Neighbor?

Bratty Wife VS. Jerky Husband
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul

 

Sando-dong

 

Yongseo Home…

 

The next morning…

 

The very first morning that Yonghwa and Seohyun officially live their life alone…together, in the city of Seoul.

Yonghwa woke up early and got up first, so Seohyun left in bed alone, still sleeping soundly.

And after almost two hours…Seohyun’s also woke up slowly.

 

Seohyun's POV

I was slowly regaining consciousness. I hardly saw some weak light from outside was going in slowly through the bedroom’s little window and hitting me directly on the face. I knew for it to be this far into the room already, it had to be getting a little late.

I slowly opened my eyes and I yawned, stretched my arms then I freely spread them on the bed.

Usually, I could feel his weight on the bed beside me, the familiar sagging in the bed that always alerted me to his presence there, but something was off.

Instead of that side of my body feeling the normal chill I'd grown so accustomed to it was...feeling so warm and comfortable that my body relaxed and I fell into a blissful sleep last night.

W-wait did I just say…blissful and warm? Aish, seriously what am I saying?

That was when I noticed that something is missing…then I realized because Jerk’s wasn't there beside me anymore.

Probably he woke up early. I sighed. He probably thinks that I am so lazy brat again. Aish.

But why would he need to wakes up so early? When he’s nowhere to go, he doesn’t know anyone here yet and he doesn’t have a job here yet? I was just so curious, ahhh whatever I need to find out myself.

So, I slowly got up and fixed the bed and went straight to the bathroom…to do my morning stuff.

And minutes later…I’m done in the bathroom and I walked out the bedroom to check on the Jerk.

There, I found the Jerk’s in the living room busy checking and reading something, some kind of newspapers and papers in a folder I think…then I saw him putting all the papers inside his bag and stood up.

And then he saw me coming towards him.

“Oh, you’re awake? Good morning…” He said without even looking at me, busy fixing his things.

Okay he noticed my presence, at least.

“Deh. Good morning…” I replied. He just nodded at me. 

Not even looking at me again. Aish.

“Oh, I need to go somewhere, and I need to find and locate that place first for I am not familiar yet…please just stay inside don’t go out and lock the door well after I leave…and don’t you just let any stranger coming in the house while I’m gone okay?” He told me, while grabbing his things and fixing them in his bag.

"Ahrasso…Ahrasso…Ahh so many reminders jeongmal.  What am I a child?” I annoyingly asked him.

“No, a Brat.” He replied coldly.

 “And you’re nothing but a big Jerk!” I told him as my revenge.

“W-wait…You should've at least cooked some breakfast…" I added as I sat at the dinner table.

“Yah, I have no time for that…I have to go early…” He said.

"But you know very well that you can cook better than I can…" I said while slammed my head gently on the table and slouched.

Then the Jerk turned to look at me.

"Yah, I told you I need to go somewhere early and find that place first…I didn't even have breakfast myself.  Why don’t you just look at the fridge or the kitchen cabinets and eat whatever ready-to-eat foods you will find there.”  He told me with a pissing tone.

“Ah cham! But where are you going this early? You’re rushing like a crazy Jerk…” I sarcastically told him.

Then he looked at me again and almost yelled out at me.

“Aish! Because I am not a lazy, I am not dependable and I am thinking of future…I have to find a job now or else we'll both finish in week time, so do you get it now, huh annoying Brat?" He stated coldly.

"And oh, you just do nothing and stay at home anyway, you could at least prepare our dinner, and I'd advise you to start now so you can finish on time." He added.

I twitched my eyes and frowned as I turned to him.

“Hmp! Are you perhaps telling me that I am lazy, dependable and not thinking of future huh?  How dare you?  And are you gone crazy? It's still so early in the morning and I didn’t have my breakfast yet, and you are thinking of making me prepare dinner?  Are you really underestimating me huh Jerk?” I sarcastically replied to him.

"Whatever!" He rolled his eyes annoyingly, as he desperately pulled at the tie around his neck.

"Yah, will you help me here?  This is getting irritating!" He murmured angrily that he couldn't fix his tie into place.

“No. Just fix it yourself.” I coldly told him.

“Yah, for goodness sake, will you stop that and help me now? I’m really running out of time here.” He replied.

Hmp! As if I have a choice. I stood up and walked towards him.

"Tch. Why bother wearing a tie, you'll take it off later when you feel uncomfortable and hot anyway…" I said as I grabbed the tie and put it on around his collar, and crossed the wide side over the narrow side of the tie. I made a knot and inserted the wide side into the loop.

I felt his eyes were stuck on my face so I raised a brow and returned his gaze.

"W-wae? What are you staring at?" I asked him.

He removed his gaze away from me and diverted it to his neck.

"Wow! You really know how to do this? Really so comfortable not when I did it myself…" He asked me.

"Tch. Not like I want to, but I have a lot of boys to take care of, I’m referring to my Aboeji and two older brothers who sometimes I’m fixing their ties too.” I explained.

The Jerk’s laughed.

"Oh, so it must be good to get married to a girl who practically grew up around boys, too bad that a grateful one couldn't experience this…" He teased.

I looked at him angrily as I pulled the tie tighter, making him choke.

"I think you're better die in choke. You ungrateful Jerk!" I sarcastically said to him.

He coughed, gripping my wrists, "Y-yah! I-I was just kidding…" He chokingly said.

"Hmp! Not funny…" I pouted as I loosened the tie around his neck. I then neatened the knot and held his collar in place.

"Yah, I want a book when you get back. Buy me one. Don’t forget or else you will sleep outside this apartment." I told him.

"W-what? You’re the one asking me a favor and then you still have guts in threatening me like that? What a spoiled Brat really…" He murmured, as he his neck gently.

“Ahhh…Whatever! Just buy me a book.” I yelled out.

“Tch! Then give me some money to buy your book.” He asked me.

“Yah! You know I don’t have any-” I replied but cut.

 

We just stop bickering when…we heard someone press the doorbell.

 

DING DONG. The doorbell rang.

 

We look at each other and then turned our gaze at the front door.

 

“Who is that?” We asked in unison.

 

Then just I ran towards the door and opened it.

 

As I opened the door, I saw standing before me was a cute long haired girl about the same age as us. She is pretty too. And wearing something like she will going to work or in an office.  And I noticed she was carrying a pot of food, though I couldn't tell what it was, and she was smiling warmly.

"Hello, neighbor…good morning…my name is Wu Guigui, I just lived next door …And oh, I brought you some food as a welcome gift…sorry to bother you early in the morning…just want to welcome you before I go to work…"  She continuously said and greeted us.

What a nice neighbor! I thought.

I opened the door widely and gave her a sweet smile.

"Oh, hi…no, you didn’t bother us, we’re awake early and thank you, for welcoming us and for your presents…" I said politely, and I was glad that I could escape making my own breakfast.

"I have to go, Brat." The Jerk suddenly appeared behind me, making me turn my head and turn to look at him.

Hmn…okay…alright…I must admit…the Jerk’s was looking so handsomely cool in a nice dark gray suit with a stripped red and gray tie and slicked back hair. I can’t help but smiled inwardly.

He stopped and looked at the neighbor, who was probably amazed to look at him.

“Ah, hello…umm, excuse me, neighbor?" The Jerk asked casually.

The girl snapped her eyes up, her face now blushing madly.

I wanted to laugh. She obviously had an instant crush and likes the Jerk.

"Y-yes?" Guigui asked, dumbstruck.

"Let me pass please?" The Jerk waved a hand, gesturing that she move out of his way.

I rolled my eyes.

"What a rude guy! Tch." I couldn't help but say it out loud.

The poor girl was obviously shocked by what she heard, she merely froze.

"Yah, neighbor, please let me pass…I’m really running late now." The Jerk demanded, annoyed.

He then turned to face me and he whispered, loudly.

"Will you please get her out of the way, my dearest wife?" He told me.

"W-wife? You mean you two are couple, a married couple?"  The cute Guigui asked in surprise and disappointment, as she bounced her gaze back and forth between me and the Jerk.

My jaw dropped. What happened to our deal? He’s not supposed to say that ‘wife’ thing and that were married to a stranger.

I was about to open my mouth to protest when the Jerk beat me to it.

"Yes, we are, we’re married, that’s why I don’t have any interest to any other girls anymore… and I am so late now…so please let me pass, now!" He said, glaring at the poor neighbor.

Silence… “_”   “_”

The wind blew against our neighbor's skin, making her hair sway in little motions.

I stared at him in disbelief. Just how conceited could he get? I immediately landed my hands on his shoulder forcefully, making him start in anger.

"What are you doing? Don't you even know how to treat a neighbor  and a make a good first impression? She just came here to greet us and welcome us as a new neighbor, you should at least show her some respect. You arrogant Jerk!" I shouted.

"Aish! You're getting too violent, Brat! Don't act like Omoni! Full of Nagging!" He yelled back, as he the part of his shoulder I hit and pointed a finger at me accusingly with his free hand.

"You can't blame me, you deserve it! How could you say that to a girl in front of her face? You're the worst Jerk!" I yelled in disappointments.

Oh Gosh! Please remind me how I ended up living alone with this Jerk…I totally don’t understand and don’t know if I still can live with him for another day.

I'm totally losing all my patience, jeongmal, especially in this early morning?

Then I just saw the Jerk clenched his teeth and looked back at me.

"Yah, I just told her the truth, what’s wrong with that? Tch, How violent! How could you just embarrass me like that? Annoying Brat!" He sarcastically said to me.

"What did you just say? Embarrass? You? Huh, you really don't get it, don't you? You're the one who just acted so shamefully, and you p –" I was angrily back to him but I was cut by Guigui.

 

Because of our anger…we even forgot…that there is another person in front of us. Oh so embarrassing jinjia.

 

"E-excuse me?" Guigui’s voice interrupted.

"It's alright, I, ahhh...doesn't mind… I just want you to have this," She stretched her hands and handed me the pot, which I gratefully accepted.

"By the way I'm Guigui…" She pointed at herself. Smilingly to the Jerk.

"You may pass now, neighbor …and have a nice day!" She smilingly said to him and then took a gracious step aside.

“Thank you.” The Jerk said coldly and nodded to her, and stepped out the door.

He looked at me and then he just took his leave.

I just shook my head at his deed. How jerk and how rude! I thought.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Just then I remembered our neighbor.

 

I just told her to come inside for a while, then she went in, and I just followed her without closing the door. 

Then I offered her something to drink but she just said no.

"Oh, by the way…his name is Yonghwa, Jung Yonghwa…and sorry about that…please don’t mind us, we’re just really like that." I said smiling sweetly but so embarrassed inside.

“And it's really nice to meet you Guigui. I am very thankful for this really."  I slowly bowed in gratitude.

As I raised my head back up, I noticed that Guigui wasn't really paying attention to me.

I followed her gaze and saw the disappearing figure of the Jerk.

"Yonghwa…" She murmured in her lowest tone.

I smiled and chuckles.

"Ah, that rude jerk… I apologize for his behavior…" I quickly remarked.

She turned her head and looked at me, "Wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter