The Other World

The Enchantress

 

 

[Park’s Mansion]

 

“Aigoo, my little princess is now a lady.” I smiled at my father and hugged him. “Your mother will be happy seeing you now grown up.”

 

“I know dad. How I wish that mom didn’t die from that accident.”

 

“A-ahm… Little Princess, after the party… I will tell something important to you.” I just nodded. My dad left my room and I started to prepare myself. As soon as the host called my name, I walked towards the stairs and gaze at my entire guest. I descend from the stairs and stared at my handsome and my most special man. We smiled at each other and he kissed me on my cheek when I finally approached him.

 

“You look so beautiful tonight, Angel” he whispered.

 

“And you look like a handsome prince tonight, fishy.”

 

“I love you so much, my Angel. I am willing to do everything for you.” He told me. I was about to hug him but someone interrupted.

 

CLAP CLAP CLAP

 

“What a happy birthday celebration you have, Sandara Park.” Our attention went to the lady who is clapping at the entrance.

 

“Hyuna..”

 

“Do you know her, Donghae?” I asked him.

 

“Oh, she didn’t know me, Donghae? You’re a bad guy, darling. Let me tell you a story, my dear Sandara. Once upon a time, there are three families. The Kims, The Parks and the Lee’s.”

 

“Hyuna, I’m warning you… Don’t ruin this party and go back”

 

“Oh no, don’t stop me my darling. Anyway, Mr. Park also knows this story, right Mr. Park? Let’s move on… A child is born and on her 16th birthday, she lost her memories because of an accident. Well, that girl met a boy in the hospital. That boy like the girl has no memories of his past. The girl and the boy like each other, but unknown to them their families are on each others neck. The girl and the guy were separated because the girl’s father found her, leaving the guy alone at the hospital. Two years after, they finally met again… and became an official couple but are they really official? The truth is the guy cannot be bound to her and I’m pretty sure he knows that, the girl’s father knows that and the guy’s bestfriend knows that but they chose to ignore it. Unfortunately, that guy is already engaged to another and the truth is that, the guy just approached the girl because of his father’s order, make that girl fall in love and break her.. Should I still continue? I’m pretty sure that you know who is the girl and the guy in the story right, SANDARA PARK?”

 

“Angel… Don’t listen to her…”

 

“Is it true?”

 

“Angel, listen to me…”

 

“Donghae, is it true?” I asked him while holding my temper.

 

“About our family? Yes its true but---“

 

“You lied to me!” I yelled at him… I can’t imagine that Donghae would do this to me…

 

“Nice reaction, Park” Hyuna smiled at me evilly. I saw dad rushing to me but I left the garden and went to the forest at the back of our mansion. I did not bother to listen to them… I am hurting… It feels like my heart is shattered into pieces… They lied to me.. They freakin’ lied to me…

 

How can you lie to me fishy...

 

“Little Princess, don’t go there! It’s dangerous!” I heard my father shouted. I know that they are running after me but right now... I don’t want to see them... I just want to be alone and cry my heart out. It hurts like hell knowing that Donghae really don’t love me... My father knew that he’s already engaged but he allowed me to be close to his enemies son. Is he hoping that Donghae will eventually fall in love with me and won’t hurt me? That’s bull! We’re not in a movie or drama where the girl and the guy will fall in love to each other even though their families are enemies!

 

“Angel! Listen to us!” Donghae grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.

 

“Let go of me! I won’t listen to a guy like you!!!” I yelled. But I guess he wasn’t able to hear it very clearly because of the roaring sound that the thunder made.

 

“Angel... Please believe me... I really love you...” I pushed him away from me but unfortunately, I stumbled and fell from the cliff behind me.

 

“DARA!” I heard my father shouted in horror.

 

“ANGEL!”

 

I looked up and saw the Moon and seven stars starting to align... It seems like it’s calling me... I closed my eyes waiting for me to fall and meet my demise. Maybe it’s for the better... I’d rather die than feel this pain I’m feeling right now.

 

“Didn’t I tell you that I won’t let you fall?”  I opened my eyes when I felt Donghae’s arm wrap around me.“I love you Dara. I really do...”

 

“I... I...”

 

“Sshhh... Don’t cry, my angel... Everything will be alright okay? I won’t let you get hurt, I promise you...”

 

The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes is that weird light. Some light suddenly appeared and wrapped us like some sort of a shield.

 

**

 

“NO!!” I shouted once I woke up. I looked at my surroundings and I am now in a bedroom which I’m not familiar with. I slowly move out from the bed but some guy opened the door before I could even touch the doorknob.

 

“Oh! You’re finally awake! You have some serious injuries when I found you at the forest and you’ve been sleeping for three days. Anyway, I am Lee Minho at your service.” The guy in front of me bowed to me like I am some royalty. I was confused when I saw him, his clothes are foreign to me.

 

“Ahm... Did you see a guy beside me at the forest? We fell from a cliff and I probably fainted in the middle of that...”

 

“I didn’t see anyone besides you, young lady. You are alone when I found you at the forest.” Minho told me.

 

“I’m pretty sure that he’s with me when I fell...” I whispered. My tears started to fall again when I remembered what happened at the party.

 

“H-hey... Don’t cry... Everything will be alright, young lady... Maybe someone helped the guy first and left you at the forest but because of my intrusion, the one who helped your companion didn’t find you there...”

 

“I hope that it’s just as you said...”

 

“Y-yeah.. So please stop crying now okay? Someone might see you crying and I don’t want them to think that I made you cry, hmmm?”

 

“T-thanks... Thanks for saving me, Minho-ssi... But where am I now? Is this far from the forest where you found me?” I asked him when I finally calmed down.

 

“It’s my pleasure to help you, young lady. The forest is not that far but I am afraid that we can’t go back there, young lady. Actually, no one is allowed to enter the forest except for the Royal Family.”

 

“W-what?! B-but my house is on top of that Cliff!”

 

“Nobody is occupying the forest, young lady.” Minho told me. His expression became serious and it looks like he’s doubting me. “Tell me young lady, are you trying to pass by the portal?”

 

“W-what portal?” I became more confused as we talk. What is this guy talking about?

 

“Lord Minho, the council is here!” some guy opened the door and he’s wearing a knight’s armor.

 

Are they filming something?

 

“Why are they here?” Minho asked.

 

“They probably heard that you found a beautiful girl in the forbidden forest.” I blushed upon hearing the knights statement.

 

“Tell them that the girl escaped from here.” Minho told the knight and he then glance at me. “Don’t worry, I won’t give you to them.” He assured me.

 

“Eh? Ahm... Are you filming something, Mr. Minho?”

 

“Filming? What’s that?”

 

Should I just knock this guy out? They’re weird. Kingdom, Lords, King and a knight...

 

“Minho, we know that the girl is there! Give her to us!” I heard someone said. Minho immediately grabbed my arm and shove me under the bed.

 

“Don’t make any noise or we are doomed.” I heard the door open and some old man ordered to search the room.

 

Oh please, even if I am dreaming or even if they are just filming something, don’t let them find me.

 

“I told you, the girl escaped here before you arrive. I was about to hand her to the council because she broke the law but she’s nowhere to be found.”

 

“Sire, we cannot find the girl.”

 

“Did you really check the whole manor?”

 

“Yes, sire!”

 

“Well then, let’s go!” after a few minutes, Minho raised the bed sheets and gently pulled me out of the bed.

 

“Why are they after me? As far as I know, I did nothing wrong. I just fell from the cliff and I’m pretty sure that it is within our property.” I heard him sigh.

 

“Aren’t you listening to me? Only the Royal Family can enter the forest because the portal to the human world lies on tha--- wait! Don’t tell me you are a human?”

 

“Well, aren’t you human too?” I asked him. I saw his eyes went wide and he covered his mouth as if he’s shock hearing my answer. “Aigoo, Minho-ssi, stop acting okay? If you are filming something then I will understand.”

 

“Minho!” our attention was brought to the person who opened the door and I think that she’s in her late 60’s. “OH! What a pretty girl you have here. Good day, young lady! I am Minho’s, Grandmother, Lee Hye Ri and you are?”

 

“I’m Sandara... Sandara Park” I smiled at his grandmother. I saw them look at each other and Minho immediately closed the door. “Is there something wrong?”

 

“Why is she here, Minho?” his grandmother asked him but I can tell that he can’t find the right answer to that question. “Young lady, are you out of your mind? You have the guts to go here at Sidgar knowing that our Kingdoms are not in good terms?”

 

“G-grandma, I found her at the forest... She’s a human.” Minho informed her.

 

“WHAT?! SHE’S A HUMAN?! How did she get here?”

 

“I fell from the cliff, Mrs. Hye Ri. And I would appreciate it if someone accompany me to get back home because my father must be worried right now.” I told them. I’ll just go with the flow even  if this situation seems impossible for me. I mean, who in the right mind would suddenly believe that you are in a different dimension right?

 

“I’m afraid that we can’t send you home, young lady. The forest is forbidden and we can’t possibly help you because you are a Park. If you want to go back to the human world, then the Queen or the high priest of Jiaro can help you.”

 

“Are you kidding me? So you’re basically saying that what is happening here is true?”

 

“Well, do you want proof that you are a human and you just went here in Verona? Can you show her some tricks, grandson?” I saw Minho nod and I was left with no words when he released a small tornado in the tip of his finger. “Oh and grandson, there is a festival at the town so if you don’t mind, go out with this young lady here so she can understand her stituation.” His grandma shove me towards him and winked at me.

 

**

 

[Donghae’s POV]

 

I opened my eyes and I saw Hyuna smiling at me. My head still hurts because of the impact of our fall.

 

“Where’s Dara?!”

 

“Oh, that little princess of yours? She’s in the Kingdom of Sidgar, darling. Your Kingdom.. Just pray that no one will know of her identity or else, say goodbye to your beloved angel, hahaha...”

 

“Don’t you dare do something to her! You witch!”

 

“Ooooppsss. Don’t forget that your little princess is a witch too... I bet that useless girl is scared right now not knowing a single thing about this world.”

 

“SHUT UP! I swear, if I manage to be free from here, I will really kill you!”

 

“You can’t kill me, darling. HAHAHA, anyway good news for me but I must say that it’s bad news for you. Prince Jaejoong started to move.. Those two will finally meet and you can’t do something about it, Donghae. Jaejoong is Dara’s---“

 

“SHUT UP!!! DON’T TALK ANYMORE BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT!”

 

“Fine. Deny all you want but you can’t change what’s already written.”

 

Angel.. Please be safe...