Gifts, Letters And Goodbyes. (Part 1)

Its A Full House. . . Filled With Idiots.

 

 

Yejin's POV 

 

 

Its June already and I'm leaving Seoul tonight. I wouldn't make it to Taemin's birthday. I begged mom to at least make me stay with Maki while I was there. Maki is an old friend of mine. Well more like acquaintance. I knew her in Middle school when we were partnered up for a project. I guess she was the closest thing I got to a friend. She different from all the other people. When I tried to push others away she was persistent to be close to me. Weird I tell you. But then again I got used to her presence. She was with me until first year of high school then she moved to the states to continue her studies there. Maki is half Japanese half Korean. She moved because of her father's job. I really didn't know what her dad's job was though. Ugh. I already packed most of my things and shipped them off to the states to the address where I would live. It would probably get there next month. I sighed and went shopping while SHINee was still in the dorm so when I get home I get to fix everything while they were away. You see I plan to give them gifts before I leave. Just to make up for the birthdays and christmas days that I would miss when I leave. I packed the remaining clothes that was on my closet and a few of my things. 

 

Graduation was nothing special except for the fact that I don't get to see those familiar faces in the halls anymore and those es ing about me. Then a week back I had finished SHINee's photo shoot for their album cover for their Japanese debut. The pictures came out perfectly if I do say so myself.  Anyway, I'll be leaving the house to buy the guys gifts before I leave. I strolled through the mall looking for the perfect gifts for them. I passed by this store that sold couple things. Since I knew Jonghyun and Key were so close I thought of buying them something that they could wear together. I mean, they do it most of the time. I bought them this cute shirt that had shinee printed over it and in the back had their names on it. I bought Jonghyun the black one because it was his favorite color. And Key the white one because I thought that would suit him well. 

 

I bought Key that white shirt with SHINee logo and his name on it, a pocket mirror which he could carry around instead of that huge mirror he always brings around. Moleskine notebooks where he could write about his day and all that, like a diary of some sort, then a moleskine blank pages where he could use his artistic talent and doodle or draw what he likes with pencils that were used for scetching. A Moleskine organizer and travel book. (a/n : for those of you who don't know moleskine its a brand of notebooks. http://www.moleskine.com) I knew he was a neat freak and pretty much loved his things all organized. I knew also that he doesn't like Jonghyun touching his things and Jonghyun liked to touch them a lot so I asked someone to customize a door sign for Key that said "Touch Key's things and I'll break your arm. -Love YEJIN" 

 

As for Jonghyun, I bought him the black shirt like Key's. Since Jonghyun was a big Usher fan I bought him an album. Raymond vs. Raymond. I didn't know if he already had that but I just bought it anyway. I got him a puppy plush because I know he absolutely loved puppies and couldn't resist them. I didn't get him an actually puppy because he already has Roo and Key had Coco so they don't need anymore pets in the dorm. So instead I bought Roo a lot of stuff, like a bed where he could sleep in, a container where he could eat, a bunch of supplies for the dog's hygiene and Roo's food supply of course. I bought some for Coco of course. Then I bought a bunch of music sheets for Jonghyun so he could compose as much as he liked to. I even thought of buying him a guitar and had his name engraved in the front. "Kim Jonghyun" in english cursive writing. 

 

I had fun buying gifts for Taemin because I know he was very deprived of electronics. He still uses that old ipod Onew gave him years ago. Poor Taemin didn't even have a decent phone. I went to Icity and decided to by him his own Ipod touch. Then I went to an electronics store to by beats headphones by Dr. Dre. The red and black one. I looked for a perfect phone for Taemin and found it. It was a blackberry Tour 9630. Although I Taemin for all those things he did to me, I still love my dongsaeng very much. And I'm the person that doesn't really express affection. When I do its very rare you see me do it. So I'm taking this time to do it because I wouldn't be here until I don't know when. All I know is I would be gone a long time. I bought him also cases for him. He really wanted to be Harry Potter so I bought him the whole set of DVDs so he could watch them when ever he wanted to. 

 

Onew's presents were a bunch of discount coupons to an excellent restaurant that had the best chicken dishes ever. I bet Onew would love those chickens. I know Onew always wanted a BB gun and had lost his sleep for days because he didn't know where to buy them. I smiled when I bought it for him. Then I passed by this cute store that sold stuffed toys and plushies. I decided to buy Onew a chicken stuffed toy and a penguin since he loved penguins. Then I tried shopping for Onew's clothes. If you guys lived with Onew he really lacked comfy clothes and he would usually sleep in his jeans. I decided to look for sleeping wear for him to use when he sleeps so he wouldn't be as uncomfortable. 

 

Picking gifts for Minho was the hardest part of my shopping today. I mean, I really didn't know much of Minho. Much less what to buy for him. Since I didn't really know what to buy I bought a bunch of sports jerseys, rubber shoes he could use when he was playing sports, a duffle bag where he could put all his stuff in it. I even bought him a book since I saw a pile of books beside his bed the last time I peeked in their room. I really didn't know what genre he'd like to read so I bought something like a book of informations and a novel that was about friendship. The only thing I knew about Minho was that he was very athletic and really really sweet when he tries to be. I guessed he would like something like a gold medal because he loved sports. I asked one of the shops who makes those things to put "SHINee's FLAMING CHARISMA" on the medal and put in the back in small letters, "From : Yejin" Surprisingly they made those things pretty fast so I got it after half an hour. 

 

After doing all that shopping I took off all the price tags that were attached on the things I was about to give them. I bought five boxes. Orange, yellow, purple, blue and red. The orange box contained all the gifts that was for Onew and a letter that I personally wrote. The yellow one contained Taemin's presents and another letter from me. The purple one had Key's presents in them and a hand written letter as well. The blue box was for Jonghyun that had his presents inside with a letter as well. And the red one was for Minho with a letter too. I put each box a name on the top near the ribbon so they would know for who the boxes were and placed the boxes on their beds. I came out from their room and started to cook for their dinner since I already went grocery shopping as well. The food I bought was to last for about a year. I put most of them in the pantry and put a note there saying "DON'T EAT THIS ALL AT ONCE! CONTROL! EARN THE ABS YOU NEED!" 

 

I started to cook their dinner by chopping all the vegetables while I was boiling the water. I prepared the rice to make kimbap later on. I dumped the noodles on the boiling water so that it would soften and I could make Jang Ban Guk Su. Soon I had finished cooking I filled the long coffee table with food. From side dishes to main entrées and all of that. Since Taemin loves to eat rice and really really likes to eat a lot I made lots of Kimbap for him to eat. Then Jang Ban Guk Su was for Minho. I also cooked a lot of chicken dishes for Onew to eat and share with Taemin, like Samgyetang, Dakgalbi, and Buldak.  Key and Jonghyun who were health freaks were really picky but also ate a lot. So I cooked them dishes that had lots of vegetables and were less oily. I also tried cooking Taemin some Bulgogi and Samgyeopsal. I wrote another letter, folded it  and put it in the middle of the table with SHINee written on it so that they would read it after I leave the house. As I finished wrapping the gifts, preparing the food and cleaning the house. I went to the room to rest a little bit before I took a shower and prepare to leave. After a few hours I decided to get ready. I wanted to be early in the airport so it wouldn't be crowded when I leave. I took a last look at the house before leaving. A few minutes from now SHINee will get home. I sighed and closed the door locking it before I left. Goodbye. 

 

Key's POV 

 

Recently Yejin had been pretty weird. Before she never cooked for us but recently she had been cooking our meals and all. Then sometimes I would catch her looking all depressed and sad. One time I even caught her crying when she was folding her clothes in her room. I got worried and asked her what was wrong but she would always tell me that everything was fine. I really didn't want to bother her because she didn't want me to. I had this bad feeling ever since this morning when we left the house. I wonder why. Anyway, I'm about to find out what it is because we were already heading home. Onew hyung was the one who opened the door and I smelled food immediately. I took off my shoes while everyone was already gathering around the coffee table in the living room. 

 

"WAAAAAAAH! ITS FOOODDDD!" Taemin said happily like a little kid that was given candy. 

 

"What's all the food for?" Jonghyun asked. 

 

Onew just shrugged and gave Jonghyun a I-have-no-idea-look. I walked over to them and they all grabbed the chopsticks and started scarfing down the delicious looking food. While they were eating I eyed the paper that was in the middle of the table. It had SHINee written on it. I grabbed it and unfolded to read what it wrote. 

 

Dear SHINee, 

 

Hey its me Yejin. How was the food? I'm betting Key is reading this right now. He's the most observant so he would probably notice this fist before you guys. Anyway, by  the time you guys are reading this I'll be off to America to continue my studies there. Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm staying over with a friend. Her name is Maki. I've known her since middle school. ^_^ The kitchen has a one year supply of food. SO DON'T YOU GUYS DARE SCARF THEM ALL IN ONE DAY. I left the key of the food supplies with Key since he's the only person I trust with the kitchen. I cooked you guys dinner because I wanted it as a farewell thing. I didn't tell you guys about the leaving thing because I knew you'd all stop me from going. I did this because I had a compromise with mom. I don't need to get married now. ^_^ Isn't that great? Anyway, I really hope you guys are well off without me. TAEMIN DON'T YOU DARE DO ANYTHING STUPID AGAIN. I leave everything to Key umma's hands to take care of the house and all of you idiots, arraso? Good luck with your Japanese debut. I hope you do well and succeed like your Sunbaes. HWAITING. <3 

 

P.S. I think there's something in you guys' room you'd like to see. OH! And Jonghyun and Key can share my room because I will no longer be staying in the house. :) 

 

-Love, 

 

Jessica Yejin Lee 

 

"Hyung, look at this." I handed Onew the piece of paper I was reading. 

 

He choked on the rice. Taemin rushed to the kitchen to get some water. "MWOH?!" His eyes widened in surprise. 

 

"Apparently she left us." I sighed. 

 

"What is it hyung?" Taemin asked. 

 

Minho looked uninterested and Jonghyun had a dumbstruck look on his face. I went to the room curious of what she had left us in the room. There were boxes on each of the beds. There was an orange box on Onew hyung's bed, a purple on mine, yellow on Taemin's, blue on Jonghyun's and a red on Minho's. I wonder what's inside. 

 

"Taaemin! look at this!" I called over to him. 

 

He rushed to my side and his eyes widened in shock. I walked over to my bed and grab the purple box that was there. It had Kim Kibum written on top near the huge ribbon that was placed on it. I opened it and looked inside. There were a bunch of stuff inside. The first thing I noticed was that big sign that said "Touch Key's things and I'll break your arm. -Love YEJIN" How sweet. She knew that I really didn't want my things touched. I rummaged through the box and found a pocket sized mirror that had Kim Kibum engraved on it and on the bottom part a small writing was there. I squinted my eyes to look and it read as "From Yejin w/ <3" Then I noticed a metal case in the box. I took it and it was a Derwent Graphic Pencil Set. Whoa? Isn't this for drawing and such? Cooll~ Then there were a bunch of notebooks with straps on them in the box. I opened them one by one and they were all different. One was for writing things, the other one was for sketching and doodling, and the other one was an organizer. At the bottom of the box there was a white shirt that had SHINee's signature logo on it and a note attached. 

 

I took the note and read it. 

 

Dear Key Diva Umma, 

 

Please take care of my pabo brothers. I know they can be annoying at times but please bear with them. I bought a bunch of stuff for you since I wouldn't be spending holiday's and birthday's with you guys there so I bought them earlier to be ready. Anyway, there should be a white colored shirt there with your name printed on the back and SHINee's logo on the front, three moleskines, a pocket mirror with your name engraved on it, a graphic pencil set for you to use, and a sign that said I would break someone's arm if they touched your things. Key, I hope your not mad I rejected you. I only did that because I was leaving and I didn't want a long distance relationship. I know how you hate people that beat around the bush so I'll say it clearly, I don't know my feelings as of now so don't hope. Don't wait for me either. I'm sorry if the words are harsh though. I just know that there's someone meant to be with you. I hope you like the gifts I bought you. <3 Be happy always Key. I don't want to see you mad or angry. Or even sad. SMILE UMMA! :) I love you don't you ever forget that! Take care of the other idiots for me! And OH! I almost forgot. The Key to the pantry is under your pillow. Open the pantry and give them food but not too much. I worked hard on picking food for you guys and I don't want it all scarfed down in one day. ^_^ Take care always. good luck with all the promotions and stuff! 

 

Love, 

 

Jessica Yejin Lee

--------------------

Author's Note : this chapter drained my energy! T_T I mean, it took me about seven hours to research about SHINee's likes and dislikes so that I could decide what gifts Yejin would give them. Then I researched about Korean food so that it would match SHINee's taste buds. T_T Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Its not exactly happy. Pretty sad actually. Anyway, COMMENTANDSUBSCRIBE! :) i'm going to bed now since I still have classes early in the morning tomorrow. :)) PPYONG!