the window. “I’m wondering where Sehun is…”

All of you thought that as days goes by, Jiwon will get over your brother and would continue being the quirky and lively girl she once was. But it seems unlikely to happen.

Seri was touched at the amount of attention she was giving him despite being treated badly. “Hey…” she touched her hand. “I’m pretty sure Sehun oppa is doing fine. He’s a Force remember?”

Jiwon’s lips curled up. “Yeah… Of course he is…”

“Oh by the way!” Seri beamed. “We’ll be going on a trip this weekend. Wanna come?”

“Wae? Where?” she wondered.

Zelo butted in. “It’s Daehyun hyung’s post birthday celebration! We’re going swimming!”

“Jinjja? That would be fun!” she said but later dropped her shoulders. “But I can’t…”

“But why???” Seri spoke.

“It’s a weekend. You know that weekends are the only time I could see mom and dad.” she sighed.

Seri opened for an argument but Tao explained. “Babe… Parents are more important. Jiwon needs to spend time with them.”

“Okay…” Seri gave up. “It would’ve been fun though…”

“How ‘bout this…” Jiwon negotiated. “I’ll bring you mom’s chocolate chip cookies! Lots of them!”

Seri’s face lit up. “Jeungmal?” her friend nodded. “Deal! Tell eomeoni to add more chocolates for me!”

“Got it!” they high fived.

----------

When darkness seeped in, the maknaes left early to head home. Jiwon separated from them like she always do and took the same route to her apartment.

She had her ears covered by a pair of headphones while hugging a thick book of the Iliad and Odyssey.

Never did she realize that three fully grown men have been following her. They have tattoos all over their arms, chests that were bulging from heavy work out, and hands as big as her head.

They were already talking about ways how to abduct, strangle, even her, but given the booming music from her Ipod, Jiwon was totally clueless.

She took a final turn into an alley which was a block away from her place. She even took her keys from her tote bag since the door from her apartment was already on sight. “Aigooo~ What a tiring day…”

Sehun was on his way home when his ears picked up a voice humming to an upbeat song. ‘Great! That girl is now haunting me! Urrgghhh!’ he grabbed his hair in annoyance.

That same voice turned into a throat trembling scream. “AAAACCCKKKK!!!”

His head turned to the same direction and his heart instantly pounded against his chest. It was a combination of fear and adrenaline, knowing it was something bad. ‘Where are you Im Jiwon? !!!’

“NOOOOOOOO!!!” another scream of terror erupted.

He took a moment to close his eyes and focus. Everything disappeared, leaving a particular spot where the voice originated. With his superhuman senses, Sehun jumped so high without even thinking if someone will spot him. All he ever wanted was to save her.

He landed on an alley and his forever intense glare went straight to a man, straddling a petite girl, pinning her to the ground. His fingers curled into a solid ball, and his feet started to increase in pace. ‘Scumbags!!!’

Sehun became one with his element. He ran with the wind and snatched the man away from her. The two remaining men were caught by surprise and could hardly understand what’s going on.

Next thing they know, their companion fell from the sky, lifeless.

Jiwon was catching her breath and pushing herself off the ground when one of them grabbed her hair. “NOOOOO! LET GO OF MEEEE!!!”

That same man disappeared and also ended up lifeless on top of the first attacker.

At that point, Jiwon knew who it was. “Se…Sehun?”

He reappeared in front of her with his back facing her. He has his eyes on the last man who was just 3 feet away from him. “Sorry! But I can’t let you go after what you have just witnessed.” he gritted his teeth.

The man kneeled looking up to him with palms pressed together. “I won’t tell anyone! I swear! Please don’t kill me!”

Every nerve in Jiwon’s body was completely shaking and when Sehun sensed her knees giving up, he swiftly grabbed her wrist in time. Despite his burning anger, he was still gentle and careful. Her eyes went straight to it in disbelief. The close proximity they share and the fact that he was holding her gave the boost she needed.

“Please don’t kill me!” the man kept begging, slowly lowering his hands.

“What assurance can you give me that you will keep your mouth shut?” Sehun questioned, his grip loosened.

“I’m a man of my word! Trust me!” he said, subtly grabbing a knife from his waistline.

“I don’t trust humans!” Sehun released Jiwon’s hand and grabbed the attacker’s neck, slowly raising him off the ground.

“SEHUN WATCH OUT!!!” Jiwon yelled at the top of her voice.

His eyes caught a glimmering blade swinging straight at him. He shoved it with his other hand and quickly snapped the man’s neck. “SSHHHITTT!!!”

The blade dropped on the ground and so did another dead body… followed by trickles of blood.

Jiwon shifted in front of Sehun and pressed her hand on his bleeding arm. “AAHHHH!” he flinched.

“Miahnae…” she snatched a hanky from her pocket and hurriedly wrapped it around the deep slash. “I have to stop the bleeding…”

Sehun watches intently and his glares slowly vanished when her eyes glistened in tears. Jiwon was noticeably scared from the ordeal and worried for him at the same time. But, she was very cautious not to make him feel any pain. She was very gentle even with her chest raging like a machine. ‘I’m so sorry Sehun! I’m so sorry! You shouldn’t have gotten hurt! I’m really sorry!’ her fingers were shaking so hard and the dryness behind made it harder to handle her nerves. ‘! Keep it together, Jiwon!’ she swallowed it all and blinked her blurry vision.

‘It’s okay to cry you idiot!’ Sehun stared at her. 'I hate girls who play tough in front of me…'

She just finished tying the hanky when he grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards the door. “Lock the door, and don’t let anyone come in!”

“N-Neh???” she staggered behind him. “I mean… Neh!” Jiwon never had the opportunity to apologize to him so she took it right then and there. “Se-Sehun?” he stopped.

“I’m sorry…” she said.

He took a deep breath and continued walking without saying a word. “And… T-Thank you…” she added.

He stopped once again right in front of the door and opened it. “It’s in my nature to protect the weak. Don’t expect too much.”

After stepping in front of him, Jiwon bowed her head and went in her apartment.

Sehun had his back facing the door and when he heard it being locked, he looked over his shoulder. ‘If you have been stalking me for years, you should’ve known by now that I have already forgiven you.’

----------

“Where have you been?” Baekhyun met Sehun at the door. “Don’t you know what time is it?” the maknae ignored him and noticed a streak of blood dripping on his arm as he walked passed him. “Holy ! YAH! What happened to you?” he carefully held his shoulders and supported him to the living room. “LAY HYUNG!!! PPALLI!!!”

“Hyung… I’m okay…” Sehun said. “It’s nothing!”

BAP were in the same room and was also shocked to his arm. “SEHUN-AH!!!” Himchan gawked.

Everyone’s noses were so keen that just by a smell of blood, the living room suddenly got cramped.

“Aish! I said I’m okay!” he chuckled and saw you very worried. “Noona… I’m really okay. It’s just a minor cut!”

You left with the kids and passed Suho. “Talk to him babe…”

Sehun was sitting in the middle of the couch while Lay nursed his wound. He gently took the bloody handkerchief and set it at the table.

“What the hell happened???” Suho demanded.

Their maknae sighed. “I was on my way home when I saw three scumbags so I killed them!”

“MWOH???” they all chorused. “Can you elaborate on that one?” Kris added.

“I said, it’s nothing!” he chuckled. But none of them took it lightly. All of them vowed not to take someone’s life only if someone is threatened or hurt. Even Lay who was busy closing his cut was very skeptical. “Fine!” he eyerolled. “I saw three men, assaulting a girl and if I didn’t come earlier, she might’ve been already.” he choked at the chilling thought.

“What did you do with the bodies?” Yongguk asked.

“I left them where they belonged!” he smirked.

Their attention went to the TV screen when a flash report came on. “Three bodies were discovered inside a dumpster who appears to be gangsters. Police were investigating what happened but no clues were found…”

‘That was fast!’ Sehun thought.

The leaders blew out a huge sigh of relief and Lay patted his arm. “Good as new!”

“Thanks hyung!” he said.

Seri saw the floral designed hanky and the embroidered letters on it. ‘I. J. W.’ she read. ‘Well what do you know?!’ she smirked.