Brother and Sister's Dilemma....

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul

 

Sangdodong

 

Yongseo Home

 

 

 

Jonghyun's Dilemma...

 

 

Jonghyun got back to Yonghwa and Seohyun’s house as soon as Yoona safely rode the bus heading to her home…

 

On his way back he couldn’t help but think of many things that lingering on his mind these days. He just couldn’t believe that he was actually dealing with his situation right now, because never in his entire life he imagine or thought that he will face and deal with that.

 

He started to calm down as soon as he entered the house. He is always comfortable in the house, for him it had always been his escape - his home away from home. This was where he always go when he wanted to be alone and think, also to see and to be with his beloved little sister and his best friend. He took off his jacket and placed it on the coat rack behind the door.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun, were both busy doing something and chatting on their kitchen but Jonghyun was not in the mood to join them.

 

"Yah, Jonghyunnie, you’re spacing out Bro. Is something bothering you?"  Yonghwa told him.

 

Yonghwa, his closest friend among his three best friends approached him a few minutes later, while sitting across him.

 

“Deh, Oppa…you seem so different today…what’s going on Oppa?” Seohyun also joined to approach him.

 

She sat down besides Yonghwa across Jonghyun and looked at him with sisterly concern.

 

Jonghyun looked at his sister and at his best friend, contemplating whether he should tell them his problem or not. He did not want to burden them with his own problem or affairs as he knew that they too had problems of their own. But on second thought, maybe they could help him out with his dilemma.

 

"Hmmnnn…Actually, uri Aboeji talked to me the other day."  Jonghyun started to say.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun leaned closer in order to listen better to hear what he had to say.

 

"And?" Seohyun prompted.

 

Jonghyun took a deep breath and continued his story.

 

“We already knew that Mina Noona was already three months pregnant right? That’s why they will have their wedding ceremony this coming Sunday…before her belly got bigger…” Jonghyun started.

 

“And then?” Yonghwa curiously asked again.

 

“He told me also…that they found out when they went to the hospital for her regular check up that...that her pregnancy might be her one and only…for she can’t bear another one…because she has some kind of  I don’t know what exactly was that but i know she has a problem on her reproductive system…so that will be her last pregnancy. Good thing they will have twin.” Jonghyun added.

 

“Oh, jinjia? Wow! That’s great news…our new nephew-“ Seohyun happily said but was immediately cut by Jonghyun.

 

“No, niece…niece Seohyun…they will have a twin daughters.” Jonghyun said.

 

"And he wants me to take over the business here in Seoul." He said.

 

"Jinjia?!? Oh, that’s great Oppa!” Seohyun exclaimed.

 

"We’re going to live in one place, have chance see each other often and besides it’s about time you know." Seohyun happily added.

 

"Deh, that’s great Bro at least we will live closer together again.  But then why are you so troubled?" Yonghwa asked. "Don’t you want to take over the business?"  Yonghwa added.

 

"I do. Actually, I’m happy too…because you know…I always missed hanging up with you guys." Jonghyun replied.

 

"It’s just, it’s not that easy." He added.

 

"What do you mean?" Seohyun asked a confused look on his face.

 

"Because he’s not going to hand over the business that easily."  Jonghyun explained.

 

"He told me that he was going to give it to me in one condition." He added.

 

"And what is that?" Yonghwa asked curiously.

 

"Hongki Hyung will only have daughter…And that‘s where my dilemma came from…they will only have a daughter…meaning…no chance for a son…no son no heir or no continuity for our surname…since I am just the remaining son…so, I have no choice but to continue our clan. Got it now?” Jonghyun asked the couple.

 

“In other words, before he will hand me the business formally…He wants me to introduce a good and proper girlfriend or worst married first. Or else…he will be the one who will choose one for me…from his colleague’s daughters."  Jonghyun announced.

 

"Mwoh?!?" Yonghwa and Seohyun exclaimed at the same time.

 

"But you don’t want to get married. That’s not in your vocabulary and you hate responsibility the most." Yonghwa said.

 

"Deh, I know right?  But then knowing uri Aboeji not taking no for an answer. It’s either got married or loses my rights to the business and worst to the family. Just look what happened to you guys, you know how stubborn he is right?" Jonghyun said as he rubbed his temple with his fingers.

 

He was having a migraine.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun sighed in unison.

 

“Deh, Oppa…I understand well…been there before…good thing for us…it turned out good…but I have to admit it was really hard in the beginning.” Seohyun told him.

 

"Deh, I agree I knew it been there too Bro. But looks like you don’t have any choice then.  Do you have any ideas for your potential girlfriend or wife to be?" Yonghwa asked.

 

Jonghyun shook his head.

 

He had scanned the back of his mind searching for the one woman that he could bring home to his parents but he could not find one.

 

He had to admit that almost all of the women that he had associated himself with were not girlfriend or wife material.

 

They were good as one night stands but Jonghyun could not imagine spending the rest of his life with anyone of them or with just one woman. Just the thought of it had made his skin crawl.

 

He rested his head against the couch and closed his eyes.

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun were quiet for awhile as they contemplated on Jonghyun’s problem.

 

Silent.

 

Thinking.

 

 

Silent.

 

Thinking.

 

 

Silent.

 

Thinking.

 

After a few minutes, Yonghwa spoke up.

 

"Hmm I know…How about…Yoona-ssi?" He suggested.

 

Jonghyun opened his eyes and looked at his best friend and brother in law.

 

"What did you say Bro?" Jonghywa asked.

 

"I said how about Yoona." Yonghwa repeated his suggestion.

 

Jonghyun looked at him blankly.

 

Yonghwa sighed.

 

“But why all of a sudden you thought of Yoona?” Seohyun confusingly asked her husband.

 

“Well, she’s the very thing that comes to my mind…when we think of a potential girlfriend or wife to Jonghyunnie…” Yonghwa explained.

 

“But then…not sure…if she is still available…or not yet committed…all I know is that she has a lot of suitors and fan boys…it’s just that we don’t usually talk about it.” Seohyun added.

 

"Then why don’t you ask her if she could be your brother’s pretend girlfriend or wife to be?" Yonghwa told his wife.

 

"Yoona?" Jonghyun asked with a surprised expression on his face.

 

He never considered Yoona at all.

 

“Hey, I just met her today remember? I don’t think it’s a great idea.  Besides, you know that she’s not my type…I hate innocent, shy  and demure girls…I can’t stand them.” Jonghyun said.

 

“But…I think that’s a great suggestion too." Seohyun agreed.

 

Jonghyun turned his gaze towards his sister with a shocked expression on his face.

 

"What?" Jonghyun asked defensively.

 

"I think that’s a better idea…than meeting or marrying someone that you didn’t meet or know yet.  At least you and Yoona met already.” Yonghwa told him.

 

“Deh, and I think that Yoona would make a wonderful girlfriend and wife. She’s a good friend, daughter and sister…so no doubt that she really is a good person too. I’m sure being married to her wouldn’t  be so bad too." Seohyun explained.

 

"Yah, I agree with your suggestion Babe. I think Yoona would be the best choice." Yonghwa smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

 

“Babe?!?  Wow! You two really…got too serious now huh?  After many years…finally, you set aside your stubbornness and pride…and you realized that you really meant and stacked with each other huh.” Jonghyun smiled at the couple in front of him.

 

“Well, yes…and I don’t regret any single second of it…I’m just so happy…” Yonghwa smilingly said while kissing Seohyun’s head.

 

“Me too…I love every second of it…” Seohyun said and smiled sweetly to Yonghwa.

 

“See…even forced or arranged marriage is not really a bad thing or idea…who knows…you will also end up like us…” Yonghwa added while embracing Seohyun and continue kissing her head.

 

“Deh…deh…just continue…bragging your lovey dovey act in front of me…as if I got envy.” Jonghyun told them as he rolled his eyes.

 

Seohyun just giggled to his brother’s cute face.

 

Jonghyun stared at Yonghwa and Seohyun and they gazed back at him expectantly.

 

"But seriously…Surely, you see this as a great idea Jonghyun." Yonghwa encouraged.

 

"Oppa, I’ve known her for almost a year now. I even had sleep over to her apartment. So, I’m sure that she’s not a total psycho who will kill you while you sleep or you dry with her endless spending.  Best of all, I think she has a high tolerance…so she can tolerate you." Seohyun said with a smirk.

 

"Yah! What do you mean by that Seohyun-nah?"  Jonghyn protested as he frowned at his sister.

 

"All I’m saying is that Yoona could very well be your life saver." Seohyun smilingly told him.

 

Yonghwa nodded their agreement.

 

“Tch! You’re really a husband and wife now huh…same thinking…even same smirks…Jinjia!” Jonghyun whined.

 

“That’s what you called…true love!” Yonghwa and Seohyun just smiled at him.

 

“Whatever!” Jonghyun rolled his eyes again.

 

“But Oppa…just think about it seriously…then just tell me if you have decided on it…I’ll surely help you with her…I can talk to her about it really.” Seohyun told his brother.


“Deh, thanks…but for now…I want to rest and find a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter