Little by Little...Slowly...

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seoul

 

Yongseo Home…

 

Another day in Seoul.

Days came quicker than expected. Today is Yonghwa and Seohyun first month in Seoul.

Yes…and two months married, two months of bickering, fighting and reconciliation days.

Sunday, it was the start of another day for everything. Including a new start to a married couple, Yonghwa and Seohyun, who slept peacefully on their shared room?

Yonghwa was first to wake from his sound sleep.

Raising his arms to his face, he rubbed his eyes sleepily before sitting up and looking round, then he smiled as he saw Seohyun sleeping peacefully like a baby.

‘Aish…this Brat…jinjia…cute like a baby when she’s sleeping…but nagger and so lazy when she’s awake…’ He thought chuckles and smiling.

He slowly got up trying not to disturb Seohyun, and he went straight to the bathroom.

Then grab some comfortable clothes to change his sleepwear.

After changing his clothes, Yonghwa walked straight into the kitchen.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yongseo Kitchen…

'I should really make something simple, fast to cook.' He thought and opened the fridge. He started to look over the shelves, what could he make today?

'Hmmnn…Maybe simple fried rice, eggs and bacons will do, right I will cook that today.' He thought, while grabbing the ingredients on the fridge.

As usual he had to prepare some foods for their breakfast, for no one else will do that for them, not even Seohyun.

Actually, he hated cooking, especially when he lived with a girl in the house, but he hated the idea of eating soggy rice and burnt dishes of Seohyun anymore.

That’s why he leaves behind the damn pride of being a man! So, he was left with no other choice but to take charge of the cooking and other household chores...

While searching for the right firm for his first job.

 

Meanwhile at Yongseo Bedroom…

 

Seohyun woke up, once her nose caught the delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. She rubbed her eyes lazily and stretched her arms above his head.

Slowly getting up, and hearing an audible crack sound from her spine, she looked around for Yonghwa, ‘where was he?’ She thought.  

But the delicious scent caught her attention again, it was so good...

Her feet led her to the kitchen where she caught Yonghwa’s cooking. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

It was a view she loved so much, someone cooking happily at the kitchen, especially when it is Yonghwa.

"Good morning…" Seohyun managed to say after she was satisfied with watching Yonghwa’s cooking.

Yonghwa turned round, only to find Seohyun leaning against the countertop, her arms crossed against her chest, with a warm smile lit up her face.

"Oh, Good morning…” Yonghwa replied before turning his attention back to his cooking.

"Hmn…it smells nice in here, what are you cooking?”  Seohyun asked.

"I'm just trying to cook fried rice, eggs and bacon for breakfast…" Yonghwa replied.

"Oh okay then, I will go clean myself up and change my clothes, do your best!" Seohyun smirked and left the kitchen as Yonghwa nodded.

‘Tch! You’re supposedly the one doing this…Brat!’ He thought.

Seohyun walked back to the bedroom and grabbed her clothes, a smile failed to leave her face.

‘The Jerk...was wearing...a cute apron...he looked so... uhm ...okay…so…handsomely cute.’ She thought.

She wandered into the bathroom and took a bath before changing her clothes. Once she was done, she walked out and went back to the kitchen.

Yonghwa still cooking, but almost finish though.

Seohyun smiled, a weird feeling building up in her heart, it was the feeling of combinations…of…joy and a heart that beating fast.

"Hey…" Seohyun called out Yonghwa.

"W-wae!"  Yonghwa was startled to find Seohyun was looking at him, confusion obvious on her face.

Shaking his head he walked over to Seohyun.__

"Why are you yelling on me?" Seohyun asked.

"Tch! I’m not yelling…here…breakfast is ready…kaja…let’s eat…" Yonghwa had a folded apron in his arms as he put it away.

While Seohyun glanced over to the table and noticed that the foods, was indeed, ready.

"Oh ...deh ... I didn't notice ... sorry…"  Seohyun laughed nervously and walked over to the table before taking a seat.

Yonghwa too walked over and sat opposite her.

Then Seohyun looked down at the food which had been prepared for them.

Picking up the chopsticks next to her.

"Hmn…It is good! Jinjia!" Seohyun praised and continued to eat, the smile growing on her face.

“Thanks…” Yonghwa looked at her and he just nodded…and he started to eat.

“Yah, eat slowly…or you will choke…” Yonghwa warned her.

Seohyun just nodded on him…and she continues eating.

They ate in a comfortable silence until they were full and done.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After breakfast…

 

After eating…Seohyun stood up first and went back to the bedroom.

“Yah! Where are you going…aren’t you helping me first…to wash the dishes…at least?” Yonghwa told Seohyun.

“I will…later…I just need to find something first…” She said while going inside the bedroom.

“Aish! You know…you’re so lazy… Brat!”  Yonghwa yelled out on her.

“Whatever!” Seohyun replied.

In the end...Yonghwa ended up cleaning the table and washed the dishes in the kitchen sink, he chuckles in disappointment.

‘Aish! This Brat…so lazy really…don’t even think of helping me…she’s the girl here…and yet she doesn’t know everything until now? Really so annoying!’ He thought. Piss off.

He was thinking…until when he will have to tolerate Seohyun’s bratty attitude? Sometimes, he thinks of just quitting everything…

especially now that he was having some difficulties in adjusting to everything around him. He isn’t used to this…he isn’t used to do this things.

In fact he has already everything…because he is one of the heirs of the Jung’s family. But then…when he thinks of Seohyun and leaving her…he just…weird…but he felt sad.

Then he also thought about his work? He hadn't decided what to do yet.

So far, he had submitted some of his credentials to the best firms available in Seoul, but deciding which of those would be worth joining was really difficult for him.

However every firms, wants and gladly accept him to join their firm though.

But for him Mr. Han’s firms, was the best choice so far, despite its least conditions….but since he's not that desperate yet to grab it,

so he decided to just take his time and to think well first.

‘Right…I will just rest and think…’ He thought.

Besides, he still had some money saved at least, and Seohyun's allowance from Jonghyun too was handled by him well.

He had to take care of budgeting as well.

For Seohyun didn’t know yet how to handle financial matter…since she was used to just being the princess on their mansion, just provided everything to her.

He couldn't believe this was happening to him.

Oh! Gosh! How the hell did he end up living like a real house husband? He thought, while chuckles.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yongseo living room…

 

"Hey," Seohyun's call from the living room interrupted Yonghwa’s thoughts, while putting the dishes on their dish rack.

"What again?" Yonghwa answered.

Seohyun ran to the kitchen and waved a coupon tickets in front of his face.

"Look what I got inside the book you brought yesterday!" She exclaimed excitedly.

He stirred the faucet off and glared at Seohyun.

"What’s that?" Yonghwa asked her as he took a few step backward, squinting his eyes and trying to comprehend the texts in the coupon.

"Free Lotte World coupon tickets?" He asked again.

Seohyun nodded excitedly.

"Deh! It's a free Lotte World coupon tickets!" She said excitedly, which Yonghwa didn't really understand why.

"And so?" Yonghwa asked her again

Seohyun then started to lose her temper and begun to annoy because of Yonghwa’s question.

 

There they go again…with their bickering and fighting…

 

"Tch! Can’t you see? It's free, and there are two coupons. It would be a waste not to use them!" Seohyun pouted cutely.

However, Yonghwa not bothering to look at her just went to the living room.

Seohyun follows him.

"Don't tell me you want to –" He was cut by Seohyun.

"Yup! Let's go!" She said excitedly.

“No, I don’t want to…I want to rest today…” He coldly said.

Seohyun raised an eyebrow.

“But it’s free…” Seohyun replied.

"Yah! There's no way I'd use something like that…free coupons! That's embarrassing!"  He commented, as he sat at the couch.

Seohyun furrowed her brows as she puffed out her cheeks, which Yonghwa unexpectedly found cute.

Seohyun only made this kind of expression with her brothers.

He felt an urge to laugh, but controlled himself.

"Ahrasso! Fine! You can rest for all you want…But I don't want to go to the Lotte World alone… and I don't have any friends here. Can I just borrow your phone?" She extended her hand towards Yonghwa.

"Wae? Who are you calling this early?" Yonghwa said, as he inserted his hand inside his pocket to get his phone.

"Jonghyun Oppa… I'll ask him to come with me." Seohyun retorted, as she patiently waited for the phone to be handed over.

Yonghwa chuckled, instantly pulling his hand away from his pocket without getting his phone.

"Are you even thinking? You'll bother him this early? It's like, some hours ride from Busan to Seoul alone! Don’t you know that?"  He yelled.

He couldn't understand how self-centered his wife could be.

Seohyun dropped her shoulders.

"But I really wanted to go to there…" She said her eyes saddening.

"And I don't have friends here. I thought of asking Guigui, but it seems like she's been avoiding me when I saw her a little while ago. She must still be mad at me." She sadly said.

"What? I can't believe you still think of that annoying girl. She's not worthy to be your friend. Remember what she did on the first day we met her?" Yonghwa said.

Remembering the little scene that happened when Guigui went to their home.

That girl really pisses him off.

“Will you stop thinking that annoying girl…just be cautious for once will you?” Yonghwa told her.

Seohyun sat on the couch besides him and slammed her head gently.

"I'm cautious, but I'm desperate too. I really wanted to go there…ever since when I was younger…but my parents were so busy enough to accompany us to go that place…and besides…I could use the experience to add up inspiration in my future novel or books…" She sighed in disappointment.

"Aish! You're useless, really." She murmured in her low tone.

“What?” Yonghwa asked her as he heard what she said.

Yonghwa widened his eyes at the insult.

"You still had the nerve of you! To call me useless when I am doing everything for us just to survive here…you should tell that to yourself…you ungrateful Brat!” He sarcastically said to her.

"Yes right! You’re damn right! I am the one useless here…I am ungrateful…I am annoying…it’s my fault…everything’s my fault! Why we stucked in this damn pathetic set up. Ahrasso…I admit that…okay…you happy now?" Seohyun yelled out, getting hopeless.

“Yah! Don’t yell at me…I’m not deaf…but then good at least you realized that.” Yonghwa yelled back.

Seohyun didn’t say anything back. She just stayed quiet looking down.

She had expected Yonghwa would say that to her…because he really doing everything since they moved in Seoul. She’s not even a good help to him.

And she would also expect him to decline, about the free tickets…but she was still disappointed.

It must be good to be in Busan this time, because every time she has place to go…she can always call either Suzy or Jungshin or Taecyeon or Jonghyun to accompany her.

 

She then stood up and decided to walk back to the bedroom…

Seohyun walk in quietly to the bedroom, she sat up as she flipped a page of the book she was holding.

And maybe, later that day, look for a job. She just didn’t want to be called useless.

 

Yonghwa stared at the retreating back of Seohyun, noticing that her aura had changed instantly.

It was so easy to read, he could tell she was frustrated and sad.

Oh, right. It was only them now. Jonghyun, Jungshin, Taecyeon and Suzy were out of the picture.

With no friends around, Seohyun would stick with him. Actually, he was quite surprise at Seohyun’s invitation… but it sounded like a date.

Lotte World is an amusement park.  And amusement parks were popular for lovers date.

Well, they were husband and wife, but not lovers. And also, he was too ashamed to use coupons. He'd never done that before. He wasn't as thick-faced as Jungshin. Besides, he is Jung Yonghwa. One of the heirs of the Jung’s family. He’s rich after all.

But then when he saw the disappointed and sad face of Seohyun…he’s not happy at all…he doesn’t wants to see that to her.

 

Hours past…the house was so silent…Yonghwa is in the living room while Seohyun in the bedroom…both thinking.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

‘Okay, so she's really disappointed and sad…Aish! I don’t want her to be like that…’ Yonghwa thought, as he follows her to the bedroom and opened the door wider.

"Yah, don’t be like that…” He said calmly.

Seohyun turned her back to him and continue with reading…without even look at him.

“Yah, I’m so sorry…I didn’t mean to hurt you…it’s just that…I’m so pissed off and tired with our situation…and frustrated…and don’t know what to do anymore…I’m just so not used to this…that’s why I was easily pissing off…” He said softly.

“Ahrasso…ahrasso…I'll come with you later…please just don’t be like that okay? Hey, please look at me…" He said softly.

As to why, he didn't have any idea. It just came out of his mouth… and he regretted it instantly.

He was to take it back but wasn't able to when he saw Seohyun jump out of the bed and leave the book behind, her eyes shining in delight.

She was acting so childish… but cute? Was this how she acted with her brothers? 'Was this the reason why those two brothers were so weak at the presence of this Brat?'  He thought.

"Really, Jinjia?" She hopped happily.

"I guess Jerks have good sides too!" She said.

Her sudden reaction and comments made Yonghwa annoyed again.

"What? What do you mean by that, Brat?" He yelled as he sat beside her.

Seohyun didn't respond, instead, sat at her usual seat and read cheerfully.

Yonghwa, on the other hand, was observing her behavior. He wanted to a little but decided that it'll be best to do that afterwards.

Teasing will definitely ruin the happy atmosphere this house had first witnessed ever since they moved in.

Yes, he's happy… and he won't admit that out loud.

His expression says otherwise though. Seohyun was totally unmindful of this as she merrily read her book.

Yonghwa unconsciously found himself watching Seohyun… It was the first time he'd actually observed her reading. It was graceful and she really looked beautiful.

Seohyun felt Yonghwa's eyes pinned on her. She raised her head and talked.

"W-wae? Why are you staring at me like that?" Seohyun asked him.

‘Aish! I've been caught. Better think fast! Jung Yonghwa!'  He thought, panic starting to emerge on his veins.

"I-I'm just w-wondering… have you ever been on a date before?" Yonghwa asked her, not thinking thoroughly, wishing Seohyun didn't notice he had stuttered at the beginning of his line.

Seohyun dropped her book and diverted her gaze to him.

"Of course, wae? And why are you stuttering? You're weird!"  She asked, squinting her eyes suspiciously.

Yonghwa felt like all heat from his body making its way up to his face. He shook his head.  

‘Jung Yonghwa! What do you think you’re doing?’ He mentally cursed himself.

"Tch! You must have mistaken me for someone who stutters, Brat! I was asking you because you're so eager to take me out on a date!" He said.

‘Teasing her must be better than embarrassing myself further than this. What the hell is happening with me?’  He thought.

Seohyun's face surprised.

"D-date? M-me? A-asking you? E-eager? Eyyyy?" It was Seohyun turn to stutter, and with her, it was totally undeniable.

"There's no way I'd ask you out on a date, I’m not desperate!"  She added, yelled, her arms crossed.

Yonghwa smirked, he's really great at turning the tables around.

"Oh, Jinjia?" He cupped his chin and let out a smug smile.

"You mean, you're not asking me to accompany you on that free Lotte World ride, huh?" He asked still smirking.

"E-eyyyy?"  She blushed, "I-it's not a date… I'm just asking you to come with me since there are two coupons and… I don't have anyone to come with me. It's not something you can call a date!" Seohyun yelled, trying to convince Yonghwa on her point.

Yonghwa smirked, which made Seohyun annoyed.

"Whatever you say, Brat.  But tell me, how many times have you been on a date?" He asked her again.

"Many times. Wae?" She answered bluntly. Honestly, she doesn't know if she could call those experiences a date?

"Like how many times?"  Yonghwa interrogated more.

"I don't know. Just don't ask such questions, Jerk!" Seohyun snapped she knew she’s not good at lying.

She knew her face couldn't get any redder, and Yonghwa’s stare and questions weren't helping.

"Why are you avoiding the topic?" Yonghwa asked deeper.

“Aish! I don't really know if you could call it a date alright, it's more like hanging out for me… Sometimes, when I go out with some guys, I'd always catch Hongki Oppa or Jonghyun Oppa or Taec Oppa or Jungshin sneaking around. So, many times, I'd bring them along… That's the usual date for me." She briefly said.

Hearing this, Yonghwa couldn't tell if what he was feeling was pity or happiness.

Pity, because she never had a chance to step out of her brothers' and his stupid brother's sight.

And happiness, because that's what made her an innocent wife for him. So far he had already her first kiss…her first embrace… ‘Lucky me, yes?’ He smiling thought.

"Well, then shall I ask you for a date? So, I'll be your real first date?" Yonghwa asked her confidently…but deep inside nervous…and blushing in shyness.

"Eyyyy?" Was all that could come out of Seohyun's mouth, her face blushed that it felt like it would explode any moment.

"What is wrong with you? Are you sick or something?"  Seohyun asked him back.

Yonghwa then didn’t answer her…he stood up and went out and went back to the kitchen again.

He prepared some iced tea, just to hide his blushing cheeks from Seohyun.

But Seohyun followed, she sat on the couch, and started to scan the channels on the TV.

After preparing iced tea, he goes back to Seohyun and gave her a glass of iced tea.

"Okay. Since you're asking me on a date, I'll take you on a date instead. And it would be better if we don't use that coupon of yours. But if you insist…then I will just pay for our fares and foods okay?"  He answered simply.

The air inside the room was getting awkward for Yonghwa. His heart was pounding violently inside his chest.

"And what will you get out of taking me on a date?" Seohyun asked him curiously.

Yonghwa shook his head gently.

"Nothing, really…" He raised both hands.

"I just miss going out on dates. I'm still young, a good looking guy, you know? I don't want to be stuck forever in some boring married life…” He paused and smirks instantly…

“Or… I could always give you another option? How about…making a baby instead huh?  In exchange for coming with you on that amusement park?  I think that’s more than extremely exciting!" Yonghwa smirked.

Seohyun surprised upon hearing that…gritted her teeth, furrowed her brows in fury and flared her nose in anger.

"Yah!!! You really are a ert!”  She yelled angrily.

Yonghwa’s love her facial expression and her reaction…he decided to teases her more.

"Wae? What’s wrong with that? We’re married after all…and besides…I'm still a healthy twenty four-year old man, you know? I should remind you of that more often, I guess." Yonghwa smug.

“Yah! Will you stop that non-sense?” Seohyun yelled out.

“Wae? That’s the reality…Buin. So, what now…shall we?” Yonghwa still in his teasing tone.

Seohyun raised her hands in surrender.

"Ah! Cham…I'd rather take the date, then." She said chuckles.

"Well, I don't force people, if you want, you could just throw that coupon of yours and let's just stay home and –" Yonghwa continuously teasing her.

"No way!!! You said you'd come with me, didn't you? And it's for free! I need someone to accompany me… Let’s just go to Lotte World!"  She yelled, cutting him off.

Yonghwa laughed at her unstoppably, he was about to say something and but he saw how her face blushed extremely and embarrassed already. So he just stopped.

But much to his dismay, Seohyun stood up and ran to the bedroom again and she slammed the door shut, leaving him alone in the living room.

Yonghwa followed her and he opened the door widely to see Seohyun sulking at the corner of the room.

"Yah! Brat! What are you doing?" He yelled. He knew he was at fault, but he had to turn the tables.

"None of your business…just go away…you Jerk!" She yelled, not looking at him.

Yonghwa chuckles.

"Tch! What a Brat! Okay, I'll come with you, but you have to go on a date with me, alright? I'll show you how a real date should be." Yonghwa finally gave up.

“Eyyy…I’m sorry…I’m just kidding…to make it more fun…don’t be like that again…” He added.

Seohyun got up and turned to face him.

"O-okay…But…No taking back, huh?" Seohyun told him in her low tone.

Yonghwa momentarily lost himself, for suddenly the ray of sunlight streaming from the window against Seohyun's creamy white skin made her glow…she really looks like a goddess.

Fortunately, Yonghwa got back to her senses quickly.

Weird. He smiled, brushing off the weird sight, he then turned around.

“Ahrasso…ahrasso…now you can use the bathroom first…I’ll just go after you…” Yonghwa told her.

Seohyun jumped in victory, who knew her drama tactics would also work for the Jerk ert?

She then went to the bathroom and prepared the tub. What kept her wondering was why the hell he was asking her on a date? Could it be because he was feeling sorry for her because she knew and he did too, that she'd never been on a real date due to her brothers and friends?

Or was what he said really true? Sometime in the future, Yonghwa would find someone to go out with… She stepped inside the tub.

Yeah, and she'd be left alone. She plunged her head in the water.

She don’t know why…but every time she thinks about that…she felt sad.

‘Ahhh…I shouldn't think about that… He'll never like me anyway. I am not even his type, like he always said.  Aigoo…’ She murmured to hersel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter