Four Days Before Seoul...

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Busan

Jung’s Mansion

 

That night…a strong storm hit their town…

Yonghwa slowly walked in to their house after finishing some tasks on his association and hanging out with his friends Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin on the famous coffee shop in Busan, one of their favorite hangout places in town.

After few hours of chatting, laughing and teasing each other just like their usual meetings, they decided to go home for they thought that the rain seemed like getting heavier and not going to stop for the whole night. So they just all went home.

Sipping his ever favorite coffee, a cup of hot americano and then he remembered to look for his cellphone, for he did not touch it since he met his friends, so he look for it and begun reading some texts messages, when suddenly he heard someone called him.

"Yong-Yong?  What are you still doing here?" His mother told him.

Yonghwa just smiled widely at his mother but got confused with his mother’s statement, what else he will do of course to go home like this at night, he thought.

While his mother just looked over to her son and smiled knowing that it was Yonghwa's way of saying go home.

“Oh, Omoni…good evening…” Yonghwa greeted his mother, while he quickly put down his cellphone.

“Yah, I said what are you still doing here? I texted you a while ago…I said you have to pick up Seohyun on the Mall, she was stuck there, she have nothing to ride home the taxis are always pre-occupied…she was actually stuck there… with the heavy rains.” His mother told him continuously.

“What? What’s she doing there at this kind of weather? It’s already late, aish! that Brat jinjia…” Yonghwa sarcastically murmured.

“She bought some things she needed to bring when you go to Seoul and some presents for her parents…for tonight you two will go to Seo’s house and you will stay there until Saturday, three days…you need to spent some time on them too before you move in Seoul.  Don’t tell me you forgot that? I already told you yesterday on our breakfast, remember?” His mother explained.

“Oh! Today that’s day? Omo! I forgot…but do I really need to go there Omoni?” He asked his mother.

“Of course! You’re a husband to Seohyun now and they’re your in-laws…so, you have to pay respect to them too, before you move in Seoul.  Anyway, you can just grabbed your things on your room first and so with Seohyun’s and then just go directly to their house after you pick her up…so you will not disturb them so late at night…and you have to go to pick up Seohyun now…before she soak with the rain…palli”  His mother told him.

“Ahrasso…ahrasso…Tch! That Brat Jeongmal…so, annoying…” He murmured while going upstairs to their room to get their things needed for their three days stay in Seo’s mansion. Good thing Seohyun already ready her bag and so his. He just grabbed their bags and went downstairs.

“Omoni…I’m going now…” He said to his mother.

“Okay…be careful on the road son…and please be good and respectful to your in-laws okay?” His mother reminded him.

“Ahrasso…Omoni…” He smilingly said to his mother and then he went straight to his car and got out to their house.

________________________________________________________________________________________

At the Mall…

 

Minutes later…he was already in the front of the biggest shopping mall in town, droves slowly to look for Seohyun, and he saw her sitting on the corner of the waiting shed, looking down with a sulky face. He pressed his car’s horn to catch her attention…she startled, she looked up and she was surprised to see Yonghwa in front of her with his car.

"Hmmnn? Why are you here?" Seohyun said raising an eyebrow.

"Yah! Just hop in now…it’s raining hard come on!" Yonghwa said to her while opening the car’s door beside his seat.

Seohyun just obeyed him and she hurriedly hopped on the car.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Inside the car….

 

"But why are you here, how did you know I’m here?" Seohyun asked him as soon as she sat on the car.

"Omoni told me…" Yonghwa answered her.

"Oh..." Seohyun said with a depressing tone.

"Yah, you went there alone, with this kind of bad weather? And what took you so long there…it’s already seven in the evening?" Yonghwa asked her again.

Seohyun looked at him.

"I just needed to go there to buy something I needed when we move in Seoul and for my parents…I’m with Susy too…but she was just picked-up by Minhyuk a while ago…They want to give me a ride too…but I just said that Omoni will pick me up later, so I will not be disturbing their moments together…" Seohyun said.

"Yah! Pabo-yah, why did you lie? Why did you not just go with them? It’s already late and the weather’s bad." Yonghwa said and he chuckles.

"I did not lie to them…I really called Omoni, and she really told me she will come to pick me up, that’s why I’m patiently waiting here at the waiting shed." Seohyun explained.

‘Aish! Omoni…jinjia…that’s why she texted me…so I will be the one…carrying the burden of picking up this Brat on this bad weather…nice…really nice…’ He thought, while driving, concentrating on the road.

“Oh, by the way…we will go to our house tonight and will stay there for three days, you know that already right?” Seohyun suddenly remembers.

“Ahrasso…Omoni told me…I already brought your things too…” He said.

“Oh, okay…thanks…” She said.

“Aish! this weather jinjia…it’s getting worser…I even hardly see the  road clearly…I think we have to stop for a while  to that corner first…or else we will meet an accident.” Yonghwa told Seohyun.

“O-okay…” Seohyun replied.

Then Yonghwa stopped his car on one of the buildings corner…and they got out the car and went to the nearest shed at the side of the buildings.

 

(Silence)  "..."   "..."

 

A storm is always accompanied by lightning and thunder. And unfortunately Seohyun’s …well, she's afraid of both. Whenever there is a thunder storm she would always afraid and cry. She thought she always struck by the lightning and thunder.

 

(Lightning and Thunder)

 

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun, and noticed she was just quietly leaning well on the wall, with a fearful face. He chuckles.

‘So, she’s scared by lightning and thunder huh?  Hmmnnn just like a little child. Jashik!’  He thought.

 

(Lightning and Thunder)

 

“Yah, are you alright?” He asked her. He didn’t hear her reply.

 

(Lightning and Thunder…but it was so intense than the first two…)

 

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"  It was Seohyun…screaming out loud.

And the next thing that Yonghwa realized was this:

Seohyun was hugging him. How about their position?  Well, Yonghwa was sitting on the floor, his legs wide open with Seohyun in between his legs. The only thing that keeps him from falling was his arms. Seohyun was hugging his neck tightly with her head on his chest crying and shaking. Just exactly like a child hugging her mother or father with a fearful face.

Yonghwa blushed upon realizing their position and by their sudden physical contact.  This is the first time that they closed at each other physically and literally.

"Please...d-don't leave me…I’m s-so afraid…" Seohyun cried still hugging him tight.

Yonghwa looked at the Seohyun and noticed how really scared she is.

"A-Alright...Don’t worry…I’m just here…beside you…I won’t leave you, I promised…Jinjia." Yonghwa assured her bringing one of his hands on her back and the other one on her hair it in slow phase.

‘Yah! Jung Yonghwa! What do you think you're doing? Pabo-yah?’ He thought.

The crying turned into faint sobs. Until Seohyun realized that they were in an awkward position and instantly broke the hug and blushed.

"S-Sorry..." She said wiping her tears using the back of her hands.

Yonghwa then took his handkerchief out from his pocket and gave it to Seohyun.

"Here! Use this…" He said.

Seohyun looked at the hankerchief and then to Yonghwa and then back to the hankerchief and finally she took it.

"T-thank you..." She said.

Then Yonghwa begun to stand up, Seohyun grasp his shirt and asked.

"Where are you going?" She said.

Yonghwa looked down and said.  

"Come on we will hop on the car again. I think I can drive now, it seemed this rain will not stop anytime soon."  Yonghwa told her.

"O-Ok..." Seohyun said she's about to let go but grasp it tighter again and said.

“W-wait for me alright?" She said.

Yonghwa looked back again.

“Aish! How can I drive well if you're still holding my shirt like that?" He said.

"Huh? Oh sorry..." Seohyun said finally letting go.

As Yonghwa walked his way on the car, Seohyun just followed him and quickly hop in the car and sat down on his side in front.  By the time she sat down a really loud rumbling and crashing sound was heard after a lightning flash that cause Seohyun to scream again.

 

(Lightning and Thunder)

 

Seohyun became nervous her heart beating faster and faster.

"…Y-yong?" She cried.

Yonghwa looked towards Seohyun.  

‘W-what did she just call me? Yong? Oh she just called me by my name? Jinjia? Not Jerk? Wow! That’s’ new…’  He smilingly said on his thought.

He didn’t know but he was so happy just to hear her saying his name like that. It was such a long time since she calls him by his name.

However, he noticed Seohyun never say anything to him. She was so silenced. She is crying.

"Yah, a-are you alright?" He asked her.

Seohyun didn’t answer…she just cry…

"Alright...you're such a cry baby you know that?" Yonghwa , while he’s getting something from his pocket.

Once he took it out he placed something on Seohyun's ears.

"Hey...w-what are you doing?" She asked in surprised.

"Hold still. It's just earphones." He said.

"What for?" Seohyun confused.

"For listening music…so you will hear it’s sound… I think? Tch! You don't even know what earphones are for?" He said sarcastically.

"Of course I know! What I mean is why are you putting it on my ears? Pabo-yah!" She replied sarcastically.

"Yah, I just put those on you, so that you won't hear the loud rumbling sound of the thunder." Yonghwa added.

"What about you?" She asked.

"I don't need that...I'm not a scaredy-brat like you!" He teased more.

Seohyun pouted and mumbled something like 'Yah, yah, yah…sorry for being a scaredy-brat my Mr. I'm-not-afraid-of-anything.’   She said to herself.

"What did you just say?" Yonghwa asked her, while holding and looking at his iPod.

"Nothing..." She said.

"And what song would you like to hear?" He asked her again.

"Anything will do..." She said casually, with a little hint of scared tone.

"Sorry but I don't have that song in my iPod." He again.

"Tch! Pabo-yah? I said any…any…any song will do!" Seohyun said irritated.

"Tch! I'm just kidding, aish!...at least you're back…and you’re not that scared baby anymore." Yonghwa said the last statement in a low voice as he scanned his iPod.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing…deaf…I’m just asking if …'Because of You (A song he choose from his Ipod.) is alright with you?"

"Oh? hmmmnn...okay, it’s a sweet song I think." She replied.

And he begun to play the music… both of them just quietly listened to it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Because Of You
(By:Jimmy Bondoc)
 

(Fist Stanza)
If ever you wondered if you touched my soul yes you do
Since I met you I'm not the same
You bring life to everything I do
Just the way you say hello
With one touch I can't let go
Never thought I'd fall in love with you...

(Chorus)
Because of you, my life has changed, thank you for the love and joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame, I'll tell the world it's because of you

(Second Stanza)
Sometimes I get lonely and all I gotta do is think of you
You captured something inside of me
You make all of my dreams come true
It's not enough that you love me for me
You reached inside and touched me eternally
I love you best explains how I feel for you...

(Chorus)
Because of you, my life has changed, thank you for the love and the joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame, I'll tell the world it's because of you

(Bridge)
The magic in your eyes
True love I can't deny
When you hold me I just lose control
I want you to know that I'm never letting go
You mean so much to me I want the world to see,
It's because of you

(Chorus)
Because of you, my life has changed, thank you for the love and the joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame, I'll tell the world it's because of you
My life has changed thank you for the love and the joy you bring
Because of you, I feel no shame, I'll tell the world it's because of you...

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Silence… "..."   "..."

 

"Hey..." Yonghwa said, cutting their silence.

"What?" Seohyun asked.

"Why are you afraid of the thunder? I mean it's just thunder! You won't get hurt when you hear it rumble." Yonghwa asked her.

Seohyun. "..."

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun and was about to say something but she started talking.

"Because it can takes lives." She said.

"What? How can a thunder take-" Yonghwa didn't finish his statement as he looked over at Seohyun whose beginning to tear up.

"My Halmoni, when I was little, was the only one that looked over me. My Omoni and Aboeji were always busy with their work so they doesn't have much time to spend with us." Seohyun started telling a story with a weak smile on her face, then she continued.

"We were so happy together until one day, Halmoni got sick. It became worse day after day but we still kept it a secret from Aboeji and Omoni. My Halmoni doesn't want to trouble my parents so she asked me not to tell. As for me, even though I know that her decision is not the best for us, I still agreed. But sooner my Aboeji found out and she helped her to go to a specialist.  Until one day, she was just walking inside the house and it was raining hard; she suddenly collapsed in front of my Aboeji so she was brought immediately to the hospital. I don't understand what the doctor is saying but I can see how sad my Aboeji was, and I know that she's in a bad condition. One week later, and the rain grew harder everyday thunder rumbling, her body given up on her. She died during a thunder storm.  Since then I thought thunder and lightning can actually take lives, that’s why I am so afraid whenever I hear them." Seohyun said as she cried.

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun with concern.

"You know what? That’s so wrong, but it’s true it can really can take lives specially when you’re out in the open…but your Halmoni…didn’t die because of that but because of her sickness…somebody must told and assured you that…please erased that wrong notion on your head, and don’t be afraid from the  thunder and lightning from now on okay? Just remember I’m here now…I will never leave you. Okay?” Yonghwa begun to explained to her.

Seohyun nodded at him. “Okay, I won’t next time…Anyway, thanks for telling me that…and for staying with me…” Seohyun told him.

“Now that I think about it. I'm not afraid of it because I believe that whenever it takes away something, it will always give something in return." He explains.

Yonghwa turned to Seohyun and smiled.

Seohyun begun to cry again. 

Yonghwa let her cry, he just continued driving.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Busan

Seo’s Mansion

 

Minutes later, Seohyun stopped crying.

 

 (Silence)  "..."    "..."

 

Until they arrived at their destination…the Seo’s mansion….

"Yah, look! The rain and thunder stopped..."  Yonghwa said but he didn't get any reaction.

When he looked at his side he saw Seohyun's sleeping face covered with tears.

"I'm sorry for asking you that question..." Yonghwa whispered to her while wiping Seohyun's tears on his finger. Then he wakes her up by patting her shoulder slightly.

Seohyun opened her eyes and realized that she was sleeping on Yongwa's car, she immediately sat straight and fix herself.

"Hmmnnn?" She said.

“Come on…we’re here now…on your house…let's go...” Yonghwa told her.

 

Then they both got out at the car.

 

"Hey there, Ms. Scaredy-brat!"  Yonghwa teased and smirked. As they were walking towards the mansion’s gate.

"Yah! stop calling me that! And go home already!" She unconsciously said annoyed.

"Oh? That's too bad. I thought of you will be sharing your room with me tonight… but I guess you don't want to. Well, see you at our home then." He said.

Yonghwa started walking out until...

"W-wait!" Seohyun called him, as soon as she got back on her senses.

Yonghwa looked back to see the blushing Seohyun.

"What?" He said with a smug looking face.

"A-Are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter