First Day...First Night In Seoul...

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul

Yongseo Home…

 

Jonghyun stared at Yonghwa and Seohyun as they walked into their new house. He thought he really didn't feel like they were newlywed couple, they weren’t looked happy or contented as they entered the house and looked around.

Maybe because it didn’t match their expectation, because it was just an ordinary apartment type house and it’s too small, they can even say that it’s whole area were only matches their own bedroom in Busan. And it’s too simple even the furniture and appliances were too plain for them, not like fancy ones like they imagined.

Well, can’t blame them…for they were living their whole lives with their comfortable mansions in Busan. Just like a prince and princess, who everything they need were just so easy for them to reach and to have.

‘But I find it cute though…and it just enough and fits well for the newlywed couple…just like them.’ Jonghyun thought.

His thought was cut by Seohyun and Yonghwa running out from the bedroom.  Running towards the living room.  Towards him.

"Ottoke? Otokke? There's just one bed in the bedroom, how can we divided it in two?" Seohyun said to him, her face was in panicking.

"And there's no couch in there." Seohyun pointed a finger on the opened door which obviously was the bedroom.

Yonghwa's eyes grew wide. "I-it's true!" Yonghwa freaked out.

"And so? What if it has only one bedroom and one bed? Why is it so big deal to the both of you? When in fact you were already shared and sleep in one bedroom and probably in one bed, for a month now in Busan? So what’s the difference between Busan and Seoul huh?  You're married, so that's not an issue, remember? " Jonghyun clarified in a teasing tone.

The two looked at Jonghyun in surprise and said.

"Yah! You should know better than anyone!" Yonghwa and Seohyun both yelled simultaneously.

Jonghyun just laughed at the two couple, he’s really starting to love how the two of them react.

"Or, one of you can always sleep at this comfortable couch?"  He said, patting the couch he was seated on.

Seohyun immediately pointed a finger at Yonghwa.

"Yah, you will sleep there!" She said to him.

"Yah! Don't try your luck, Brat! I won't! If you hate sleeping with me that much, why don't you sleep there?" Yonghwa retorted, his finger pointing at Jonghyun, though he was obviously referring to the couch.

"No way! Jerk!" Seohyun screamed, stomping her feet like a child.

"I don’t want to sleep with you. You're a ert, but I won't let you live a comfortable life sleeping on that comfy bed while I sleep on that couch! Over my dead body!"  She angrily pointed the room then the couch.

"Tch! What? Who's the ert? Yah! You’re not even my type. I won't touch you, or even fantasize about you even if you're the last girl on earth! Brat!" Yonghwa charged angrily.

Jonghyun leaned his back more comfortably at the couch and chuckles at the two bickering and fighting couple in front of him.

"Then, just sleep together in one bed. End of conversation. Alright?” Jonghyun intervened, catching the attention of the two.

Seohyun was about to open , when Yonghwa interrupted.

"It's settled!" He turned to face Seohyun, then continued,

"And if any of us complain, then the complainant sleep on the couch." He said.

Seohyun's hesitant expression turned into a fierce one, she turned to Yonghwa with her piercing eyes.

"Okay! Fine!" She yelled. "It's a deal. Jerk!" She said sarcastically.

Jonghyun, smiled at them and let out a long sighed.

‘Aigoo…My sister was really fond of making stupid deals. How petty? But I'm somehow glad the matter was settled.’ Jonghyun thought while grinning widely.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The bedroom and bed matter was settled at least. Then they begin with their talks again.

 

"Yah, Bro…But who chose this house?" Yonghwa whined.

"How do they expect me to live here, it’s too small?" Yonghwa added took out his cellphone from his pocket and started dialing.

While Seohyun's gaze keep roamed around the house.

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders, had to agree that it was really too small, especially when you used to live in a mansion.  Though, it was enough to accommodate two persons, and any happy newlyweds would be glad to live there.

Jonghyun placed the bags down and tapped Yonghwa’s shoulder,

“I heard and I knew it was Hongki Hyung and Mina Noona who chose and decorated this house."  Jonghyun told Yonghwa.

But Yonghwa didn’t really hear what Jonghyun’s said…he just gave Jonghyun a curious look as he yelled. He was holding the cellphone against his ears.

"Who chose this house, Hongki Hyung!... Yah!... Answer me, at least."  Yonghwa yelled out on his cellphone.

Seohyun and Jonghyun stared at him in confusion, they knew he was already called and talking to Hongki.

And then, his expression turned into panicking, "Oh, M-ina Noona? I-it was you?" Yonghwa was stuttered.

I let out a smirk as Seohyun face palmed.

"I-I'm sorry, Mina Noona… I was about t-to tell Hongki Hyung that whoever chose this house did a good job…it was cute and cozy…thanks." Yonghwa explained, stuttering. Then he hanged up.

Seohyun chuckled, when he heard Yonghwa’s sudden change of statement.  ‘Aish, jinjia… this Jerk so hyprocrite!’ She thought.

As she turn around to check on the room. It was just a one-bedroom apartment, with one bathroom. It was that simple. The kitchen and the dining area were even located in the same room.

As Yonghwa shut his cellphone, he let out a sigh, he gave Jonghyun an angry look and spoke.

"You knew all along that it was Mina Noona, didn't you?" Yonghwa asked him.

"Yah, that's why I told you earlier, but then you’re too stubborn and didn’t even listen to me. You just kept on dialing that’s why you didn’t hear me.  I guess you’re really one lucky guy…" Jonghyun answered in sarcasm and irony.

Yonghwa sat down at the couch and massaged his temples.

“But what came up to their mind that they only chose a one bedroom house, when in fact they knew that two people will going to live in this house?” Yonghwa asked again.

“That’s true…two individual person…why do they had to choose this house when they can always choose a bigger one with two bedrooms?” Seohyun add in.

“Yah, will you two…stop complaining…especially about the bedroom…Instead of complaining and nagging too much…why not start organized your things now so that you can rest after…anyway, you had no choice, whether you like or not, you two will stay here in this house together…so better use to it.” Jonghyun asked them.

Yonghwa and Seohyun didn’t reply to him they just kept quiet. Maybe they realized that what Jonghyun had said to them was right.

Yonghwa and Seohyun just chuckles in disappointment, they knew again that Jonghyun’s right, they don’t have any choice now but to live in the house that their parents choose for them. So, they just obeyed Jonghyun and started to put their luggage and things in the bedroom.

While Jonghyun decided to make an afternoon snack for them to relax a little after their long trip, so he went to the kitchen, roaming around, opening all kitchen cabinets and the fridge, until he decided to make some iced tea for them and glad he found some biscuits for them too.

When all of them done with their businesses. They all gathered once again in the living room.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yonghwa sat down at the couch and massaged his temples. And begun the conversation, while Seohyun pouring some iced tea on their glasses.

"Tch, you know what’s really hard now? My Aboeji and Omoni talked to me last night, and they both said that starting now…I won't get any allowance from them. As in none even one centavo, II'm really have start from zero." Yonghwa said nervously.

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa and chuckles, she felt he really telling the truth.

"But didn't you have any saving a bank account, a credit card or save any money from your previous allowances and clients from your association?" Jonghyun asked, as he sit beside him.

"Aigoo, all my bank accounts and credit cards were all froze now by my parents.  And, I didn't save much from my previous allowances and clients fee, I mean…who'd expect this happened in an instance?" Yonghwa said, looking at Jonghyun.

"By the way, what about you, what can you do for a living?" Yonghwa asked Seohyun as he looked at her.

Seohyun was about to answer Yonghwa’s question when Jonghyun started to talk.

"How did you last a month pretending you two were happily married without knowing your wife's craft, Bro? You're really something. Jinjia." Jonghyun frowned.

"I don't know, I mean why would I know that…I had no interest or whatsoever …besides, we didn’t have any interactions and care for each other’s businesses before… and we never find the time to talk about these things at the end of the day." Yonghwa exclaimed, but he somewhat embarrassed.

Jonghyun let out an amused chuckle. Then she looked at Yonghwa and then to Seohyun, and sighed.

"That's because you two never do anything but fighting and bickering every time you met. Seohyun's knows how to write and review books or any writings, you see." Jonghyun told him, while sipping the tea.

"Oh, I see…that’s why you had your OJT at the publishing…so you want to become a writer, a journalist, or a novelist?" Yonghwa ask her.

Seohyun nodded, "Well, yes, I want to become a writer, and even got the chance to start my first  job at the publishing…but I quit the job even before I start, just because of this…damn wedding." Seohyun stated.

"Oh, really, was that because you wanted to focus on being a housewife and want to become a good wife?" Yonghwa question, his eyes in wonder.

"Aish! In your dreams! No, I had to quit because we’re forced moving here in Seoul, and that job was in Busan." Seohyun explained.

Yonghwa crossed his legs, sipping his iced tea. He wanted to know more about Seohyun, but was too hesitant to ask.

"Oh, she loves books, I believe it's because she really wanted to start a career in writing." Jonghyun continued.

Yonghwa just nodded.

"I see. So, her writings and stories must be those compiled pieces of paper she hides every time I enter the room back home."  Yonghwa said.

"Might be? I don’t know…"  Jonghyun shrugged, "Who knows?" He said.

“What? What are you talking about? I didn’t hide anything…” Seohyun protested.

Just before Yonghwa could say another thing, Seohyun remembered something.

Seohyun then turned to look at Jonghyun.

"By the way Oppa, did Aboeji give you my allowance? Because I forgot to asked him this morning before I leave." She asked.

Jonghyun tilted his head slightly to the side.

"You haven't talked to Aboeji yet?" Jonghyun asked her back.

"No. Not yet. Do we have to talk? Wae?" She pressed the question.

Jonghyun, looked at her little sister, seems didn't have any idea how to explain it.

"Like what I said ealier, our parents already talked and agreed. No more allowances for us, starting from now.  So, we have to start looking for a job. And live on our own now."  Yonghwa interjected straightforwardly.

"W-what?!?" Seohyun almost yelled out in disbelief.

"B-but…Why? Didn’t they satisfied for us not to bring any cars with us, or froze our credit cards and bank accounts…now even our allowances? What’s wrong with them really? Do they want us to die in starvation? Ah Jeongmal! I can’t take it anymore!" Seohyun asked and yelled out.

She faced Yonghwa, "Can I borrow your cellphone? I have to talk to my Aboeji!" she was losing it.

Jonghyun had to laugh at this, so he did.

Jonghyun watched Seohyun as she shakily dialled their Aboeji's number and press the cellphone against her ears.

"A-aboeji? I don't have my allowance yet?" She said politely, though the nervousness in her tone was easily detected.

"Since when?  But you know I don’t any job yet, … and you just made me move to another town, remember!" She definitely lost it now.

"Am I even your real daughter! Why are you making everything so difficult and complicated for me!" She yelled as she argued over the phone.

"Aboeji!" was her last screamed, and dropped the phone.

Yonghwa panicked upon seeing her ready to cry anytime.

"Y-yah."  Yonghwa told her as he caught the cellphone and the staggering Seohyun who almost fell on his chest, he held her tightly around her waist and leaned on the wall for stable support.

"Yah, I-it can't be all that bad, right…Don’t worry I’ll find ways for us to survive this?" Yonghwa told Seohyun in panicking, he really was comforting her, with his blushing face.

 

Jonghyun on the other side just watching the couple while silently smiling.

‘Hmmnn…love it! It’s really getting more and more interesting now…’ He thought and let out a wide grin on his face.

 

Yonghwa's POV

 

As I saw the Brat after she talked to my father-in-law…and she almost fell…somehow I felt like…weird…I know right? But I pity her…we’re in the same situation anyway.

"O-Oppa…" Seohyun said, her voice shaking. I was keeping her from completely falling to the ground.

"P-please… lend me some money. I don’t have anything right now…not even a single centavo…I really didn’t thought and expected this happen." Seohyun said weakly.

I couldn't help but chuckles. Was she joking?  Because if she was, it was a good one. I looked at Jonghyunnie, who was laughing silently as always.

"Yah, Oppa! She called Jonghyunnie again.

“Yah, Bro just lend her all your money!" I shouted, as Seohyun's tensed head landed on my chest.

She just collapsed on me. I felt all the heat rise up to my face. Even though I couldn't see it, I knew my face was so red.

I looked down at the Brat and stirred her slightly.

"Yah, are you okay, Brat!" I told her in my worrying tone.

"Just, carry her to the room and tuck her in bed. Palli." Jonghyunnie told me. More like an instruction to me though

I stared at him in disbelief, as he shot me an assurance look. I turned around and carry the weakened Brat on my back, brought her to the room and tucked h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter