Teardrops in the Rain...Don't Say Goodbye.

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Busan

 

Seo’s Mansion.

 

 

Jongyoon bedroom…

 

 

The next morning…

 

Yoona's woke up instantly by the beaming of lights comes out from the curtains that keeps on bugging her eyes, so she slowly opened her eyes.

 

But then she felt something against her and surprised when she saw Jonghyun. Then she remembered what had happened last night and blushed...and he was still holding her.

 

She saw Jonghyun still sleeping soundly next to her on their bed.

 

'So...that means he cares? Jinjia?' Yoona thought while looking at Jonghyun.

 

She felt that last night seemed so unreal just like a dream. The way he embraced her, the way he held her so tightly, and the way he spoke so gently...for the first time…it all seemed like her dreams were becoming reality. Last night he had become the husband she longed for, but she didn't know how she would face him now.

 

Besides, they didn't really communicate well, so it would be awkward anyways.

 

She slowly pushed his arms from her waist and got up from bed as careful as she can, for she doesn’t want to wake Jonghyun up or more on she doesn’t want to disturb his sleep; for she knows he needs it after always working overtime for these past few days.  

 

And after she successfully got up she made her way to the bathroom, she quickly washed up then changes her clothes and brushed her hair and ties it in a messy bun, before running downstairs to make breakfast for him.

 

 

 

While in the kitchen…

 

'Aigoo… another day…another morning…another breakfast…another sad and awkward passing day with Jonghyun...' She thought as she took out some eggs, bacon, hotdog, vegetables (particularly tomatoes and chives) and fruits (particularly papaya, strawberries and honey dew melon) from the fridge.

 

Then she moved towards the coffee maker, she put some water and coffee in it, then she turned it on as she press the right timing for the coffee to cook until it done and ready.

 

Yoona decided to fry some eggs, bacon, and hotdog and then cook some fried rice for breakfast…she open one of their cabinet and took out a frying pan. She placed it on the stove, poured a little olive oil in it and turned up the fire.

 

She looked around the kitchen. It’s beautiful, modern and spacious and has everything you need, it was really a dream kitchen for every housewife but still it was so quiet and dull.

 

She slowly turned back and cracked the eggs into the pan, hearing the hot sizzle as it hit the oil. She turned the fire to low and she stated to fry the bacons and hotdogs. Then she follows to cook the fried rice.

 

Then she proceeded to chop the tomatoes and chives into small pieces and sprinkled a pinch of salt on them.

 

Then she gets another chopping board and cut the fruits she took out from the fridge earlier, she cut them into a bite size. And then she arranged them neatly on the separate plates.

 

After cooking, she quickly took out plates and slid some fried rice on each plate and then put some bacon, hotdog and the chopped veggies on the side of each. And then she went to the coffee maker, poured some on the two cups and walked over to the dining table.  She put the plate and the cups of coffee down on the table, along with a spoon, fork and a napkin.

 

Everything was ready for breakfast.

 

It was like that for her every day since she moved in to the Seo’s house or since she became the wife of Jonghyun.  She wants to do everything on her own especially when it comes to Jongyun’s needs…at first Haneul and Dong-gun did not buy her idea…but when she explained herself to them…they finally give in and let her do the stuff that she wants to do. 

 

Even their maids also used to see her doing things like cooking foods for Jonghyun, so it’s not a big deal for them too.

 

Almost every day except Saturday and Sunday…both Jonghyun and her woke up early and eat breakfast together before their parents do, because they want to go to their work early as possible. This made Haneul and Dong-gun proud of them for being serious and responsible when it comes to their job.

 

Yoona sat down and waited for Jonghyun to come downstairs.

 

Minutes later…she could feel her heart beating faster when she saw Jonghyun coming towards the dining room, towards her.

 

Yoona stared at him and even smiled at him brightly.

 

But Jonghyun just sat up; he didn't even bother to look up at her and sat down. He stared down at his plate and he started to eat quietly.

 

Yoona stared down sadly at her lap as Jonghyun ate…and she just  quietly begun to eat her food.

 

‘Aigoo. What am I thinking... of course he wouldn't mention what he did last night…that he would actually return the feelings I had for him? He already said clearly I’m not his type and he doesn’t like me…so maybe…maybe he just missed Yejin so much…that’s why he did that to me…to relieve his loneliness…I’m still a woman after all even if I’m not his type…But gosh! It felt so awkward…and it’s hurt…' Yoona thought as she sighed heavily.

 

Jonghyun looked up and as he saw her sad face...he felt guilty, he knew he hurt her again, he opened his mouth, attempting to say something, to at least comfort her, but no matter how he tried no words come out…so he just stayed quiet instead.

 

He wanted to communicate better...to show her that he really meant what he did last night…that he was sincere about what he said to her last night…that he really cared about her.

 

But it was just so damn hard! And it seriously felt super extremely awkward. Everything was first for him…he never felt like this before, never once in all the women he dated before…he never felt this awkward…He never felt this hard…He just left whenever he wants to leave. No drama. No mess. No big deal.  But now…

 

Eating…

            

Secretly glances…

 

Silence…

 

Eating…

            

Secretly glances…

 

Silence…

 

Eating…

            

Secretly glances…

 

Silence…

 

Until they were both done eating…

 

Jonghyun pushed the plate away gently but he remained to his position…while Yoona started to clean up the table.

 

She stood up and was about to bring all the dishes to the kitchen…when suddenly…

 

"Yoona." Jonghyun called her as for the moment he closed his eyes tightly.

 

"D-deh?" Yoona asked as she blinked.

 

Jonghyun turned and looked straight at her in the eyes.

 

An awkward silence filled the dining room as he just silently stared at her.

 

Yoona blushed. Why was he staring at her like that?

 

"Yoona…I think it’s time for us to talk…" Jonghyun once again said her name.

 

"I just don’t...I don't understand..."  He said as he looked down on the table.

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes…trying to absorb and analyze Jonghyun’s question.

 

"J-Jonghyun, what is it that you don’t understand?"  Yoona asked him.

 

"I ahh…just…I don't really understand why you do all this. I don't understand why you try so hard to be a perfect wife, or fake every smile or pretend like this marriage is actually okay to you..." Jonghyun said and paused.

 

"When we both know clearly, that…it is not." Jonghyun added as she stared back at her.

 

Yoona surprised with what she had heard. She didn't expect him to asked her that question...well...everything.

 

"I know that...I know very well that this marriage was just an arranged, but...for our parents and everyone else who wanted us together...and for our agreement…I'm just-" Yoona said in her low tone but instantly cut off by him.

 

"Oh, please stop."  Jonghyun cut her off.

 

He slowly saw her sad and hurt expression.  It hurt to see her like that...and he hated it whenever he acted cold to her...but he wanted to tell her.

 

He should tell her. She honestly didn't deserve this anymore.

 

"I know and I see that you’re not happy.  I'm not the kind of husband any woman would want, Yoona...you probably even hate me for being cold and uncaring to you. Every time, you either look sad or fake your expressions. I keep...I keep...hurting you. So why are you still with me until now?" Jonghyun took a deep breath.

 

Yoona just stared at him in disbelief. This was the first time he had ever talked so frankly to her like that.

 

But it scared her. Why exactly was he asking her that?  She was so afraid…so afraid that this will be the time…that she feared most to come…

 

"W-why are you suddenly saying these things? A-Are you saying that I should leave you? T-that we should stop n-now? You…want…a d-divorce now?  Huh Jonghyun?"  She hesitantly but finally managed to asked him.

 

Jonghyun surprised…for a moment he stared at her…

 

He didn’t expect she will be asking him those questions as well.  He was so surprised she brought it up first. He clenched his hands into fists and his lips trembled a bit.

 

This was it...he was going to lose her. He was going to lose the only woman that changed his mind set about love, relationship and marriage…the only woman that made him dream of having a family and future…the only woman that changed and rock his world…the only woman he loved for the first time in his life and possibly the only woman he'll ever love.

 

For him there was no other woman who could compare to Yoona no one else. And that was exactly why he's letting her go...she was too good for him...she deserved to be happy. He knows he couldn't give her that…because she doesn’t love him.

 

“Y-yes.”  He finally said without thinking…while looking down.

 

 

 

Yoona took her deepest sighed as she closed her eyes tightly.

 

He finally said it. He finally said what she was so scared of hearing. He wanted her to leave him...he wanted a divorce.

 

She honestly didn't know what to say anymore. She opened , but no words came out.

 

Jonghyun looked away…avoiding her eyes.

 

"O-okay...then...I'll file the d-divorce papers within a week. I'll also notify both our parents as soon as our papers done filing."  Jonghyun replied before turning around to leave and go upstairs.

 

Yoona suddenly took a step forward and grabbed his sleeve, shakily.

 

Jonghyun froze. He could feel her fingers shaking.

 

"I ahh…I am confused too...if...if you want me to leave...why didn't you just divorce me sooner we have an agreement of just six months right?  But how come you endured it until this far?" Yoona finally asked him.

 

Jonghyun looked down.

 

So she wanted to leave sooner? She was just waiting for him to say it? He knew it all along. She hated this marriage, she hated him...and she couldn't wait to get out of it.

 

"Well, I don’t know too…maybe I am just so pre-occupied with so much work…but that’s not important… I'm doing it now, aren't I?"  Jonghyun said, a little too harshly, and stay away from her.

 

Yoona just watched silently as he walked away and went upstairs.

 

She felt like crying...but she refused to let her tears come.

 

‘So, he really wants me to leave...’  She sadly thought as she fighting hard to lose her tears.

 

She walked over to the kitchen and put all the dirty dishes in the sink, staring at the dishes silently. Like she said, she'll go with it. She'll accept the divorce if he wanted it. She didn't want to force him to stay in this marriage if he didn't want to.

 

She knew it before they got married; she knew that they will divorce eventually after their agreement and has to leave after that. She should be ready and anticipate this will be coming…no matter what.

 

But damn!  She didn't know it'll hurt this much…it broke really her heart badly!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter