Closer...and...Closer...

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seoul Central

 

Three months later…

 

One of the finest hotel and restaurant in Seoul Central…

 

"S-sulli?" Yonghwa's eyes grew wide in shock.

Of all places, he never expected her to be seated on his prospective client's seat.

Sulli smiled at him happily

"Oppa!" She stood up while looking joyfully at him.

"It's been a while…huh?" She went near him and kissed him on his cheek and hugged him instantly.

Yonghwa surprised by her action, but he managed to just smile at her as he sat at the seat situated across Sulli’s chair.

"What are you doing in here, are you perhaps the client that I am suppose to meet now?" He asked.

Sulli chuckled amusedly.

"Oh, you didn't know? We owned this hotel and this restaurant…and we are planning to re-launch them in three months time…that’s why I am back here in Seoul…to take over our family business.  But of course…we are just small time…compare to your family hotel and resort business. " Sulli explained.

Yonghwa just crossed his legs and leaned his back more comfortably.

"Well, that’s only for them…not mine…but then sorry I really don’t  know…but now I knew it already…" Yonghwa told her, while drinking the glass of water they served him.

"That's why when I saw your firm on the list of the best Architectural firms in Seoul, then I saw your name on your company, I was so overjoyed that I instantly picked you…" Sulli continued.

"Ah, and I'm sure, even if you don't know me, you'd still pick me because of my previous works." Yonghwa boasted while smirking.

Sulli smiled back he was so amazed with his good looking face.

"I guess so, because of your looks…maybe?"  Sulli laughed.

"By the way…How are you?  And how's your wife?" Sulli asked.

"Oh, I’m just fine…enjoying my job…happily making my own money…surviving living on my own…and Seohyun’s fine too…she’s having her own job too." He said.

Although…Lately, he had been having uneasy thoughts about Seohyun.

Yes, he's dumb not to notice. He was in denial, and he didn't want to admit it.

After giving her a phone, a few weeks ago…he would always find himself dialing her number on idle moments… but would stop midway as he realize, what he was doing.

He had also been trying to ignore her when he’s with Minho but would always fail.

He can't just keep his mouth shut whenever he see his wife being taken home to their own house by another guy… and that guy was Minho-ssi, a successful, hot and a good looking guy too.

The only guy he thinks his closest match and rival…that’s why it troubled him much.

There were several times, he tried asking Seohyun if he could fetch her in SM Publishing and go home together after work, but Seohyun always declined saying.

He can't do that… because she didn't tell her co-workers that she’s already married.

That statement upset Yonghwa and yet again, Seohyun kept reminding him of their deal he suggested after they got married.

 

"Oppa wae? Is something wrong?"  Sulli clasped her hands together interrupting Yonghwa's train of thoughts.

"Tch! S-sorry…I just remembered something…" Yonghwa clicked his tongue.

"Where were we?" He added.

Sulli blinked at what he heard.

"About this hotel and restaurant."  She replied.

"Ah that’s right…" Yonghwa shrugged.

"So, what would you like to do with this hotel and restaurant? Is it re-construction, major renovation or transformation?" He asked, while roaming around the surface.

Sulli nodded,

"Yes, I want a major transformation…elegantly modern transformation."  A sudden change of expression was quickly detected by Yonghwa.

"What's with the face?" Yonghwa asked.

"Ah," Sulli sighed, "It's just that…I can’t believe that we are just talking about business now and that we are just a plain client and Architect now…you know how much I missed you…Oppa…"  She said uneasily.

"Ahhh, never mind what I said. By the way can we have dinner together, alone, sometime, just like old times, huh Oppa?"  Sulli seriously asked him.

“Hmn…okay…that sounds good.” Yonghwa replied.

“Really? Oh, thanks Oppa…I will just schedule it and will call you okay?” Sulli asked him again.

“Okay.” Yonghwa just replied.

 

"So, can we get back to business now? …" He asked her.

“Ah deh…deh...” Sulli answered.

 

And they begun to talked about business…all was purely business….

 

Yonghwa’s really serious and professional when it comes to his profession…he really gives his hundred percent best. 

That’s why the outcome of his works always falls on or even exceeded the excellent mark.

Once he immerges on his work…No one can distract and disturb him…

 

Phone’s ringing…

 

Phone’s ringing…

 

Phone’s ringing…

 

Yonghwa heard his phone ringing…he looked for it a second…then he just ignored it…

“Oppa…don’t you want to answer you phone first? It’s constantly ringing….” Sulli asked him.

Yonghwa forced to see his phone then…he just take a look but no plan to answer it…

Until the name appeared on the phone registered on his mind…

‘My Hyun’ … the name registered on his phone…calling him.

‘Omo! My Buin!’ He immediately grabbed his phone and answered it instantly.

 

Well…no one can distract and disturb him…except for… his one and only Buin (Hehe!)

 

“Oh! Hyun…wae? Is something wrong?” He asked the other line.

 

Sulli, raised her eyebrow upon seeing his reaction…

 

“Oh, no, nothing…just want to remind you…it’s almost lunch time…don’t forget to eat your bento…don’t skip it. I’ll check it later at home…” Seohyun reminded him.

“Oh, that…Hyun…I don’t think…I can eat that now…” Yonghwa told her.

“Wae? Are you not in your office? Where are you?” Seohyun asked.

“I am out for now…meeting…our…new client…I actually having a lunch time meeting now…” Yonghwa explained to her.

“A client? Lunch meeting…then…is your client a male or female?” Seohyun asked him again.

“Hmn…F-female…” He replied.

“Hmn…then…may I know her name? Who knows I know her too?” Seohyun curiously asked him.

“Ahm…hmmnn…” Yonghwa didn’t know how to say it.

“Wae? Why can’t you give me her name? I want her name…now…palli!” Seohyun demanded.

“Ahm…she’s…she’s…S-sulli…but Hyun let me-” Yonghwa sighed after saying her name.

 

“Yah! Jung Yonghwa!!!” She yelled out then she hanged up out of her annoyance.

 

‘Aigoo…I’m so dead…later…at home…Aigoo…poor me!’ Yonghwa thought while chuckling.

 

(Hahaha! Powerful Buin’s words eh!)

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

SM Publishing Office…

 

Seohyun's eyes were bouncing from the computer screen to the compiled pieces of paper on her hand, scanning thoroughly for errors and such that might complicate the data she had encoded for finishing touches…she just can’t concentrate on her work…

‘Ahhh…Jinjia…Jung Yonghwa!...lunch meeting huh…client huh…on that Bumpy girl?!? ‘ She annoyingly thought.

After minutes of checking and scanning…she was satisfied, she smiled at herself. She had been working on this for almost two months now.  Usually, all her research works were successful…always gathered some attention and praises from her superiors.

But not now…she really can’t concentrate on her work…she’s just so pissed off…just thinking that Yonghwa eating lunch with Sulli.

‘Tch! Okay…just enjoy yourself to your heart content now…Jung Yonghwa…let’s see later…you’re so dead at home! Hmp!’ She thought while narrowing her eyes, flaring her nose and pouting her lips.

She just cut out with her thought when Minho suddenly shows in front of her.

"Oh, so working hard, are we?" Minho suddenly told her, as Seohyun almost jumped in surprise.

She naturally pressed her chest with one hand.

"Ah! You surprised me, Minho!" Seohyun exclaimed.

Minho, just let out a chuckle and smile as he leaned at the cubicle wall.

“It’s lunch break…time to eat lunch now…let’s go together?" He asked.

"Ah…hmn…" Seohyun placed the compiled pieces of paper on her desk as she stretched her arms.

"Oh, deh. I didn’t notice the time…I was just busy reading this…and besides, Yonghwa packed us a bento this morning, want some?"  She raised the bento and stood up.

Minho smirked, looking at the packed lunch.

"Ohh…is that so? So, he's really acting like a good house husband huh…" Minho told her.

Seohyun pouted, not sure whether she'd be insulted by the comment.

"Hmmnn…You know…I liked him when he’s doing such things…he really makes an effort…and Isn't it cute? I love his cooking, really everything he cooked was delicious. My brothers can't even cook that good."  Seohyun told him, which kind of startled her as soon as she realized what she just said.

 

‘Jinjia why do I need to praise that Jerk? When he’s happily eating with that Bumpy girl? Hmp!’ She thought.

 

“Oh, really is he that good on cooking?  Well, you should try out sometimes, my cooking, too.”  Minho told her, and he trailed off, as he stepped aside to let Seohyun come out of the cubicle.

Seohyun smiled and nodded cheerfully, temporarily shaking off the uneasiness of what she just said.

“Oh, you know how to cook also? Well, that sounds good.” She said.

“Of course! Hey, come on, let’s go…let’s try the new restaurant across the street…” Minho exclaimed excitedly as he trailed after Seohyun.

Seohyun was about to declined since she has her bento already… if not because of someone suddenly bumping her forcefully, which made her stumble backwards in unstable steps.

With Minho’s quick reflexes, Seohyun found herself being supported by his arms.

“T-thanks.” Was all she managed to say as she instantly regained her balance.

Both their eyes stared at the girl who bumped her… it was none other than Ham Eunjung.

“Hey, Minho, aren’t you taking me out for lunch?”  She asked instantly, without even apologizing for what she just did to Seohyun.

Seohyun rolled her eyes then she turned her sight to Minho and drew out a fake smile.

“Deh, Minho… you two could try out that new restaurant you were talking about, I have my bento anyway.” Seohyun told him.

Minho’s expression darkened.

“But Seohyun, are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?  It’s alright…I’ll be the only one ordering. You can still eat your bento there. Just eat with me okay?” He insisted

Eunjung unconsciously clenched her jaw, no one ever ignores her.

“Hey, Minho! Didn’t you hear me?” She asked in irritation.

Minho ignored her, instead he clung into Seohyun’s arms, which kind of made Seohyun startled.

“You know, what you did to Seohyun is wrong and so childish.  Didn’t you ask her an apology first before yelled out?  And may I remind you that you’re still under me?” Minho frowned, looking straight to Eunjung.

“What makes you think you can take the honorifics off of my name, huh Eunjung-ssi?” He added in his serious tone.

Eunjung’s face turned red in embarrassment.

Damn you, Minho! She mentally yelled, as she watched Minho pull Seohyun and walk past her, leaving her as she gritted her teeth furiously.

 

 

Outside the office…while walking towards the said restaurant…

“I am so sorry for Eunjung’s behavior, Seohyun…” Minho apologized.

If not for Seohyun stopping him, Eunjung would’ve knelt down in front of him.  To asked an apology.

“It’s alright, Minho-ssi…let’s just go and eat…” Seohyun told him, while making their way to the restaurant.

 

 

Inside the restaurant…

 

“Sir…would you like to try my bento? It’s really good and yummy…” Seohyun happily told him.

"Yah, I told you I don't like formalities…" Minho told her.

"But it would be unfair for Eunjung if I call you by your name while she can't… You see, in our organizational chart, her position is higher than mine…" Seohyun explained as she untied the cloth cover of her bento.

"Then at least call me by my name outside the company?" Minho insisted.

"Ahrasso… Minho… But I'm still surprised they allowed me to eat my bento here." Seohyun laughed.

Minho's eyes glowed in happiness.

"That’s because…I knew the owner of the restaurant… so, it's alright."  Minho explained.

The waiter came back with Minho's card in hand.

Minho took it and stood up, he uttered "Thanks" to the waiter and signaled Seohyun that they go.

 

Just then, a familiar figure passed through the glass windows of the restaurant.

Seohyun immediately stood up and picked her things, she ran towards the door attempting to catch up with the guy, her brows knitted together.

 

Minho, a little taken aback, ran after her.

 

As soon as Minho caught up with her, he was panting.

 

"Seohyun, what's wrong?" He asked.

Seohyun turned her neck as far as she could manage; she thought her eyes had caught a familiar figure.

A very familiar figure but she lost him.

"Taec Oppa?" she whispered.

 

"Seohyun, what are you doing?" Minho tapped her from behind, as he dragged his eyes to where Seohyun was looking.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

Seohyun looked around, dismissing the feeling.

‘It wasn't possible, Taec Oppa was in Busan and he wouldn't leave the business and his position like that.’ She thought.

"Oh, sorry…" She smiled.

"I just thought I saw someone I knew. Gosh, maybe I just missed him that much." Seohyun chuckles.

"Him?" Minho looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Seohyun, do you perhaps have or seeing someone else? Are you cheating on Yonghwa? Is that why you don't want anyone to know you're married?" He whispered curiosity evident on his eyes.

Seohyun laughed.

"What?”  She asked.

"Aish jinjia…the ‘him’ I was talking about was my best friend, Yonghwa's older brother." She explained, still laughing.

Minho let out a disappointed look.

"Aish! You gave me a false hope there."  He said.

"What? What false hope?  You mean you're hoping I was really cheating on Yonghwa?" Seohyun asked, getting serious all of a sudden.

Minho shook one hand.

“Deh, I was hoping that’s true and I thought I could be one of your lovers too." He said.

"Eeyyyy?" Seohyun's mumbles.

"Well, I was just kidding. But that look on your face was priceless." He continued as he laughed uncontrollably.

Seohyun grinned, as she brought one hand on her left chest.

“But really…I don’t mind to be your lover…for I really liked you Seohyun…” Minho confessed while hides his blushing cheeks to her.

Seohyun just laughed at him…and chuckled.

"Ah! That’s so funny…You know what? You remind me to the person that I really missed so much…my Jonghyun Oppa." She giggled.

With the mention of Jonghyun, Minho laughed out loud too.

"Come on let's go back to the office, now..." He stood up and asked Seohyun.

While Seohyun still took another glance to the direction where she thought the familiar figure had disappeared and then back to Minho and nodded.

________________________________________________________________

 

Sangdodong

 

Yongseo home…

 

As usual Yonghwa got home first…again…

Since he was the first to be on their home… he decided to just cook for their dinner tonight.

He tries to keep himself busy doing his cooking in the kitchen…

But when he heard that familiar sounds of a car…he couldn't hold it in further but he had to keep his coolness.

He sighed heavily before he slowly opened the door and watched Seohyun and Minho as they were having a light conversation just outside the house.

"So, you're going out of town with Chief?" Seohyun asked casually.

Minho sighed.

"Deh, for two weeks…” He said.

"It seemed to me like you're against it…wae?" Seohyun chuckled.

"Because…I will definitely miss you…" Minho smiled at her.

Seohyun blinked multiple times.

"H-huh?" She managed to say.

‘Aigoo…He never gets tired of flirting, doesn't he?’ She thought.

Minho laughed.

"I mean, I've gotten used to taking lunch and going home with yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter