Petrified

Two Moons And The Mermaids

Jiwon entered through the fence, walking towards the bigger house. Curiosity struck when she noticed the eerie silence. It never existed ever since superhumans with high levels of testosterone habited the area. Even when the guys are asleep, loud snores shook the ceiling. ‘Why is it so quiet? Wonder what they’re up to.’

She popped her head upon opening the door, her eyes searching the area. “Errmmm…Guys? Anybody home?”

The living room was empty. TV off, lampshade dim, even the couch was unusually tidy. The dining room on the other side was also empty. Empty table, well arranged chairs, only droplets of water from the faucet can be heard.

“Hello? Anybody?” ‘Where are they?’ Jiwon walked in, making her way up to the stairs. Her heart started to double its beats with every step she took. She had to put a hand over her chest, trying to calm down. ‘Hoooo…’ she breathed. ‘It’s nothing, Jiwon. Relax…’

She took small steps through the dark hallway. The only source of light came from the last room with its door wide open. ‘Exo must be here.’ As her pace increased, she breathed out a sigh when inaudible murmurs caught her ears. ‘At least someone’s home.’ she smiled when tensed nerves turned to excitement.

Jiwon entered the room as if seeing her parents from a very long vacation. “YAH! I’ve been looking for you guys! What are you do..ing…” her speech got cut off. Xiumin, Lay, Jongup, Youngjae and Daehyun laid on their beds, eyes wide open, staring blankly at the ceiling, paralysed. 2 more Exo sat side by side on the floor in a corner, holding their knees to their chests. She ran and kneeled in front of them, holding each of their faces. “DO? Sehun?” They raised their heads looking at her. “It’s me, Jiwon. Gwenchana?”

“J-Jiwon?” DO questioned, his eyebrows furrowing.

“Ji...wonnie? O-our Jiwon?” Sehun stammered.

“Yes! It’s me…What’s…” before she can even finish, the two lunged on her for hug. They were speechless and panicking, clearly helpless. Good thing Jiwon remained firm, else they all fell to the floor. “It’s okay, it’s okay. I’m here. Don’t be scared. I’m here now.”

Jiwon may not be a superhuman but it’s amazing how she was able to handle 2 Forces, squeezed in each of her arms. Seeing them unguarded, fragile, and powerless for the first time, left her with no choice but to be strong. Not a single tear fell, not an inch of fear took over. “DO-ah, Sehun-ah…” she lightly pushed them back, holding their chins up. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?”

“A-ani…” Sehun pouted.

“We’re okay…” DO agreed.

“That’s good. But what happened?” she asked, looking over her shoulder.

“I don’t know.” DO shook his head. “We were having dinner when Eunjung came. Next thing I know, I woke up here with them.”

Sehun nodded in agreement but worry filled him seeing his hyungs. “But why are they like that? Even Lay hyung! He’s the one who should help us.”

Jiwon remained composed, putting on a brave face. “Everything’s gonna be fine. Where are the others? Luhan oppa? Bang oppa? Tao? Chanyeol oppa? Where are they?”

Apparently, the husbands and Seri’s boyfriends were spared when Himchan came just on time. “They’re at the other house.” Sehun said. “Himchan hyung locked them in there. He even shut the windows. Why would he do that?”

Jiwon felt relieved. ‘Thanks oppa! I can’t do this alone, y’know.’

The worse came when they told her that Chanyeol and Chen went out with Hyomin and never came back. “Suho hyung stopped them but they ended up fighting so he let them go. What’s going on?” DO asked.

“I’ll explain everything later.” She told them. “Stay here, okay?”

They watched as Jiwon stood and removed her jacket. She tied her hair up into a bun, moving from one bed to the other. They tried to understand how a petite girl is able to nurse 5 guys who are twice her size. She closed each of their eyes, placed a pillow under their heads, supported their body as she let them sip water, she carried around a basin to wipe their faces.

Jiwon cared for them with all tenderness and DO saw how she struggled. Her hands were shaking. She kept yawning and blinking to fight her eyes from dropping. She wobbled as her tired knees trembled. He stood and went to her. “You can rest now. I’ll take over.”

She looked at her patients, now comfortably sleeping. “It’s okay. You should rest too.”

Jiwon felt warm hands snaking around her waist. “Thank you.” DO whispered. “Thank you for being here and I’m sorry…That’s all I can say to you right now. I’m so sorry. I can’t even do anything.”

She tiptoed and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Don’t be sorry. Seeing that you’re okay makes me happy. Seeing my handsome DO gives me strength.”

It’s only with Jiwon where DO exposes his feelings, his vulnerability. He is known to be cold, prudent, and poker-faced, but his warmth and affection exudes for her. ‘Oh god! This girl is driving me crazy.’ “I just love you so, so much, Jiwon. Don’t leave me, please?”

Jiwon smirked, pulling slightly away, looking at his sparkling eyes. “Babo…Where am I even gonna go? Aish!” she gently pinched his puffy cheeks. “You’re so cute~”

“Yah!” Sehun interrupted. “I have feelings too, y’know?!”